Hilarious how some people use the Mendes fight as the deciding factor for Khabib

Two reasons.

1) McGregor tore his ACL a couple weeks before the fight. For all you tubby lards, this is as serious knee injury as it gets, you lose all stability on that knee. Generally takes 12 months of proper rehab and training and it never really is the same. This is a significant factor in why mendes could take conor down.

2) This one is very important. McGregors game has changed quite a bit since that fight, he is nowhere near the same fighter and has completely refined his game (cheers diaz).

Output has decreased quite a bit, no more balls to the wall with a variety of strikes, he picks shots and uses the same ones over and over and throws a spin kick sparingly. Conors abiltiy to adapt to his strengths has been remarkable and his TDD has improved by a mile as proven in the alvarez fight (Inb4 retard haters bring up Diaz fight while not realising conors style has also changed afterthe diaz fights, now adding COMBOS to his crisp punches as well).

Conor is going to crack khabib with his superior striking and its gonna get nasty early. Khabib may survive but given how rudimentary his standup is khabib will likely panic and shoot from the hip.

TLDR

Healthy, refined game conor is nowhere near the same fighter as he was against Mendes and drawing conclusions from that fight is STUPID

Forgot to mention that mendes came off the couch with 2 week noticed and was out of shape badly.

So his torn acl let chad take him down 3x in round 1. Or in round 2 where mendez could have kept him down whole round had he not gambled on the guillotine. Even with a super healed.. Above average acl. He will get taken down easily. Mendez is tiny compared to khabib. Mendez has less types of takedowns and techniques than khabib by far. Do u think khabib at aka isnt on a team that can help him exploit conor even more than mendez did.? Sure a patially torn mcl was a factor, but mot as much as no camp was for. Mendez. Conor still threw all kinds of kicks vs chad, so didnt seem to effect him that much. I think the threat of khabib taking him down changes conor style far more than mendez did. He knew mendez would gas, everyone did.

^^^
This 100%...this guy knows
Same injury happened to me, not skiing though during BJJ. There is no way in hell Conor could have been moving around that well in a fight with an ACL tear.
Also 808? Hawaii?
Yep. But I live in Japan now.

1.Mended took the fight on short notice, and look what he did to your hero.

2.Khabib is light years away in grapplingcompared to Mended.

3.Khabib's ground and pound can be traumatizing, comparable to Fedor and Velasquez IMO.

4.He possessed a suffocating style of grappling that sucks out the oxygen in you.

5.Conor is a grappling dummy, his only chance is to make this a stand up fight.

Lol why you Colin fans try justify his shit performance against mini 2 week Mendes is beyond me. If the ACL was as bad as you fanboys made it out to be he wouldn't have been cleared to fight.

Just because he didn't KO Mendes in the 1st exchange doesn't mean he had trouble because of said tore ACL that came up AFTER the shit performance.

Excuses my son, Mendes owned Colin that fight. Deal with It.
Mendes owned him? Are you stupid? Or did you mean to say mendes won the first round?

ROFL. Manlet Mendes tagged Conor and took him down easily. Diaz even took Conor down...

And have you even watched Khabib fight? What he's done to people and how good his wrestling is?

You're stupid if you can't see why people are picking Khabib to win. Conor can certainly win by KO, but you have to be straight retarded to think Conor will stuff Khabib's takedowns. Conor can circle out to make Khabib miss the shot, but if Khabib gets a good hold on him, Conor won't be stopping shit.

Typical delusional trash Conor fan. You think because Conor stuffed a couple of Eddies takedowns that he's going to stop Khabib... MMA fans are total shit these days.
You are the stupid one who doesnt understand the premise of this thread and you dont even know my opinion on the outcome of the fight. Lmao

Khabibs not gonna strike with him...

First punch he blocks or Conor misses he's gonna get a clinch and force the takedown.

Good points. Another good point is.....guys get better. I doubt Conor is the same guy he was in the Mendes fight. And another good point is.....Khabib is bigger, stronger, and has a different style than Mendes so it's not a fair comparison. It's like comparing Pettis to Anderson just because they're both strikers. Different styles. Different weight classes.

I'm all for supporting your fighter. But I don't know how anyone can be absolutely certain about this fight. Conor never fought a wrestler like Khabib. Khabib never fought a striker like Conor. It's going to come down to who can impose their will.
Explain where is said i was certain about this fight. Please explain. A lot if people in here are acting like i said conor will destroy khabib when i havent said it once.

Two reasons.

1) McGregor tore his ACL a couple weeks before the fight. For all you tubby lards, this is as serious knee injury as it gets, you lose all stability on that knee. Generally takes 12 months of proper rehab and training and it never really is the same. This is a significant factor in why mendes could take conor down.

This is absolutely false.

Kavanagh was on the MMAHour immediately after the Mendes fight, and he told Helwani that Conor damaged his ACL earlier in the camp, but was "100%" 3 weeks out from the fight. That's more time than Mendes had to get ready. Conor was lying about it being 80% torn, for obvious reasons. Kavanagh had no reason to lie, and clearly is better informed than anyone.

I've repeated this fact a number of times in the past week, but the billshit continues.. I'm going to do you Sherdorks a service make a thread when I have the time, with a timestamped link to the vid with Kavanagh's quote.

My only problem with Conor winning is it means he will hold the best hostage for another 2 years

Dude, having a bjj black belt doesn't mean you can wrestle. One of the best guys at the last desert quest I was at is a wrestler who barely trains in bjj yet he's submitted countless "black belts". Wrestling > bjj when it comes to mma look what happens to the Diaz brothers when fighting wrestlers and they're highly decorated black belts. Granted Conor's got some skills but I don't see him out scrambling or wrestling out of anything Khabib's shown.

Conor is going to be completely "stuck in the mud" if Khabib gets him down. They are completely different levels of grapplers.

Its going to be extremely ugly.

Props to Conor for taking this fight because the way I visualize it going is terrible for Conor.

Two reasons.

2) This one is very important. McGregors game has changed quite a bit since that fight, he is nowhere near the same fighter and has completely refined his game (cheers diaz).

Output has decreased quite a bit, no more balls to the wall with a variety of strikes, he picks shots and uses the same ones over and over and throws a spin kick sparingly. Conors abiltiy to adapt to his strengths has been remarkable and his TDD has improved by a mile as proven in the alvarez fight (Inb4 retard haters bring up Diaz fight while not realising conors style has also changed afterthe diaz fights, now adding COMBOS to his crisp punches as well).

Conor is going to crack khabib with his superior striking and its gonna get nasty early. Khabib may survive but given how rudimentary his standup is khabib will likely panic and shoot from the hip.

TLDR

Healthy, refined game conor is nowhere near the same fighter as he was against Mendes and drawing conclusions from that fight is STUPID

How much will you bet on McG ?

Back