High level lawyer here, if DC chooses to sue he can easily put the UFC and JJ bankrupt.

'High-level lawyer' seems to be his way of saying he works at a reputable plaintiff's firm. Which may be true, but most lawyers would consider that near the bottom of the lawyer-ladder.

Most genuinely elite firms would laugh their ass off at the idea of handling a personal injury lawsuit. Personal injury is about as low prestige as legal work gets. You might take on such a case to build a relationship with a promising client, as business development, but otherwise you wouldn't see it.

I think that view has crossed over into conventional wisdom among the public too. Ambulance chasers.

It is like getting your law degree from the University of American Samoa. lol. Saul Goodman is hilarious.

I'm a litigation attorney at one of the top law firms in my state. We deal with high dollar value Civil suits regularly.

Just wanted to let you guys know if DC sues, which he might not because he's such a classy guy, he can take UFC and JJ for EVERYTHING. He can sue the UFC for negligence and conspiracy and JJ for assault and battery.

Mark Hunts case has survived dismissal motions and is still moving forward despite being MUCH weaker.

DC suffered a brutal knockout that left him with potentially life altering brain damage and any doctor would testify to this. He agreed in a contract to fight a guy who was clean and instead got knocked unconscious and was clearly badly badly badly concussion and unstable for long after the fight.

He has a phenomenal case and this is coming from a top level lawyer. If he choses to sue he can very easily put not only Jones on the street but UFC bankrupt.

I am expecting Jones to be homeless within the year.
How was the UFC negligent? And where is the conspiracy?

I'm a litigation attorney at one of the top law firms in my state. We deal with high dollar value Civil suits regularly.

Just wanted to let you guys know if DC sues, which he might not because he's such a classy guy, he can take UFC and JJ for EVERYTHING. He can sue the UFC for negligence and conspiracy and JJ for assault and battery.

Mark Hunts case has survived dismissal motions and is still moving forward despite being MUCH weaker.

DC suffered a brutal knockout that left him with potentially life altering brain damage and any doctor would testify to this. He agreed in a contract to fight a guy who was clean and instead got knocked unconscious and was clearly badly badly badly concussion and unstable for long after the fight.

He has a phenomenal case and this is coming from a top level lawyer. If he choses to sue he can very easily put not only Jones on the street but UFC bankrupt.

im a higher level lawyer and your noob skills are all whack. your shitty law practise still uses windows 95 on 386s and you can't connect them to your shitty dial up because the system updates would put your shit out of business for months

...and i seen you literally chasing ambulances on a moped. all your secretaries have bad boob jobs and collapsed pancake asses, joke shop makeup, perfume like a old ass lady. your catering is skittles and grape drank; you have bees hovering around your rectum

i am assembling DCs case presently and i got dana white in my back pocket, you can't even settle a dispute with your own neighbour about a fallen down tree. go back to playing original ms dos doom and minesweeper while you wait for the phone to ring

'High-level lawyer' seems to be his way of saying he works at a reputable plaintiff's firm. Which may be true, but most lawyers would consider that near the bottom of the lawyer-ladder.

Most genuinely elite firms would laugh their ass off at the idea of handling a personal injury lawsuit. Personal injury is about as low prestige as legal work gets. You might take on such a case to build a relationship with a promising client, as business development, but otherwise you wouldn't see it.

Lawyers have different levels of expertise in different fields. "Civil litigation" is broad term which really means any litigation not involving criminal law work. If Daniel Cormier proceeds with legal action against Jon Jones or the UFC, he will want a lawyer with expertise in sports law like James Quinn.

Most lawyers would not consider personal injury near the bottom of the "lawyer-ladder" because there are more PI lawyers than silver stocking or white shoe lawyers. You'd be surprised to learn that proud ambulance chaser Glen Lerner outearns the partners at Sullivan Cromwell by tenfold. Experienced lawyers tend to respect each.

It also depends on the type of personal injury lawsuit and your definition of a "truly elite firm." Rick Friedman's office is definitely elite and all they do is personal injury. Same for Baron & Budd, Edwards Kirby, Corboy & Demetrio.

Elizabeth Cabraser recently secured a 10 billion dollar settlement on the Volkswagen class action. She's basically a PI lawyer.

Kirkland Ellis is one of the largest and most respected firms in the world, and a few years back they represented the estate of a plaintiff who died on the waiting room floor in a NY hospital.

Everyday personal injury lawyers help regular Americans who suffer injuries at the negligence of others. I'm not sure why that is something to look down on. Nor do I fully understand why working for a "elite law firm" that bills at $900 an hour representing multi-national corporation pollute water or lobby Congress is anything to consider prestigious.

Last edited:
I think that view has crossed over into conventional wisdom among the public too. Ambulance chasers.

It is like getting your law degree from the University of American Samoa. lol. Saul Goodman is hilarious.

And that's a sad thing. Because most Americans will need a "regular lawyer" in their lifetime after being rear-ended, applying for SSDI, fighting a DUI, needing a divorce, drafting a will or filing bankruptcy. Very few Americans will need a corporate lawyer or IP counsel.

BTW - there is no University of American Samoa Law School. But you would be surprised how many doctors have medical degrees from Caribbean or Mexican law schools.

In the uk when I was a kid we had a term for when people talked shit like this.

CHINNY RECKON, TS, CHINNY RECKON

And that's a sad thing. Because most Americans will need a "regular lawyer" in their lifetime after being rear-ended, applying for SSDI, fighting a DUI, needing a divorce, drafting a will or filing bankruptcy. Very few Americans will need a corporate lawyer or IP counsel.

BTW - there is no University of American Samoa Law School. But you would be surprised how many doctors have medical degrees from Caribbean or Mexican law schools.

I actually wondered if that school actually exists. I assumed it didn't but didn't want to ruin the magic. it is hilarious. lol.

I am surprised by how many doctors get their education through the military. Which isn't a bad program I don't think but it is hard to imagine some of these guys ever being in the military. lol

Like even my Asian GI doc got his from the military. lol

How are you top level? You're not even a black belt yet. :confused:

Hi, I'm a high level President at a G7 country, and I've been looking for a high level lawyer. Please DM.

I'm a high level server at a fast food restaurant in the country of America and I can guarantee you Rousey's teeth could not bite through our well-done burgers after her knockout. If you ask me number 1 or number 2, I'd say she needs the mashed potato bowl.

Lawyers have different levels of expertise in different fields. "Civil litigation" is broad term which really means any litigation not involving criminal law work. If Daniel Cormier proceeds with legal action against Jon Jones or the UFC, he will want a lawyer with expertise in sports law like James Quinn.

Most lawyers would not consider personal injury near the bottom of the "lawyer-ladder" because there are more PI lawyers than silver stocking or white shoe lawyers. You'd be surprised to learn that proud ambulance chaser Glen Lerner outearns the partners at Sullivan Cromwell by tenfold. Experienced lawyers tend to respect each.

It also depends on the type of personal injury lawsuit and your definition of a "truly elite firm." Rick Friedman's office is definitely elite and all they do is personal injury. Same for Baron & Budd, Edwards Kirby, Corboy & Demetrio.

Elizabeth Cabraser recently secured a 10 billion dollar settlement on the Volkswagen class action. She's basically a PI lawyer.

Kirkland Ellis is one of the largest and most respected firms in the world, and a few years back they represented the estate of a plaintiff who died on the waiting room floor in a NY hospital.

Everyday personal injury lawyers help regular Americans who suffer injuries at the negligence of others. I'm not sure why that is something to look down on. Nor do I fully understand why working for a "elite law firm" that bills at $900 an hour representing multi-national corporation pollute water or lobby Congress is anything to consider prestigious.

Very eloquently stated.

I responded to the same post, as it seemed to strike and odd note.

Forgetting the concept of 'dogbite' lawyer for a minute, it may be misguided to consider suing the UFC where two of the most marquee athletes in the sport are at issue in a PEDS scandal as a standard PI case.

Whoever files on behalf of Cormier would make news, and stay in the news as it proceeds. It would be a high profile filing with a lot of media attention. Daniel Cormier wouldn't have any trouble finding representation.

Obviously this guy was a troll but it surprises me you would equate pedestrian PI work where a room full of people are filing slip and falls all day with suing the UFC over a PEDS scandal... where two of the most marquee MMA athletes in the sport are at issue.

I don't think DC would have trouble finding good representation if he wanted to pursue something. Whoever files makes headlines, lots of them.

Interestingly, slip and fall cases are almost impossible to win and I don't take them anymore. Litigating them requires quite a bit of experience and craft, I wouldn't consider it pedestrian in the least. Juries hate them even in plaintiff-friendly counties. There is a common misconception that simply falling in Wal-Mart or on your neighbor's steps will get you a big, fat check. Nothing could be further from the truth. You have to establish that the cause of the fall was known or should have been known to the property owner but yet not so open and obvious that the plaintiff should have avoided the accident. Then you need substantial injuries to make the case worthwhile and juries still labor under the belief that everyone falls and these are just accidents and nobody is at fault.

A lot of high level attorneys would want to see the contracts before claiming that there is a case.

Without disagreeing with everything you said, I have no problem derogating lawyerdom as a profession generally. And sure, some PI lawyers make a lot of money. But *if* we are to start a discussion of being an 'elite' lawyer, as TS attempts to do, it's fair to say that PI plaintiff lawyers are not what people coming out of elite schools aim to become .... and if you surveyed lawyers generally, of all kinds, they'd be sitting near the bottom in perceived prestige.

So yeah, I'm not saying that being a Wachtell partner is the only possible metric of lawyering prestige, obv, but on average, the worst lawyers from the worst schools who are saddled with the most limited career options tend to work the PI plaintiff circuit. Doesn't mean you don't have some incredible PI lawyers and some really terrible big firm partners out there --- obviously --- but that's the reality of it.

Without disagreeing with everything you said, I have no problem derogating lawyerdom as a profession generally. And sure, some PI lawyers make a lot of money. But *if* we are to start a discussion of being an 'elite' lawyer, as TS attempts to do, it's fair to say that PI plaintiff lawyers are not what people coming out of elite schools aim to become .... and if you surveyed lawyers generally, of all kinds, they'd be sitting near the bottom in perceived prestige.

So yeah, I'm not saying that being a Wachtell partner is the only possible metric of lawyering prestige, obv, but on average, the worst lawyers from the worst schools who are saddled with the most limited career options tend to work the PI plaintiff circuit. Doesn't mean you don't have some incredible PI lawyers and some really terrible big firm partners out there --- obviously --- but that's the reality of it.
Being a top level lawyer myself I can tell you I make a ton of money on personal injuries. I've destroyed lives with my skills and abilities.

going be hard to prove negligence when they dont control the testing and paid for it.. top lawyer huh i get more out judge judy -/:)

Back