High level lawyer here, if DC chooses to sue he can easily put the UFC and JJ bankrupt.

I'm one of the most chromosome enriched in the state and I'm still not gullible enough to believe you.

on-the-internet-you-can-choose-to-be-anything.jpg

Regardless of whether you're an actual lawyer or not, you don't know if DC can sue because you don't know the details of DC's contract.

There's basically no way the UFC doesn't have a ton of waivers and general insulation against situations like this built into every contract they have the fighters sign.

What laws are there that prevent ANY lawsuit?

Anybody can be sued over anything, question is will they win or will it be thrown out.

DC does have a strong case against Jones, and would almost assuredly win some sort of reward for damages. I don't see how he has a case against the UFC unless he can prove they knew jones was on something and didn't tell him.
Of course you can sue for anything but you have to have a legal base to win or not be immediately dismissed. Hence why I was requesting what exact laws would have been violated by jon jones or the UFC.

I came hear to belittle TS but I see that is well in hand by others.

A very informative thread.
Keep 'em coming guys.
Facts, trolls, brags, everything is welcome here!

I'm a litigation attorney at one of the top law firms in my state. We deal with high dollar value Civil suits regularly.

Just wanted to let you guys know if DC sues, which he might not because he's such a classy guy, he can take UFC and JJ for EVERYTHING. He can sue the UFC for negligence and conspiracy and JJ for assault and battery.

Mark Hunts case has survived dismissal motions and is still moving forward despite being MUCH weaker.

DC suffered a brutal knockout that left him with potentially life altering brain damage and any doctor would testify to this. He agreed in a contract to fight a guy who was clean and instead got knocked unconscious and was clearly badly badly badly concussion and unstable for long after the fight.

He has a phenomenal case and this is coming from a top level lawyer. If he choses to sue he can very easily put not only Jones on the street but UFC bankrupt.

I am expecting Jones to be homeless within the year.

I'm a top level lawyer guys, seriously. I'll prove it by offering this super obvious take on the situation. Did I mention that I'm a top level lawyer? I am you guys, come on.
rcNrT.gif

As a high level 'bater, I say you're full of shit.

Hey lawyer TS, number one you forgot *BREAKING in the title.

Secondly, you may study law school at best, and is now high on coke.

I like you.

A top level liberal lawyer with a yellow card on sherdog.

I don't see DC doing anything, he's just gonna take the belt back.

I bet this attorney knows this is an ad homenim, both circumstantial and abusive.

I believe TS is the same guy claiming he had contacted his attorney and was filing a claim against the UFC after the last pay per view.

This begs the question, did he call himself?

I'm a litigation attorney at one of the top law firms in my state. We deal with high dollar value Civil suits regularly.

Just wanted to let you guys know if DC sues, which he might not because he's such a classy guy, he can take UFC and JJ for EVERYTHING. He can sue the UFC for negligence and conspiracy and JJ for assault and battery.

Mark Hunts case has survived dismissal motions and is still moving forward despite being MUCH weaker.

DC suffered a brutal knockout that left him with potentially life altering brain damage and any doctor would testify to this. He agreed in a contract to fight a guy who was clean and instead got knocked unconscious and was clearly badly badly badly concussion and unstable for long after the fight.

He has a phenomenal case and this is coming from a top level lawyer. If he choses to sue he can very easily put not only Jones on the street but UFC bankrupt.

I am expecting Jones to be homeless within the year.

(1) You are not "high level lawyer" - no attorney in his or her right mind would describe themselves in such a way.
(2) Why did you capitalize the "C" in "high value Civil suits"?
(3) Why is Mark Hunt's case MUCH weaker?
(4) "Any doctor would testify" that DC has been left with potentially life altering brain damage? No. No. No. Besides, you don't get damages for "potentially life altering brain damage." You need some evidence of brain damage, deficit or impairment.
(5) How would DC make Jon Jones "homeless" and "on the street" in a year and the UFC bankrupt? Apparently you have never gone through discovery process. It will take a year just to get through depositions. BTW - are you seriously telling me that in Clark County NV or Orange County you can get a jury trial in a year from filing? Seriously?

As an astronaut cowboy and licensed gynecologist, I can confirm what op says is true.

Your writing skill is quite basic, reading through your post there are some errors which would not pass muster in a high school level English test. I cast doubt on your claims.

I believe TS is the same guy claiming he had contacted his attorney and was filing a claim against the UFC after the last pay per view.

This begs the question, did he call himself?
Everyone who knows anything about law knows the first rule is NEVER to represent yourself in court regardless of how skilled you are.

wtf is a high level lawyer?! I'm a high level internet user.

Everyone who knows anything about law knows the first rule is NEVER to represent yourself in court regardless of how skilled you are.

That's to defend yourself. Plenty of attorneys file claims on their own behalf. But then, you'd know that if you were an attorney.

Back