Hmm Chandler didn’t look so good there..

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He looked terrible in there against Girtz. He couldn’t find his range or shot. Girtz was inches away from landing every time.

He needed some time from that groin shot to realize he’s on a fight.

That shoulder dislocation on the slam really was critical.

I dunno.. I like the guy but Chandler might be on his way out soon.

It was a weird fight for sure (eye poke, nutshot, almost ankle-roll, shoulder dislocation, etc).

However, besides all of that, it was a typical Chandler performance.

girtz is underrated, but you're not entirely wrong. chandler was losing most of the striking exchanges.

Chandler was respectful of Girtz's power. He fought smart, got him down and submitted him in the 1st round. Looked good to me.

girtz is underrated, but you're not entirely wrong. chandler was losing most of the striking exchanges.

Define "underrated." Coming into the fight, Girtz lost 3 of his last 4 matches...and he wasn't fighting Top 10 LW competition, either.

Define "underrated." Coming into the fight, Girtz lost 3 of his last 4 matches...and he wasn't fighting Top 10 LW competition, either.
Even though he doesn’t have a spectacular record, the guy seemed explosive and dangerous. He has a lot of first round stoppages. He had pretty quick hands. Chandler fought the smart fight given the situation.

Top 10 Bellator LW comp so he is underrated by Bellator standard, like Chandler is underrated by UFC standard....

Top 10 Bellator LW comp so he is underrated by Bellator standard, like Chandler is underrated by UFC standard....

Chandler lost twice to UFC reject Will Brooks, and is 1-1 with Eddie Alvarez. Since that's all we have to go by, I wouldn't call him underrated by UFC standards.

he choked the guy out right away...

Chandler lost twice to UFC reject Will Brooks, and is 1-1 with Eddie Alvarez. Since that's all we have to go by, I wouldn't call him underrated by UFC standards.

Only clear loss being the second fight to Brooks..I personally felt Chandler got hosed in the second EA fight and the first Brooks fight

The second Brooks fight is pretty much his only non-disputed loss. Pretty sure the majority had him winning Vs. Alvarez 2 and vs. Brooks 1. Obviously Primus lucked out cause of the injury

Last edited:
HGH gut? (Interpret that how you want...Half Gallon Haagen-dazs?)
It did not look like HGH.

Just less ripped. Maybe is age, maybe his diet, maybe he trained less (he could have a cardio preventing injury or something).

It's hard to stay motivated going from a title fight rematch you've been waiting for, to a Fight with a guy who is unranked.Not to mention primus and girtz stylistically are not very similar.

Look how khabib barely cared about his fight with Iaquinta lol atleast Chandler finished.

Chandler's stannd up was always mainly based on his speed, reflexes and sheer athleticism.
For the 2nd fight with Alvarez he put on too much muscle mass to be stronger, but by doing that he lost his speed and pretty much hasn't been the same since them. Wear and tear + age are also a big factor.

He needs to learn how to fight with his hands up. Can't keep relying on his chin.

Girtz is a tough stylistic matchup for a lot of people. He only has big two-threes, but he's very good at landing them, and he's a powerful enough wrestler to make giving up one takedown lead to you losing the round. The fact that his punches were barely missing Chandler is a testament to his skill, not something about Chandler's quality. When you have moves you're very good at, you don't need much else to win.
Chandler knew all this extremely well, so he made sure to pick his strikes carefully and not open himself to any counters as best he can. He patiently waded into range, secured position to not eat a southpaw's left, and checked the lead hand of Girtz to land jabs. Considering his opponent's power and skill with basic southpaw weapons, that's a good strategy. It's like people were expecting Chandler to storm through Girtz like he did Rickels, and the fact that there were legit reasons he didn't is a non-issue.

He needs to learn how to fight with his hands up. Can't keep relying on his chin.

You have to keep your hands down to defend takedowns. There's a reason he never gets taken down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back