Hilarious how some people use the Mendes fight as the deciding factor for Khabib

Conor is also slower at LW so I'm thinking it'll even out since Khabibs style of TD's is more centered around explosive mid distance shots and grabbing a hold of the opponent.

Conor has had rough nights when his opponents don't have a severe reach disadvantage granted Khabib isn't a great striker himself but his head movement is pretty good and the way he wades in with his head cocked makes it difficult for southpaws to land clean.

If you think Khabibs gonna strike you're outright wrong he'll probably work his way in and work for some shots. If Khabib decides he's a striker that night he's gonna get hit with a crisp counter and it's lights out.

It's gonna be all about positioning. Conor circling out and Khabib working him to the cage, imho from Conors track record I'd say the odds of Conor getting taken down compared to Khabib getting hit with a counter are in favor of Khabib grinding him into the mat.

I'm not so sure. Conor is gonna be rusty and going from his personality he's gonna try to head hunt like the Diaz and Alvarez fights I think Khabibs probably gonna have a power double into a slam given to him on a silver platter. But that's just my opinion.

My man Conor was light speeds faster the Eddie who is waaayyyy faster then Khabib

Khabib will not come close to taking Conor down unless it's against the cage..
I'll admit gladly that if Conor finds himself anywhere near the cage he is going for a ride to suplex city!

However Conor knows this as well, I don't expect Conor to move straight back at all!

Closing the distance! No fucking way, Khabib has two moves to close the distance, the same two moves he has always used, his modified uppercut or his Leaping knee to bum rush against the cage... neither of those will work against Conor and if Khabib does do his knee/bumrush he will be slept either midair or as soon as he lands and Conor's pivoted....

I probably am a bigger fan of Khabib then Conor in all honesty...
But this isn't going to be close
Khabib just doesn't have the necessary tools to take Conor down in the middle of the cage

But either way here's to hoping for a dope fight

Khabib has two moves to close the distance, the same two moves he has always used, his modified uppercut or his Leaping knee to bum rush against the cage...
DeepHarmfulGrouper-max-1mb.gif
82z4Qj.gif
9DVQAtV.gif

Why are people pretending like Nurmagomedov doesn't shoot singles and doubles?

I probably am a bigger fan of Khabib then Conor in all honesty...
You're not a very good fan of Nurmagomedov given your apparent ignorance of his singles and doubles.

It wasn't an ACL... Remember Max fight that's what a torn ACL looks like, peform wise... It was probably MCL-LCL TEAR...
wich you can actually fight trough and most cases heal without surgery, great response to phisio... a torn acl will not respond to phisio without surgery... Anyway to fight a take down artist with a bummed LCL is bad and he showed fucking guts and sometimes it's better to accept the takedown to not risk to aggravate the injury. Anyway is truly nuts that he won a fight agaisnt Holloway with a torn ACL, it's crazy.

MCL or LCL-- Medial or Lateral Collateral Ligament on the side of the knees *

Last edited:
Explain where is said i was certain about this fight. Please explain. A lot if people in here are acting like i said conor will destroy khabib when i havent said it once.

didn’t say you said you were certain. i said i don’t know how anyone can be so certain. some people are completely certain on both sides. i say it’s more of a toss up than people think.

Explain where is said i was certain about this fight. Please explain. A lot if people in here are acting like i said conor will destroy khabib when i havent said it once.

in fact, not only did i not say you were certain, i said you made good points. i’m on your side bro. lol

TS, you're correct by stating the Conor vs Mendes fight isn't a fair reference to gauge the fight with Khabib, Khabib is a lot bigger and better than little bitty Mendes.

How funny is it that Khabib dropped Conor with his rudimentary striking?

Also, conclusions were drawn from the Mendes fight that Conor's grappling was weak. That conclusion still stand true today.

Two reasons.

Healthy, refined game conor is nowhere near the same fighter as he was against Mendes and drawing conclusions from that fight is STUPID

What should Khabibs punishment be for allowing Mcconner to tap?

Agreed TS
We should always avoid using past performances as a basis for prediction
Instead just wait until after the fight is over and use hindsight to predict retroactively
Smart

There must be at least 1000 retarded threads like this to bump.

Back