"Hispanic workers upset after being fired for absence on Day W/O Immigrants

Stability is required for progress.

Much like a company an employee has to waste time and money insuring against loss of income which creates a drag on society and discourages investment.

I am sure you realise this is the case for business but do you really think these same advantages don't apply to people?

The costs of this security are minimal compared to the benefits, of course the company wants to have all the power in such discussions but as has clearly been proven this doesn't benefit the wider society.

It seems like many people believe that if you erode workrs rights far enough things will improve for the worker, but it doesnt, nor does it benefit society or the wider business community.

Would find it harder to run your business if your suppilers and contracts could just unilateraly end your agreements at any point in time?
Or perhaps would you find it easier if that wasn't the case?

Business owners just like employees get significant reward from security, lack of security discourgaes investment and limits growth/progress.

Lol this has nothing to do with workers right. You don't have the right to be a shitbag employee. You don't the employer has rights at all?

That's life. If you plan on doing anything not associated with work, ask for permission. Otherwise, you can justly be canned for job abandonment.

Actually that isn't true.

Most illegals have fake social security numbers..They get paid in checks and even have bank accounts...They get money taken away from each check they get....Yet most of them will never get Social Security or any other of those benefits.

I agree Americans are the one's hiring them, but they do pay them with checks
It is definitely true. You think all those illegals waiting outside home depot are getting payroll checks? Come on now.

Which group of people do you think will be happier, more satisfied, and simply more pleasant to be around: One that's underpaid, overworked, with low employment security, always afraid of getting fired.

Or one that has high work security, decent pay, fair vacations, good benefits.

The former is much more common in the US. That's basically 90% of service workers.

This is a tough sell when youre talking to people that did these same jobs in their teens for even less money and they consider them the easiest jobs they ever had.

Once again, the right wing pussies can't understand why this is wrong..............It depends on the situation.

A lot of people can skip work, and not get fired. I don't know what shitty jobs, you people have, but most jobs do give you the opportunity to skip work...Sorry but that's how it is.

The thing here is, that these Employers are obviously Trump Supporters....So anybody who didn't work on that day, they got pissed off because of the message they were trying to portray thus it lead to the outrage...........Trust me if any of these workers hadn't gone to work any other day, the employers wouldn't give a fuck, because people miss work once in a while.

So please stop this fake outrage of "OMG no shit you get fired from not going to work".....No you don't motherfuckers, in most jobs, you get a simple warning and the bosses usually understand...So STFU with your bullshit, these firings were 100% politically motivated, had nothing to do with work.
people that have solid jobs w/ benefits, yes. won't get fired for missing a day

the types of jobs held by those likely to attend such an event? f no, not even close. Do what your rank can back up, IOW. If your level of keep earning is so easy to replace, than no, you shouldn't EVER be skipping work w/o requesting it off

What country do you live in? Missing work for a bullshit reason is enough to get you fired in any country I've worked in.

Australia.

Its pretty much a 3 strikes rule unless on probation.
1 verbal warning, 1 written, gone.

Saves bosses being able to fire people for political views well not totally but helps.

Lol this has nothing to do with workers right. You don't have the right to be a shitbag employee. You don't the employer has rights at all?

Pfft it has everything to do with it.

You don't understand because such rights have been eroded in America but its actually pretty common to have some level of protection from employers firing people for a single non serious misdemeanour like missing a single day.

You do it a few times of course you get canned.
The employer has massive rights wtf you on about.

Australia.

Its pretty much a 3 strikes rule unless on probation.
1 verbal warning, 1 written, gone.

Saves bosses being able to fire people for political views well not totally but helps.
Maybe 2 strikes at most here. I work on oil rigs and I would definitely get fired if I just decided to stay home one day without good reason.

1 day absence can get you fired.

Fucking great country you got there.
Yeah...if you and 12 of your cousins decide to one day not show up for work...try pulling that shit up where the company will lose money because pretty much all operation will be put on halt meaning no service meaning no revenue....

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...er-being-fired-absence-day-without-immigrants

Somebody call the whaaambulance. I guess the snowflakes didn't think they would have to put anything up in defense of their principles. This is the same thinking that led them to flee their own country instead of sticking around to make it better. What kind of moron invades another country illegally and then starts telling its host what to do? Better question - what kind of moron lets them get away with it....

320c6aff5dfdb68e_a.gif

ppl don't understand that this was a DIRECT ATTACK on small business owners.

all this did was let some mexicans watch telemundo for a day, while their bosses had to scramble to fill in positions or just SUCK IT UP and eat an ENTIRE days lost profits.

So fuck it, fire them.

If they wish to make a political statement that will have absolutely no good come of it, at the expense of their own livelihood, they aren't the brightest folks working there. Good riddance.

I feel for some of their families though. They have to suffer because of their dumb ass relatives

I mean has anyone run a small business? you don't EVER want to be beholden to your work staff.

Sure, you let them get away with things or a lot of things, let them take an extra 15min break on friday, who cares.

ignore them calling you a shitty boss from within an earshot, it's what workers do.

BUT, HOWEVER, when workers think they can mobilize and effectively cause a MUTINY, you shut that shit down, YOU show them who is boss, YOU show them who THEY work for (or don't).

and these immigrants (illegal or otherwise) made it entirely clear that, they do NOT give a shit about YOUR business and ONLY care about THEIR paycheck.

Again, this was PURPOSEFULLY done to HURT the small business owner, on a short month (feb) where you CANNOT make up the lost profits.

Pfft it has everything to do with it.

You don't understand because such rights have been eroded in America but its actually pretty common to have some level of protection from employers firing people for a single non serious misdemeanour like missing a single day.

You do it a few times of course you get canned.
The employer has massive rights wtf you on about.

Rights have been eroded? A person doesn't have the right to no call no show to a job and still keep that job. That's not a universal right.

It is definitely true. You think all those illegals waiting outside home depot are getting payroll checks? Come on now.
Most illegals aren't sitting outside Home Depot...You are delusional, if you think most illegals do that, they clearly don't.

Rights have been eroded? A person doesn't have the right to no call no show to a job and still keep that job. That's not a universal right.

I am talking about summary dismissal.

I personally am glad i have the security to know if i fuck up i will be given another chance. Maybe some people work better with the stress if knowing they could be unemployed for a single fuck up, but that's not how most people are built.

Back