Hilarious how some people use the Mendes fight as the deciding factor for Khabib

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by The Witcher, Aug 10, 2018.

1. ArtOfDrowning

ArtOfDrowning Lecter Belt

How many of these Mendes vs Conor threads are we gonna get? For fuck sake.

2. Airdack

Airdack Tiramisu can't melt steel pipes.

He got choked out by a ceaser gracie black belt with most submission wins in the ufc behind royce gracie.......

I think its time to hand in that sherdog black belt and go back to the basics.

markg171 and Somethindarker like this.
  3. Portland8242

Portland8242 Blue Belt

The more and more I think about it the more and more I realize how very aware Khabib is about the huge discrepancy in striking between him and Connor. He may be a 26-0 champ, but he's not delusional.

Khabib's going to come out with some curveballs in the first round.

4. PopeUrbanII

PopeUrbanII Blue Belt

I presented facts that all your guys are not even in the top 5 except one of them and all Conor's are. You got owend but can't admit it, grow up kiddo.

5. bambammccoy

bambammccoy Red Belt

While Conor's injury affected his efficiency in the Mendes fight no doubt, you are a bit off with the details.

It wasn't a full ACL tear, full tears take 9 to 12 months. There are different magnitudes of ACL tears.

He also didn't just get no treatment. He got stem cell injections for a temporary fix until he got surgery.

I agree with your second point, Conor has defintely improved every aspect of his grappling since then.

I still think Khabib beats him.

The Witcher likes this.
  6. SKITZADACTYL

SKITZADACTYL Gold Belt

mendes is also like 3 x faster and more explosive than khabib, obviously khabib's size kind of evens that out though.

7. Somethindarker

Somethindarker Orange Belt

Funny how selective you memory is. Most of Khabib's last 10 fighters were all top level competition AT THE TIME they fought so I don't know what the fuck you're on about, Conor fought Siver who's literally a nobody to get a shot at Aldo who he starched with a lucky punch. Then he fought Diaz a journeyman career fringe top 10 twice and arguably lost both times and was squeezed in to fight Alvarez who's just as overhyped as he is. Also it's funny someone who uses "owned" calling me "kiddo". Grow up.

8. markg171

markg171 Silver Belt

Mendes has 100% TDD, is an All-American who has never been outgrappled in MMA, and beat the extremely highly decorated Jeff Glover by submission in submission grappling. People have been downplaying the shit out of Mendes' grappling since Conor/Khabib was announced. Wonder why that is?

If Mendes fought Khabib it would probably more look like the Tibau fight. Except unlike Tibau Mendes is a great striker with big power.

9. HHJ

HHJ Plutonium Belt

Khabib is better than 2 weeks Mendes.

datsyuk likes this.
  10. LockardTheGOAT

LockardTheGOAT Sherdog's Intellectual Savior

lol Says a lot when the only thing to give Khabib fans hope is a fight three years ago that Conor managed to finish in two rounds.

Who cares how easily or how often Mendes took McGregor down when he still got knocked out in under three rounds like most everyone else?

The Witcher and markg171 like this.
  11. Somethindarker

Somethindarker Orange Belt

Considering how rarely Conor fights and choosy he is on opponents there isn't alot to go on. There's the Aldo fight which was quick and we didn't see anything. The Diaz fights of course, Alvarez and Mendes. That's it Siver was a mismatch and the Holloway and Poirer fights were so long ago I doubt they're relevant at all for all of them.

12. Cat Biscuits

Cat Biscuits Brown Belt

ROFL. Manlet Mendes tagged Conor and took him down easily. Diaz even took Conor down...

And have you even watched Khabib fight? What he's done to people and how good his wrestling is?

You're stupid if you can't see why people are picking Khabib to win. Conor can certainly win by KO, but you have to be straight retarded to think Conor will stuff Khabib's takedowns. Conor can circle out to make Khabib miss the shot, but if Khabib gets a good hold on him, Conor won't be stopping shit.

Typical delusional trash Conor fan. You think because Conor stuffed a couple of Eddies takedowns that he's going to stop Khabib... MMA fans are total shit these days.

Somethindarker likes this.
  13. XxanaxX

XxanaxX Purple Belt

Not going to argue your other stupid points, but would he have been cleared to fight by the physician with a torn ACL?

datsyuk likes this.
  14. dmwalking

dmwalking Sapateiro Belt

Boring decision machine? The guy is one of the most violent fighters in the game. Sure he goes to decision, but not before dishing out lopsided beat downs. Cain also decisioned a bunch of fighters. Was he a boring decision machine? Cmon. Be realistic.

datsyuk likes this.
  15. datsyuk

datsyuk Purple Belt

Great analysis. Now how about you stop and just wait for the fight to unfold.

We will see first hand just how much Conor's TDD has improved, because you can bet your balls Khabib is putting them hands around his waist.

The Witcher and dmwalking like this.
  16. dmwalking

dmwalking Sapateiro Belt

Good points. Another good point is.....guys get better. I doubt Conor is the same guy he was in the Mendes fight. And another good point is.....Khabib is bigger, stronger, and has a different style than Mendes so it's not a fair comparison. It's like comparing Pettis to Anderson just because they're both strikers. Different styles. Different weight classes.

I'm all for supporting your fighter. But I don't know how anyone can be absolutely certain about this fight. Conor never fought a wrestler like Khabib. Khabib never fought a striker like Conor. It's going to come down to who can impose their will.

17. moreorless87

moreorless87 First In The Phone Book

Big problem though is Mendes has never really been that dangerous ontop.

18. datsyuk

datsyuk Purple Belt

Yea, because short notice Mendes gassed after the first round. Khabib doesn't gas.

Man, I really love you Conor fans completely overlooking Khabib. Gonna be fun to watch.

19. TriangleMonkey

TriangleMonkey Brown Belt

The MMA capital of the world, the Midwest
    Im not down playing Mendes’s skill one bit, just clearly stating that I believe Khabib would make Mendes look bad in that department. Also believe Khabib would beat Glover as well, Glover can make FW and is nowhere near as strong as Mendes or Khabib.

And if Tibau shared the cage with Mendes its not like Chad would have a better performance, shit he could lose that one.

20. LockardTheGOAT

LockardTheGOAT Sherdog's Intellectual Savior

He might if he received the same kicks to the body that Mendes did from Conor.

Bobbybackpack likes this.