Hits on the ear dangerous?

Leg lock

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I was in training yesterday. I was sparring whit my instructor. And i ducked or somethin and got hit straight to the ear. Then i heard something like sounds of the ocean in my ear for about 2 hours. And still it feels that i dont hear as good from the ear that got punched. And it feels like when your airplane when you ears get locked. So are hits to the ear dangerous? Has this happened to anyone else?

Never hapened to me... Don't think it's that dangerous... Was it light sparring, or was your instructor applying some force in his moves?

He might have popped your eardrum

It wasnt full force but the hit was perfect. It hit directly to the ear. Just medium sparring i would say. I dont think it is dangerous. And i think this my problems whit hearing things will pass. Just thinking what if the hit would have been full force. Could strong hit to the ear damage ear permanetly?

If it keeps happening then see a doctor man, cos a burst ear drum is pretty serious, wouldn't worry too much if it was a one off tho, its happened to me a couple of times in the past, its just like ur ears popping really bad. But if it isnt going away then it might be more serious

It wasnt full force but the hit was perfect. It hit directly to the ear. Just medium sparring i would say. I dont think it is dangerous. And i think this my problems whit hearing things will pass. Just thinking what if the hit would have been full force. Could strong hit to the ear damage ear permanetly?

Sounds like a burst ear drum then. Your ear drum can puncture if your hit directly on your ear because the air pushed in by the glove has no openings to escape out of, so it puts pressure on the inside of your ear.

If you are suffering from Naus/vomiting/ balance/ dizziness you should go see a provider. Potentially ruptured your TM. and it could be the start of Califlower ear...

Back