High level lawyer here, if DC chooses to sue he can easily put the UFC and JJ bankrupt.

Did he totally besmirch you and slander you in front of a jury of your peers?

MtRKT8e.png

tumblr_myehbnw48t1rywjuto5_1280-12.png

And that's a sad thing. Because most Americans will need a "regular lawyer" in their lifetime after being rear-ended, applying for SSDI, fighting a DUI, needing a divorce, drafting a will or filing bankruptcy. Very few Americans will need a corporate lawyer or IP counsel.

BTW - there is no University of American Samoa Law School. But you would be surprised how many doctors have medical degrees from Caribbean or Mexican law schools.

I worked with an orthopedic surgeon who went to UAG (Universidad Autonoma Guadalajara) and has been practicing in the United States for a few decades now. He isn't Mexican either he's a white guy from Fresno.

Seems kind of dumb to sue your employer but what do I know.

To me, it seems pretty open and shut that the UFC has done everything possible by implementing drug testing that is the most advanced for any sport out there, including Olympic sports. So you're pretty much saying that if the UFC loses that law suit that any promoter who has someone who fails a drug test will lose that case. It just doesn't seem reasonable.

Without disagreeing with everything you said, I have no problem derogating lawyerdom as a profession generally. And sure, some PI lawyers make a lot of money. But *if* we are to start a discussion of being an 'elite' lawyer, as TS attempts to do, it's fair to say that PI plaintiff lawyers are not what people coming out of elite schools aim to become .... and if you surveyed lawyers generally, of all kinds, they'd be sitting near the bottom in perceived prestige.

So yeah, I'm not saying that being a Wachtel partner is the only possible metric of lawyering prestige, but on average, the worst lawyers from the worst schools who are saddled with the most limited career options tend to work the PI plaintiff circuit. Doesn't mean you don't have some incredible PI lawyers and some really terrible big firm partners out there --- obviously --- but that's the reality of it.

I agree if you attended an "elite law school" (as I did) your goal was probably not to handle soft tissue car wreck cases. Likely you dreamed of politics, the USC, states attorneys, judgeship, and failing that, go for the money, the incredibly long billable hours, and work for an "elite firm."

The reality is that number of graduates from Harvard, Yale, Stanford, NYU, Cornell, Berkeley, UC and Northwestern are greatly outnumbered by the graduates of the 200 other ABA accredited law schools. There are only 9 spaces on the Supreme Court and only so many jobs at Cravath. 99 percent of Americans will not need a lawyer from Wachtell or Skadden or Sidley, just a few large corporations. As for as metric's for elite go, not that long ago Wachtell was looked down on by the silk stocking firms because (1) they were Jews and (2) they handled litigation. Amazing how times have changed.

As I've grown older, I've learned not to view the world as a hierarchy. I personally left an elite law firm to work somewhere smaller with more rewarding work. I've never looked down on PI. Interestingly, some would probably view criminal defense, bankruptcy, divorce, wills, real estate closings and public defense as "lower" than PI. To each their own.

Thats something I like but also dislike about DC. Hes nice but I feel hes too nice at the wrong times. Hes been very lenient and forgiving of Jones when he definitely did not have to be. He had a ton of ammo that he couldve but just didnt use. And I also dont expect him to sue when he really actually should.

As a high level lawyer, I can tell you one thing in common with high level lawyers: They don't give away their legal opinions for free.
I helped legalize marijuana in Colorado for free. Now I'm working on Florida
I learned everything I know right here at the university of saint sherdog

When it has happened in other sports why didnt they win?

I'm a litigation attorney at one of the top law firms in my state. We deal with high dollar value Civil suits regularly.

Just wanted to let you guys know if DC sues, which he might not because he's such a classy guy, he can take UFC and JJ for EVERYTHING. He can sue the UFC for negligence and conspiracy and JJ for assault and battery.

Mark Hunts case has survived dismissal motions and is still moving forward despite being MUCH weaker.

DC suffered a brutal knockout that left him with potentially life altering brain damage and any doctor would testify to this. He agreed in a contract to fight a guy who was clean and instead got knocked unconscious and was clearly badly badly badly concussion and unstable for long after the fight.

He has a phenomenal case and this is coming from a top level lawyer. If he choses to sue he can very easily put not only Jones on the street but UFC bankrupt.

I am expecting Jones to be homeless within the year.

Would you take the case on a contingent fee basis?

I'm a litigation attorney at one of the top law firms in my state. We deal with high dollar value Civil suits regularly.

Just wanted to let you guys know if DC sues, which he might not because he's such a classy guy, he can take UFC and JJ for EVERYTHING. He can sue the UFC for negligence and conspiracy and JJ for assault and battery.

Mark Hunts case has survived dismissal motions and is still moving forward despite being MUCH weaker.

DC suffered a brutal knockout that left him with potentially life altering brain damage and any doctor would testify to this. He agreed in a contract to fight a guy who was clean and instead got knocked unconscious and was clearly badly badly badly concussion and unstable for long after the fight.

He has a phenomenal case and this is coming from a top level lawyer. If he choses to sue he can very easily put not only Jones on the street but UFC bankrupt.

Your spelling and grammar are shit, LiberalThaiJitsu Esquire.

DC is a kiss ass.

He wont sue.
And it wouldn't be wise of him to sue the ufc.

Thats something I like but also dislike about DC. Hes nice but I feel hes too nice at the wrong times. Hes been very lenient and forgiving of Jones when he definitely did not have to be. He had a ton of ammo that he couldve but just didnt use. And I also dont expect him to sue when he really actually should.

WE can only question why... and I think we know why, it comes back to what one of the Diaz brothers said.

I agree if you attended an "elite law school" (as I did) your goal was probably not to handle soft tissue car wreck cases. Likely you dreamed of politics, the USC, states attorneys, judgeship, and failing that, go for the money, the incredibly long billable hours, and work for an "elite firm."

The reality is that number of graduates from Harvard, Yale, Stanford, NYU, Cornell, Berkeley, UC and Northwestern are greatly outnumbered by the graduates of the 200 other ABA accredited law schools. There are only 9 spaces on the Supreme Court and only so many jobs at Cravath. 99 percent of Americans will not need a lawyer from Wachtell or Skadden or Sidley, just a few large corporations. As for as metric's for elite go, not that long ago Wachtell was looked down on by the silk stocking firms because (1) they were Jews and (2) they handled litigation. Amazing how times have changed.

As I've grown older, I've learned not to view the world as a hierarchy. I personally left an elite law firm to work somewhere smaller with more rewarding work. I've never looked down on PI. Interestingly, some would probably view criminal defense, bankruptcy, divorce, wills, real estate closings and public defense as "lower" than PI. To each their own.

Yeah I don't really disagree with you there. Like so many things in life, perceived prestige quickly looks empty after you've been living it awhile.

giphy.gif

Which state big dog?

You on the plaintiff or defense side? Do you guys deal with more mediation or actual litigation?

You can't sue in a civil case for the charges you are listing outside of negligence. But I'm sure you already knew that....
d7JDwHW.gif

I didn't know high level lawyers made promises like that these days. Usually big swinging dicks know that a big corporation will settle and they play that game.

Oh and Hunt's case is significantly better. He can argue that the UFC, his employers, allowed Brock Lesnar to fight knowing there was a very good chance he was cheating.

What kind of settlement numbers you guys pulling in these days? If you're defense what rate do you bill your time at while posting on sherdog?

Last edited:
Your username should be HighLevelLawyer - would be more appropriate for the thread

Have you contacted DC to represent him? You stand to make a lot of money

I'm a high level lawyer. Rumble will sue DC's towel.

Back