HL of my farewell fight

Lucas Coradini

Green Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Hi guys! Had my last fight these days, here are some of the best moments

Kid tried to avoid the fight as much as he could and ran a lot, but I managed to catch him a couple times, and outwork him in the clinch, so I got the UD.

The whole experience was kinda disappointing. Prior to this fight I was 3v 0d with two KO since dropping a weight class (one of them against the nº1 guy in the state), and was invited to fight for the belt of the most prestigious muaythai entity in our state, the state council, and that was the original plan, to take the belt and leave. Unfortunately I hurt my right foot in a previous fight, and further injured this time with a kick that landed bad, so I had to cancel the championship bout.

I wanted my retirement fight to be a barnburner, but it is what it is, and I acknowledge it is my fault too that it wasn't... and I'm glad I won!

I want to thank all the guys here that cheered for me since I started fighting professionally back in 2012, and all the guys that gave me amazing advice, @ssullivan80 @Cyclone Mike @Discipulus, between others, and especially @Sinister , who went on to be a great friend!

Hope you enjoy the clip!

Damn...why are you retiring so early in your career? Look like you landed some nice knees in the clinch there.

Congrats on going out on a win, although it sounds like it was a little un satisfying

Damn...why are you retiring so early in your career? Look like you landed some nice knees in the clinch there.
I'll go to another state to start college, and knowing myself I'll have to take it very very seriously. In other words, I'm kinda dumb hahah, and I'm not in contact with formal studies for longer than 10 years now, so it will be a tough start. After a while I'll surely resume training, but I'll not be able to train everyday, or more than once a day for like an hour if I have to work and study a lot... And I'll not fight without preparing accordingly. But I'm not fully closing the door either. Maybe I'll start competing more in jiu-jitsu, idk. But plans are overrated, so we'll have to wait and see

Congrats on going out on a win, although it sounds like it was a little un satisfying

Thanks man

Congrats bud. You were one of the good ones. Good luck with school

Good luck with your next phase of your life. One advice tho, don't stop stretching exercises. Even if its 10-15 min a day. If you decide one day to start again, condition, stamina, power, technique, those can all come back with training. But a good amount of flexibility can be lost for good if not worked regularly...

Very nice clinch work.

Respect!

Yeah, don't lose your conditioning, no matter what. Vini also stopped boxing at our Gym a long time ago, like over a year. But he visited a couple of weeks ago and was only 3lbs above his fighting weight and still had a 6-pack. So if he wanted to get back into it, he doesn't have to go through the "getting back in shape" phase. At least do that much for yourself.

I'll take a look at the vid when I can.

Congrats bud. You were one of the good ones. Good luck with school
Thanks a lot, man
Good luck with your next phase of your life. One advice tho, don't stop stretching exercises. Even if its 10-15 min a day. If you decide one day to start again, condition, stamina, power, technique, those can all come back with training. But a good amount of flexibility can be lost for good if not worked regularly...
I'll keep a somewhat active life style... I'm going to graduate in physical education. Thanks, man!
Very nice clinch work.

Respect!
Thanks, man! I'm actualy very proud of how far my clinch work has come. I posted two fights here a couple months ago where I was totally abused by superior clinchers haha

Yeah, don't lose your conditioning, no matter what. Vini also stopped boxing at our Gym a long time ago, like over a year. But he visited a couple of weeks ago and was only 3lbs above his fighting weight and still had a 6-pack. So if he wanted to get back into it, he doesn't have to go through the "getting back in shape" phase. At least do that much for yourself.

I'll take a look at the vid when I can.

yeah, and being a fat midget isn't on my plans... there will be tons of hollering to do so I have to look decent jajjaja

Good luck Lucas.......................

Aw man, sucks that you're retiring. Hope you come back to it one day, I'd give the same advice as Sinister and Arize. It's been great watching your fights dude! p4p best sherdogger for sure ;)

Good luck Lucas.......................
Thanks!
Aw man, sucks that you're retiring. Hope you come back to it one day, I'd give the same advice as Sinister and Arize. It's been great watching your fights dude! p4p best sherdogger for sure ;)
wow! Best compliment ever haha goint to add it in my curriculum! Thank you

Best wishes to you in school. You went out and did the damn thing. The ride doesn't last forever so we have to do the most with it while we can. I hope you continue to train people and spread the word of smart fighting.

Congrats and good luck!

Like a relentles demon in the clinch, good man! Finally got around to watching ^_^

Best of luck with your studies mate!

Well shit. I take a Sherdog break and come back to this?! I've got some catching up to do apparently.

Well shit. I take a Sherdog break and come back to this?! I've got some catching up to do apparently.

Hey man, I couldnt tag you on that opening post for whatever reason, but surely you gave me A LOT of good advice. Thank you so much, dude

Back