Higher weight classes on display

Brood

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
So after we got served with a double header of title fights of the heavy devs, who in their right mind can prefer those over the flyweights and bantamweights?

Surely those weren't the best heavy fights in history, but HW is still and probably forever will be mostly dictated by wild swings and fatigue. LHW is surely the thinnest division, and the gap between DC, Gus & Jones and everybody else is massive.

Lighter divs FTW!

Your so right but your gonna get flamed for being a manlet.

So after we got served with a double header of title fights of the heavy devs, who in their right mind can prefer those over the flyweights and bantamweights?

Surely those weren't the best heavy fights in history, but HW is still and probably forever will be mostly dictated by wild swings and fatigue. LHW is surely the thinnest division, and the gap between DC, Gus & Jones and everybody else is massive.

Lighter divs FTW!

Lighterweights will always be better than Heavyweights in MMA.

This is NOT boxing and that's something people need to get through their lazy heads. HW is not the ideal division.

The little guys can go forever but typically lack power. I wish they would get rid of every weight class below 185 or 170. I find them totally boring.

I don't mind seeing guys gas. It all plays into the strategy of the fight.

Who would you rather watch fight? 2 dinosaurs or 2 ants?

Lighterweights will always be better than Heavyweights in MMA.

This is NOT boxing and that's something people need to get through their lazy heads. HW is not the ideal division.
Lightweights are better? Than why don't they just move up and beat the big guys?

The little guys can go forever but typically lack power. I wish they would get rid of every weight class below 185 or 170. I find them totally boring.

I kinda agree but most guys that fight at 145 and 155 walk around at 180+.

Control weight current more and 125 and 135 can easily be removed.

If USADA can show up at anytime and make people piss in cups then they can bring a scale too and monitor fighter's out of cage weight.

Im a manlet who only pays real attention to HWs.

I would like to see more acclaim and inspire the LHWs to want that HW belt.

If this were about finding out who is the tougest on earth, there wouldnt be another div, and that stupid 265lb limit wouldnt exist either.

Your so right but your gonna get flamed for being a manlet.

People on Sherdog should understand that calling a person on the internet a manlent ain't exactly a KO move.

145, 155 & 170 are all shark tanks.

I don’t care for 135/125, save for TJ & Mighty Mouse.

That's a really crappy suggestion. LW is the most stacked and exciting division, followed by FW, WW and BW (you can argue the order).

It is of course true that in general bigger people generate more power, but you are living in a time where the physical strength a person has is nothing compared to machines, and wild animals were much stronger than people to begin-with as well. If this is your thing, don't waste anymore time on MMA, you should go watch trains collide and buildings collapse instead.
OR you can understand that power is just a single factor in the equation that is Martial Arts, and not the most important one as we all saw in the Stipe fight.

Surely watching 2 guys swing at each other without causing any damage is boring, but when you see MM KO Joe B, or Rose (t)KO Joanna that argument becomes invalid.

Also - some potential fights from the insect world are way better than anything dinosaurs could put up.

Yeah I'd take Demetrious Johnson any day of the week..... Said nobody EVER.

Back