"Hispanic workers upset after being fired for absence on Day W/O Immigrants

Being late or leaving early is one thing, missing an entire shift for voting is excessive at best.
Agreed,I think by law we have to give them day off if they want it though...
But I have yet to have someone try that with me...if so,I'd of course let them do it but I'd probably wait a couple weeks(as to not seem vindictive)then can them.

You have to be an idiot to skip work from a restaurant job. It's not a desk job where work can be realistically postponed a day. The food orders are coming in and need to be made, you bet the people who did show up had a terrible, stressful day.
I'm assuming this is fake tbh

As for the topic, if they're here illegally it was a dumb move on their part. But if legal immigrants got fired over this one thing I'd say it's a bit shitty. Most places write you up after a no-call no-show rather than immediate termination. That's been my experience anyway.
news station says kosher
http://ktul.com/news/local/catoosa-...-for-not-showing-up-on-day-without-immigrants

But on the topic of firing..also here in Cali..

I can fire some one ten minutes after hiring them..no reason,no notice.
And we are union :)

I have no issues with that. Our rule is 3 months standard but upto 6 months you can walk anyone for any reason.

Agreed,I think by law we have to give them day off if they want it though...
But I have yet to have someone try that with me...if so,I'd of course let them do it but I'd probably wait a couple weeks(as to not seem vindictive)then can them.

What a country.

What a country.
I didn't make the rules,I Have a schedule/contract to uphold..that's my job. no ones saying they can't get the time they need To vote(readmy earlier post,were i commended my guys for voting and let them go early to do that).. but here it takes 30 minutes at best to vote ,so if your wanting a whole day off ,your just milking it,which is great if there isn't deadlines and schedules,but sadly that's the reality of construction.

I'm sure my guys will be alright, we work 6-2pm everyday..mon-fri..paid holidays and pension/benefits so we aren't talking about slave labor here.

Not to mention how it fucks over everyone else who works with the ass that decided not to come to work.
or just made the store close and loose out on hundreds of dollars and lost customer confidence and inventory issues, Feburary is also a "short" month too, not like there's enough "days' to make up income.

1 day absence can get you fired.

Fucking great country you got there.

I have 19 employees and i don't give gold stars out for showing up everyday on time.

I give walking papers for no call, no shows regardless of ethnic background. Its called running a business.

if they had good morals they should have at least informed their boss ahead of time they would not be coming in. I mean to intentionally not show up without calling in is slapping the company in the face. thats the thing i dont get with these protests, they are hurting people who arent even involved in the issue at hand. Its like "immigrants are important, so fuck my job that will show them" or the buisinesses that closed down are saying "yeah fuck our customers" or when the taxis closed up shop for an hour "fuck donald trump, lets take it out on people who fly"

There was a dude who made a post online who apparently ran a few maccas, he fired all the staff that didn't roster time off and said he was putting out ads and the word for vets to come and apply.

He also said most of his Hispanic workers came in to work, it was middle eastern workers and blacks who took the day off. I guess illegal or not, Hispanics at least got that work ethic. Gotta give them credit for that.

Arabs don't know what work is

Last edited:
Uhhh..... Thats the risk of a not working protest. Same risk as a strike really.

They got fired for violating policy, which they could have avoided, not for protesting, which makes this not the least bithe political discussion.

"by Tyler Durden"

Sweet legit news site btw

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/bac6368a-00df-3b75-9acb-23819cdbe147/dozens-fired-after-skipping.html

Here's more. Dozens of people being fired. Looks like they aren't as needed as they think. Again, their actions are having the complete opposite affects. They wanted the world to know how important they are to the economy and yet they are being fired. The world is saying they aren't as important or needed as they think. God I'm loving this and the message it sends. Fukem. Send them back to Mexico.

lmao at this idiot "fired for practicing their first amendment right" hahaha guess it's my right to skip work whenever da fuk i want.

this guy gets it.

A business has every right to do so. What's wrong with a business setting it's own rules?

Stability is required for progress.

Much like a company an employee has to waste time and money insuring against loss of income which creates a drag on society and discourages investment.

I am sure you realise this is the case for business but do you really think these same advantages don't apply to people?

The costs of this security are minimal compared to the benefits, of course the company wants to have all the power in such discussions but as has clearly been proven this doesn't benefit the wider society.

It seems like many people believe that if you erode workrs rights far enough things will improve for the worker, but it doesnt, nor does it benefit society or the wider business community.

I have 19 employees and i don't give gold stars out for showing up everyday on time.

I give walking papers for no call, no shows regardless of ethnic background. Its called running a business.

Would find it harder to run your business if your suppilers and contracts could just unilateraly end your agreements at any point in time?
Or perhaps would you find it easier if that wasn't the case?

Business owners just like employees get significant reward from security, lack of security discourgaes investment and limits growth/progress.

Wow I can't believe it...

Getting fired for skipping work. What is this country coming to?!??!

Not really. Many illegals are being paid under the table.

uhh.. that's the point.

We AMERICANS are hiring them off the table. If we didn't hire them they'd have less incentive to come here.

Once again, the right wing pussies can't understand why this is wrong..............It depends on the situation.

A lot of people can skip work, and not get fired. I don't know what shitty jobs, you people have, but most jobs do give you the opportunity to skip work...Sorry but that's how it is.

The thing here is, that these Employers are obviously Trump Supporters....So anybody who didn't work on that day, they got pissed off because of the message they were trying to portray thus it lead to the outrage...........Trust me if any of these workers hadn't gone to work any other day, the employers wouldn't give a fuck, because people miss work once in a while.

So please stop this fake outrage of "OMG no shit you get fired from not going to work".....No you don't motherfuckers, in most jobs, you get a simple warning and the bosses usually understand...So STFU with your bullshit, these firings were 100% politically motivated, had nothing to do with work.

uhh.. that's the point.

We AMERICANS are hiring them off the table. If we didn't hire them they'd have less incentive to come here.
Not really. Many illegals are being paid under the table.

Actually that isn't true.

Most illegals have fake social security numbers..They get paid in checks and even have bank accounts...They get money taken away from each check they get....Yet most of them will never get Social Security or any other of those benefits.

I agree Americans are the one's hiring them, but they do pay them with checks

Back