Highly respected boxing pundit | Conor gave Floyd a lesson

Seismic

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Steve Bunce is a longtime boxing pundit that has appeared on numerous broadcasts on television and radio and has also written quite a bit about the sport of boxing.

“I didn’t think he [McGregor] was capable of giving Floyd a boxing lesson for three rounds – but he did,” Bunce said.

“Everyone said ‘oh that’s what we expected’ and I said ‘no it isn’t, what you expected was Conor McGregor to run at him for three rounds and Floyd to run away for three rounds.’

“What happened was it was the reverse. Floyd had to chase McGregor.

“Floyd got a boxing lesson. Floyd was picked off.

“Floyd was hit with more counters in nine minutes by Conor McGregor, the first three rounds, counters – not punches – than he was hit in his previous 49 fights.”

One punch that surely rings a bell was the uppercut that “The Notorious” landed early in the fight. Although one punch, it is something many world champion boxers had a hard time pulling off themselves in the ring against Mayweather.

“When does he get hit by a counter?” Bunce added.

“He gets hit in exchanges with [Miguel] Cotto, [Marcos] Maidana – even Ricky Hatton, he gets hit by those. Pacquiao even catches him.

“Who counters Floyd Mayweather? Conor McGregor countered him. That’s genius.

“That’s unbelievable – who said that would happen? Nobody.

“I don’t even think Conor McGregor thought that would happen.”

Good to see Conor getting the credit he was due for what was an astonishing performance. Floyd hit with more counters in 9 mins than in his entire career - Incredible.

Steve Bunce is a longtime boxing pundit that has appeared on numerous broadcasts on television and radio and has also written quite a bit about the sport of boxing.

“I didn’t think he [McGregor] was capable of giving Floyd a boxing lesson for three rounds – but he did,” Bunce said.

“Everyone said ‘oh that’s what we expected’ and I said ‘no it isn’t, what you expected was Conor McGregor to run at him for three rounds and Floyd to run away for three rounds.’

“Floyd was hit with more counters in nine minutes by Conor McGregor, the first three rounds, counters – not punches – than he was hit in his previous 49 fights.”

One punch that surely rings a bell was the uppercut that “The Notorious” landed early in the fight. Although one punch, it is something many world champion boxers had a hard time pulling off themselves in the ring against Mayweather.

“He gets hit in exchanges with [Miguel] Cotto, [Marcos] Maidana – even Ricky Hatton, he gets hit by those. Pacquiao even catches him.

Good to see Conor getting the credit he was due for what was an astonishing performance. Floyd hit with more counters in 9 mins than in his entire career - Incredible.

McGregor was brilliant in there, he can be proud off himself and he made MMA look good. Of course the usual's will weight in with "their expertise" which obviously means more to them than world champions that praised Mcgregor as well as most of the rest of the boxing world.

Lol, a "boxing lesson"

That guy doesn't know wtf he is talking about. Floyd gave him those rounds. Most of what Conor threw didn't land flush. Floyd was rolling wth a lot of that shit and blocking most of it.

A " Pundit" ? Is that a term i need to give two fucks about? Or should we call him what he is... a fan.

Mayweather doesn't chase after opponents because he generally has enough respect for them not to put himself at risk. With Conor, there was no such risk and that one, singular counter that Steve Dunce is gushing over - and somehow managed to convince himself occurred on more than one occasion - confirmed it.

Mayweather presented Conor with a far more open target than he's ever given any previous opponent for ten rounds and he still couldn't land more than a handful of clean shots, body or head.

for everybody that think that conor did good,you re crazy lol
there was a huge gap in term of skills,experience,profesionalism and stamina
that was a joke from the start
both of conor's cornermen never cornered a boxing match before,conor forgot his cup and realized that just 45 min before the match, floyd said he knew he would forgot so he brought an extra one for him lol
at the end of the first round floyd said conor is getting tired and his dad told him he ll be done by the fourth round at this pace,then at the same time kavanagh told conor "easy work he can t fight you bla bla bla", floyd was vastly superior in the ring, and the difference between their corners was even bigger
conor threw everything he had for 3 rounds with 0 results and then he began to fade and he got demolished until the referee stoped the fight
it was a real beatdown,don t get fooled by conor's rant after the fight that it was fatigue, if that was just fatigue one of his cornermen should not ask kavanagh to tell him when it s enough, if that just was fatigue ,dee wouldnt have been recorded multiple time looking at this fight scared for her man's health
conor did better than expected,but he didn t do good he got schooled and stopped, by a 40 years old guy ,20 pounds lighter,who was retired for 2 years and last finished someone in 2011
"i am boxing"

Mayweather just stood there though lol, of course he would get countered floyd didnt fight his usually fight he was letting conor tee off on him, floyd even said he would never fight the others that way because he had no respect for conors punch.

Steve do you know floyd admit to having a friend of his bet on him to stop mcgegor in a certain round... the round he actually stopped him in, floyd carried conor, sad but true

Steve bunce is considered a troll style boxing guy similar to skip bagless

Boxing Stans are still butthurt cuz a novice took tbe 10rnds. Conor never even touched the canvas or bled. Warrior shit.

Its a silly article for publicity.

I find it amusing when a “renowned” boxing pundit couldnt even notice Floyd fought in a completely uncharacteristic style, that saw him plodding into the danger zone, completely flat footed and only throwing single blows. This is something he’s never done in any of his fights. Not only did he not fight on his bicycle, he waded into everything McGregor had, without a single shred of fear. This uncharacteristic style was abundantly clear to anyone who has even a moderate grasp of boxing that had seen Floyd fight before. This fight was never a competition, it was pure entertainment.

To say that McGregor gave the retired, undertrained, undersized, unmotivated, 40 year old boxer a “lesson”, when he got starched in the 10th is just hilarious. Mayweather had fun in there, didn’t get a scratch and walked away with at least $100 million (not including the unknown amount of bets he laid on himself to KO him before the end of the 10th).

Maybe Steve Bunce should try other ways of getting noticed, or write about a different sport.

lol. Floyd was literally laughing from the opening bell.

I guess he stole this moron’s money also.

Boxing Stans are still butthurt cuz a novice took tbe 10rnds. Conor never even touched the canvas or bled. Warrior shit.

You actually believe Conor looked great in there.

How old are you? Honest question.

McGregor looked okay for the first three rounds, he never really landed anything but that uppercut though. I don't see why we think that Conor was hanging for 10 rounds though, when do we ever see Mayweather get an early finish?

What Conor did was nothing short was of phenomenal. Honestly, I'm glad he didn't win, because if he did then it would've taken away from the masterpiece of a performance he gave, and turned it into a gloating session. Conor is truly the Combat Sports GOAT.

Well, he can no longer be a respected boxing commenter after spewing that level of nonsense.

Change title.

What Conor did was nothing short was of phenomenal. Honestly, I'm glad he didn't win, because if he did then it would've taken away from the masterpiece of a performance he gave, and turned it into a gloating session. Conor is truly the Combat Sports GOAT.

Oh, I’m sure you’re “glad he didn’t win”.

Lmfao

You actually believe Conor looked great in there.

How old are you? Honest question.
For his 1st pro fight, he looked amazing. My favorite rnds from him were 7 and 8.

And he also used mma trainers.

Back