high crotch lfits

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i noticed something funny that alot of smaller heavy weights like to use high crotch lifts randy couture daniel cormier and i think i have seen cain do it a few times as well to lift guys up and put them down id think it would be a bigger guy move especially since they are doing it to guys usually over 30 pounds there weight

i know it isnt a pure power move trying to get your hips under theres and use your legs to load them up but still i find it to be a odd choice for smaller guys at heavy weight what do you think?

It's easier if your level is already changed and anyone who fights professionally can do the world's most partial squat with like 110% of their body-weight.

If you understand how to do it and use your arm to shelf it’s actually pretty efficient. And surprisingly easy even if you are ”explosive”

It's easier if your level is already changed and anyone who fights professionally can do the world's most partial squat with like 110% of their body-weight.

This. It's actually much easier to lock your hands and get your hips in for the lift if you're not very bent over due to being shorter than your opponent. I love the high C lift, but I rarely hit it against people much shorter than me because if I get in on the high C it's usually mechanically much easier for me to tap the far leg and drive through than it is to try and get my hips in since I'm already so bent over.

If you understand how to do it and use your arm to shelf it’s actually pretty efficient. And surprisingly easy even if you are ”explosive”

Seriously. It's like rack pulling your body weight from 80% standing up already. Any competitor, much less a professional fighter, should be able to do that many times without breaking a sweat. It requires no special athleticism.

i wonder why alot of people dont really use it then head outside single has been like 80% of most guys leg shots nowadays usually if they dont get the pipe finish they run through for the double

i wonder why alot of people dont really use it then head outside single has been like 80% of most guys leg shots nowadays usually if they dont get the pipe finish they run through for the double
Because wrestling technique is lacking in a lot of fighters. It’s also requires you not to be lazy and stop staying bent over

Because wrestling technique is lacking in a lot of fighters. It’s also requires you not to be lazy and stop staying bent over
do you think it also could be the fact that unlike a traditional high crotch shot dropping to the knees getting really low then being able to squat them up is alot easier than in mma

most guys just slight bend the knees and reach for the near leg to pull themselves into it so they are higher up arnt really under the opponents hips as deep as they would if was pure grappling i find it much easier if i do it off a high crotch shot to a lift than the mma way of a slight level change like this

i noticed something funny that alot of smaller heavy weights like to use high crotch lifts randy couture daniel cormier and i think i have seen cain do it a few times as well to lift guys up and put them down id think it would be a bigger guy move especially since they are doing it to guys usually over 30 pounds there weight

i know it isnt a pure power move trying to get your hips under theres and use your legs to load them up but still i find it to be a odd choice for smaller guys at heavy weight what do you think?

The high crotch lift, or high crotch tilt if you prefer, is an efficient way of taking down someone big and heavy.

You may not see it as often at very light weights due to physical attributes like higher strength-to-weight ratios and flexibility making it more of a scramble (a transition to treetop/high single is often sought for).

do you think it also could be the fact that unlike a traditional high crotch shot dropping to the knees getting really low then being able to squat them up is alot easier than in mma

most guys just slight bend the knees and reach for the near leg to pull themselves into it so they are higher up arnt really under the opponents hips as deep as they would if was pure grappling i find it much easier if i do it off a high crotch shot to a lift than the mma way of a slight level change like this

Define traditional.. some coaches teach this or prefer this before the double. It also depends on what type of setup you use. It also depends on how you teach athletes to use their outside hand. Whether it’s down at the ankle or right below the crotch. Inside step vs outside step Etc. etc

You keep making definite absolute statements based off mostly videos

Last edited:
Define traditional.. some coaches teach this or prefer this before the double. It also depends on what type of setup you use. It also depends on how you teach athletes to use their outside hand. Whether it’s down at the ankle or right below the crotch. Inside step vs outside step Etc. etc

You keep making definite absolute statements based off mostly videos

traditional being shooting heel toe knee

in mma people dont shoot the same nobody does sweep singles they do high singles in mma obviously doe to not being able to set up attacks with ties dropping to a knee on a double or high crotch makes it easier for me at least to then load them up when i do it the way dc shows i dont get low enough under them i feel to get as solid of a lift

i wana get sold with this, dan valimont has an amazinggg high crotch he glided me like i was a beach ball

The high crotch lift, or high crotch tilt if you prefer, is an efficient way of taking down someone big and heavy.

You may not see it as often at very light weights due to physical attributes like higher strength-to-weight ratios and flexibility making it more of a scramble (a transition to treetop/high single is often sought for).

yeah i agree like u never see single leg finishes hardly below 170s guys have much more balance i think at heavy weight single legs are better than doubles and at lower weights doubles are the way to go

traditional being shooting heel toe knee

in mma people dont shoot the same nobody does sweep singles they do high singles in mma obviously doe to not being able to set up attacks with ties dropping to a knee on a double or high crotch makes it easier for me at least to then load them up when i do it the way dc shows i dont get low enough under them i feel to get as solid of a lift

i wana get sold with this, dan valimont has an amazinggg high crotch he glided me like i was a beach ball

1. The point flew over your head.
2. You act like you’re an expert

3. Actually film yourself so we can help

1. The point flew over your head.
2. You act like you’re an expert

3. Actually film yourself so we can help

lol i never said that if i did id not be asking i was saying that i feel like when i do a high crotch lift from a knee shot i can lift easier than doing it the mma way due to me not getting hips under

lol i never said that if i did id not be asking i was saying that i feel like when i do a high crotch lift from a knee shot i can lift easier than doing it the mma way due to me not getting hips under
When you don't hit a knee, pop your hips in hard. My point about film helping stands

When you don't hit a knee, pop your hips in hard. My point about film helping stands
one problem is i have a veryyy long torso at 6 1 195 with a 30 to 32 inch waist line i have a natural bend in my spine i need to strengthen my back to help me from bending

one problem is i have a veryyy long torso at 6 1 195 with a 30 to 32 inch waist line i have a natural bend in my spine i need to strengthen my back to help me from bending
Then starting deadlifting and swinging and hit the isometric core

Back