Elections Former Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton: The Electoral College "Needs To Be Eliminated"

I like the electoral college more than the popular vote. I really think voting should be based on how much land you own though.
The president should reflect the minds of the majority and then make adjustments to the minority.

If most people live in coastal cities then that shows that moat people want to live within that lifestyle.

By default the electoral college proves the government isnt for the people.

Says the guy with no substantive points, and nothing but insults. I'd love to see a popular vote instead because I think it's more Democratic, and doesn't endanger our Constitutional Republic in any way. In fact, it would lead to more involvement from everyone, and a better representation of the will of the American people.

I just gave you a good reason..twice. Your libtard brain just doesn't understand it because you've been CNN'd.

Because the issues and porblems facing a new yorker or californian do not reflect as the same as those that live in the other 90 percent of the United States.

Why should people who live in cities be relegated to being second-class citizens? And if you think they should what makes you think they would want to go along with that or should go along with that?

So fucking california and new york will determine the out come of all presidential elections from now on?

Fuck that.
Are you openly saying there are more liberals in the country than conservatives, and that liberal votes need to be weighted??? Imagine liberals advocating the opposite and your corresponding outrage

Are you openly saying there are more liberals in the country than conservatives, and that liberal votes need to be weighted??? Imagine liberals advocating the opposite and your corresponding outrage

No that's what you are saying.

Look at the votes from the last election in terms of square feet. This why I'm fine with the electoral college. Densely populated cities tend to live in a bubble of self importance. They shouldn't get to decide for rest of the country.

2016%20map_zpsm4ljt5h6.jpeg
The problem with that map is that its just eye candy for republicans.

Just because you live in a large area where people are spread out doesnt justify keeping the electoral college system.

2 votes from 2 houses 3ft apart is no less a vote than 2 houses 2 miles apart.

Just because you live in a large area where people are spread out doesnt justify keeping the electoral college system.

The problem with that map, is it shows liberals that most of America doesn't agree with their ideas.

Honestly, if republicans in Cali and ny etc, actually voted, the pop vote would be completely different.

Also, this is a complete waste of time, because the electoral college isn't going anywhere.

The problem with that map, is it shows liberals that most of America doesn't agree with their ideas.

Honestly, if republicans in Cali and ny etc, actually voted, the pop vote would be completely different.

Also, this is a complete waste of time, because the electoral college isn't going anywhere.
How is this true if hillary won the popular vote.

The map shows people who live more spread out voted.

No that's what you are saying.
I am saying one vote should equal one vote, regardless of political affiliation, and regardless of what state you live in. That's exactly, and all that I am saying.

Of course she doesn't like the EC she like a lot of the left don't think the fly over and southern states should get to elect a president. The only people that count are the liberals in the urban areas. The rest per her party are despicable and they cling to their bibles and guns.

How is this true if hillary won the popular vote.

The map shows people who live more spread out voted.

Because in ny, shit loads of people don't vote, because we know it doesn't matter.

I use ny as an example because NYC, and the rest of the state are as different as can be.

Also, if you think the pop vote is a good idea, just look at NY. They take everything and screw upstate over at every turn.

The president should reflect the minds of the majority and then make adjustments to the minority.

If most people live in coastal cities then that shows that moat people want to live within that lifestyle.

the electoral college gives the power by state, instead of individually.

the population vote would mean you only need to get cali and new york. that means the entire fate of the US is confined to 2 urban metropolises and the rest of the country is left in the dust with no chance.

at least in the electoral college, you have to most likely win more states than your opponent. Trump had less votes but he won more states.

As if it matters though. HIllary knew how the election worked. She new the rules and she new how to win this election. Shes lost, get over it.

she screwed over bernie sanders who should have been the candidate and karma is a bitch and she got what she deserved.

Clinton won the 2016 popular vote by nearly 3 million votes, a fact she routinely brings up in her new memoir.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/13/polit...son-cooper-electoral-college-cnntv/index.html

California "voted" for Hillary. California is massive. How many Republicans stayed home on election day knowing that Hillary was going to win that state anyway?

Illinois "voted" for Hillary. Illinois is a very large state. How many Republicans stayed home on election day knowing that Hillary was going to win that state anyway?

New York "voted" for Hillary. New York is a very large state. How many Republicans stayed home on election day knowing that Hillary was going to win that state anyway?

Because in ny, shit loads of people don't vote, because we know it doesn't matter.

I use ny as an example because NYC, and the rest of the state are as different as can be.

Also, if you think the pop vote is a good idea, just look at NY. They take everything and screw upstate over at every turn.
That argument cuts both ways. Fewer liberal voters bother in liberal states because they're going to win anyways. Turnout is depressed on both sides. And you get the same issue in both states. (Your example is particularly foolish because voter turnout was higher outside NYC than in it, and hillary and Trump were pretty much even in upstate NY).

The electoral college will commit suicide by shooting in the back of the head

I wonder if Hillary has contacted her Representative and 2 Senators about it.

How so? Coastal regions should vote for coastal matters and concerns. Same for landlocked and mountainous etc. I don't want people from Appalachia voting for issues in Louisiana. That makes no sense

That argument cuts both ways. Fewer liberal voters bother in liberal states because they're going to win anyways. Turnout is depressed on both sides. And you get the same issue in both states. (Your example is particularly foolish because voter turnout was higher outside NYC than in it, and hillary and Trump were pretty much even in upstate NY).

Upstate also has Albany, a democratic shithole. Outside of the large cities, it's pretty red.

Buffalo, Rochester, etc.

And we still get fucked over by the city.

1. I'm not a republican

2. The United States is a huge culturally diverse country, places like New York City and L.A. that don't even collectively make up 1000 square miles, shouldn't get to decide what the rest of the very diverse 3 million square miles of the U.S. should do.

Back