Hilarious how some people use the Mendes fight as the deciding factor for Khabib

Oh we’re going by the first Diaz fight? To answer your question his game PLAN changed. There were no radical changes in his game. He didn’t wanna gas again so he threw less. And threw more kicks like everyone assumed he would the first fight. Great job refining your game Conor.
Less strikes but more meaningful ones
Defensive shoulder roll
Combos when punching
Use of JAB
Way less spinning shit
Better set ups for counters, pokes the head out more a la overeem
Punishes body with teep

I give khabib 60 percent chance winning so your little assessment here is wrong.

Blank statements... can you ellaborate on this please? Glad to see you're in agreeance that conor has evolved though, you agree with the purpose of the thread.

Im also glad you bring up the point about the layoff which is a fair point. We do not know how high his mma level will he given ring rust may be a factor.

But you merely points out Conor evolved and he was injured and then act like Mendes fight should be ignored or disconsidered when it is obviously a ridiculous point.

You fail to acknowledge that Mendes was far from 100% as well (No camp).
You fail to acknowledge that Mendes would be far more dangerous if he had a full camp
And you fail to acknowledge that Khabib is far bigger and more dangerous than Mendes in grappling game (though Mendes might be better overall).

My point was simple: Nothing is as simple. Nothing should be blatantly ignored or dismissed.
Both guys can win and their path to victory is simple: impose their will.

If Conor can catch Khabib like he did Aldo or Eddie, he can win.
But if he fails, he is in for a very bad night, and he might give up faster than he did against Nate.

But you merely points out Conor evolved and he was injured and then act like Mendes fight should be ignored or disconsidered when it is obviously a ridiculous point.

You fail to acknowledge that Mendes was far from 100% as well (No camp).
You fail to acknowledge that Mendes would be far more dangerous if he had a full camp
And you fail to acknowledge that Khabib is far bigger and more dangerous than Mendes in grappling game (though Mendes might be better overall).

My point was simple: Nothing is as simple. Nothing should be blatantly ignored or dismissed.
Both guys can win and their path to victory is simple: impose their will.

If Conor can catch Khabib like he did Aldo or Eddie, he can win.
But if he fails, he is in for a very bad night, and he might give up faster than he did against Nate.
The point of this thread is for the people using the mendes fight as the deciding factor in the khabib fight.

The arguement is, because mendes took conor down khabib will as well. I counter this by saying the two reasons listed.

You slightly went off course but i feel like i was respectful in response to you.

There is nothing to add because you implied conor faked a knee injury

{<jordan}
I implied no such thing. I said he didn't have a torn acl going into the fight and that he's known to embellish things and naive people eat that shit up. The UFC doctor would not let him fight with an ACL injury. You can't put "injections" in and still move around like he did. You can't hide a torn ACL from a trained doctor. If you were a real athlete, trained medical professional or even tore your own ACL you'd know. At worst he had a slight bruise, no different that rolling your ankle and walking on it the next day.

Also Conor's been taken down ALOT and we haven't seen him evolve his TDD, he's gotten more elusive and conservative with his stamina but that's about it. Do I think he can evade Khabib? Sure. For the entire fight? Nope. Can he knock out Khabib? Maybe the only evidence is circumstantial since Alvarez has always been chinny and I'm 60% sure he was paid by the UFC to take a dive or at least not go for takedowns in the first and second. Now on that same token, can Khabib take Conor down? Definately. Can he keep him there? From the evidence of Mendes and Diaz, 100%. All Khabib needs is to take Conor down once and he'll keep him there for the entire fight, in my opinion as a grappler.

Yep.

hqdefault.jpg

images
If you use the May fight as demonstration of a legit loss, then you must also bring up Khabib's loss to Leonid Gatovskiy in grappling.

Two reasons.

1) McGregor tore his ACL a couple weeks before the fight. For all you tubby lards, this is as serious knee injury as it gets, you lose all stability on that knee. Generally takes 12 months of proper rehab and training and it never really is the same. This is a significant factor in why mendes could take conor down.

2) This one is very important. McGregors game has changed quite a bit since that fight, he is nowhere near the same fighter and has completely refined his game (cheers diaz).

Output has decreased quite a bit, no more balls to the wall with a variety of strikes, he picks shots and uses the same ones over and over and throws a spin kick sparingly. Conors abiltiy to adapt to his strengths has been remarkable and his TDD has improved by a mile as proven in the alvarez fight (Inb4 retard haters bring up Diaz fight while not realising conors style has also changed afterthe diaz fights, now adding COMBOS to his crisp punches as well).

Conor is going to crack khabib with his superior striking and its gonna get nasty early. Khabib may survive but given how rudimentary his standup is khabib will likely panic and shoot from the hip.

TLDR

Healthy, refined game conor is nowhere near the same fighter as he was against Mendes and drawing conclusions from that fight is STUPID
You're kinda being contradictory here. It's true that Conor tore his ligament prior to the Mendes fight but only partially, not completely like he did during the Holloway fight when a surgery was required. How can you say that it'll be "better than ever" while claiming that one never fully recovers from that type of injury?

I implied no such thing. I said he didn't have a torn acl going into the fight and that he's known to embellish things and naive people eat that shit up. The UFC doctor would not let him fight with an ACL injury. You can't put "injections" in and still move around like he did. You can't hide a torn ACL from a trained doctor. If you were a real athlete, trained medical professional or even tore your own ACL you'd know. At worst he had a slight bruise, no different that rolling your ankle and walking on it the next day.
Wrong. You should read up about standard UFC medical testing before fights. Having an MRI (the only way to prove a partial ACL tear) isn't on the list.

The point of this thread is for the people using the mendes fight as the deciding factor in the khabib fight.

The arguement is, because mendes took conor down khabib will as well. I counter this by saying the two reasons listed.

You slightly went off course but i feel like i was respectful in response to you.
You were, and I apologise if you feel I was not.

Let me try to put this way: I don't think it is "the deciding factor". But it is indeed the biggest question mark for this fight.

The formula is simple:
  • Khabib needs to take Conor down or he is done.
  • Conor needs to keep it standing (and away from Khabib) he he is done.

The ONLY fight we saw Conor against a pure wrestler/grappler was Mendes.
And the same way you mention Conor's injury, I just reminded you the fact mendes had no camp, so advantage was still Conor's (plus Conor knew Merndes had no camp while Mendes had no idea about Conor's injury).

The main point though, is that while Mendes is a good wrestler, his game is far more well rounded than Khabib... but Khabib is far better at the pressure & takedowns (once he puts his hands on his opponent). Plus Khabib is bigger & stronger than Mendes, so the danger increases there as well.

Beyond that, IMHO the biggest unknown is HOW will Conor be back? How will the 2 years off affect his timing/accuracy?
Or even taking a step in a different direction: Is Conor really back? or did he just want one last fight before calling it quits? I mean, I think he prolonged his inactivity as long as he possibly could, and it is not far fetched to think that if he did not fight now, he would start losing sponsors who are paying for his vacation.

So my fear is that he is simply cashing out, not really counting on winning (much like Floyd fight) and hoping for the best.
Now, he is a professional, and he will do his due diligence to be in shape and do everything he can to go out and win this fight. But he simply might not be looking to be back and active as a fighter. And that is not a good thing.

Mad about someone discrediting someones skills, while tottaly discrediting someone elses skills cyrcle of life.

Wrong. You should read up about standard UFC medical testing before fights. Having an MRI (the only way to prove a partial ACL tear) isn't on the list.
He said he tore his ACL during camp, unless he tore it the same day as the medical inspections the swelling and bruising, going by my own tear, loss of movement would be common indicators and warrant a doctor to request an MRI. No request means that he's embellishing his "tear" and in reality he had a slight sprain.

It is so sad (hilarious?) to read how all the Mcballhuggers actual believe conor will win so effortlessly. And how they come out with sooo many excuses for all the McChicken losses. They should come out, but come out of the closet for once! <{cruzshake}>

Conor did not have a torn ACL. You can’t plant and whip body kicks with a torn ACL.

He got ragdolled by a great wrestler. Khabib is a better wrestler than Mendes. Conor is fucked. He’s going to lose in such a fashion that not a single McFanboy will have a case in his defense. I look forward to morning after.

Last edited:
Two reasons.

1) McGregor tore his ACL a couple weeks before the fight. For all you tubby lards, this is as serious knee injury as it gets, you lose all stability on that knee. Generally takes 12 months of proper rehab and training and it never really is the same. This is a significant factor in why mendes could take conor down.

2) This one is very important. McGregors game has changed quite a bit since that fight, he is nowhere near the same fighter and has completely refined his game (cheers diaz).

Output has decreased quite a bit, no more balls to the wall with a variety of strikes, he picks shots and uses the same ones over and over and throws a spin kick sparingly. Conors abiltiy to adapt to his strengths has been remarkable and his TDD has improved by a mile as proven in the alvarez fight (Inb4 retard haters bring up Diaz fight while not realising conors style has also changed afterthe diaz fights, now adding COMBOS to his crisp punches as well).

Conor is going to crack khabib with his superior striking and its gonna get nasty early. Khabib may survive but given how rudimentary his standup is khabib will likely panic and shoot from the hip.

TLDR

Healthy, refined game conor is nowhere near the same fighter as he was against Mendes and drawing conclusions from that fight is STUPID
3) Chad Mendes didn't even train for this fight.

Khabib won't even know what hit him. Then he wakes up to the brutal reality that he was the biggest paper champ ever. Who never even beat a champion.

Khabib won't even know what hit him. Then he wakes up to the brutal reality that he was the biggest paper champ ever. Who never even beat a champion.
Paper champ. That's an interesting assessment considering Conor's own lacking resume.

Paper champ. That's an interesting assessment considering Conor's own lacking resume.
He beat Aldo who was considered one of the GOATs. Then Eddie for lw then took a fight to earn 100mil for one fight and the UFC stripped him. So he beat 2 real champions. And then got the fight of his life in Floyd. You want him to not take that fight and insted defend his belt for 98% less pay?

Back