"Hispanic workers upset after being fired for absence on Day W/O Immigrants

I am talking about summary dismissal.

I personally am glad i have the security to know if i fuck up i will be given another chance. Maybe some people work better with the stress if knowing they could be unemployed for a single fuck up, but that's not how most people are built.

Holy shit you sound like a little kid. Your actions have consequences. Do you not know that by now? This is how you learn and grow. And no call no showing isn't small forgivable offense. Any mature adult should know better.

Holy shit you sound like a little kid. Your actions have consequences. Do you not know that by now? This is how you learn and grow. And no call no showing isn't small forgivable offense. Any mature adult should know better.

Of course they have consequences.

Are you suggesting employees being able to get fired without notice for a single non serious indiscretion doesn't also have consequences?

Personally the best reason not to do shit like that is lack of career progression.

Are you suggesting employees being able to get fired without notice for a single non serious indiscretion doesn't also have consequences?

Personally the best reason not to do shit like that is lack of career progression.

Yes it does have consequences. Consequences being, you don't have a lazy entitled shitbag working at your business anymore. An employer has the right fire anyone at anytime for any reason so long as it doesn't fall with any equal opportunity laws.

Yes it does have consequences. Consequences being, you don't have a lazy entitled shitbag working at your business anymore. An employer has the right fire anyone at anytime for any reason so long as it doesn't fall with any equal opportunity laws.

I know the American employer has that right which is the basis of my what a country comment.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...er-being-fired-absence-day-without-immigrants

Somebody call the whaaambulance. I guess the snowflakes didn't think they would have to put anything up in defense of their principles. This is the same thinking that led them to flee their own country instead of sticking around to make it better. What kind of moron invades another country illegally and then starts telling its host what to do? Better question - what kind of moron lets them get away with it....

Shit is so funny to me.

Stability is required for progress.

Much like a company an employee has to waste time and money insuring against loss of income which creates a drag on society and discourages investment.

I am sure you realise this is the case for business but do you really think these same advantages don't apply to people?

The costs of this security are minimal compared to the benefits, of course the company wants to have all the power in such discussions but as has clearly been proven this doesn't benefit the wider society.

It seems like many people believe that if you erode workrs rights far enough things will improve for the worker, but it doesnt, nor does it benefit society or the wider business community.

Would find it harder to run your business if your suppilers and contracts could just unilateraly end your agreements at any point in time?
Or perhaps would you find it easier if that wasn't the case?

Business owners just like employees get significant reward from security, lack of security discourgaes investment and limits growth/progress.

Its about setting a precedence.

Fear is a poor motivational tool.

So i should let employees come and go whenever they feel like it? No call/no shows?

I get the sense someone who has no experience in running an independent business is trying to give me advice.

no call-no show is one of the biggest no no's in the US. You'd be much better off doing something bad on the job in most cases.

Who knew that no-showing your employer could have consequences?

So i should let employees come and go whenever they feel like it? No call/no shows?

I get the sense someone who has no experience in running an independent business is trying to give me advice.

Oh no im sure you can make it work to your advantage its just shit for your society as a whole. Please remember i poked fun at the country not the employers.

A government for the people seems rather hollow imo. Business is a tool to help the people and not an end goal. Seems many forget that.

Back