High chances Khabib is going to get cut from the UFC! Taking a very dangerous path.

Conor fought Diaz on short notice and got subbed in 2 rounds, the whole world saw Conor lose. The PPV did 1.1 million. After Conor was embarrassed he fights Diaz again and does 1.6 million on PPV. How is this any different??

Anderson got KO'd by Weidman in a ppv that did 550k.....the rematch did 1 million.

So yes, the value and drawing ability holds and in most cases grows.
Conor had a built in excuse with Nate since it was short notice and at WW. And you're talking about a rematch with Khabib, but if Khabib isn't there that means that they have to put Conor in with someone else. How do they market that? He may still draw a lot but he definitely won't be the same draw as he was before this, the mystique is gone and he's just another fighter with a big mouth. Khabib doesn't have to fight anyone, he's beaten strikers and grapplers, won and defended the belt, beat the biggest name in his division with ease, and he's undefeated. Not everyone is obsessed with getting as much money as possible.

Khabib doesn't have to fight anyone and neither does anyone else on the roster (Al said he was doing fine as a realtor) I was commenting on your post that specifically said Conor was no longer a bigger draw and I listed several fights I think he could take that would be a bigger draw than Khabibs next fight. Honestly who do u think Khabib can fight that would be a bigger draw than any of those fights I listed?
You really don't think that loss diminished Conor's value? It's not like either one of us can prove anything until his next fight. I'm sure he will draw well in his next fight, not the same but still really well, but his next loss will kill his drawing ability completely.

It definitely didn't help it for sure, I just don't think it's diminished too much and hes always down for the biggest fight possible so he's kinda 1 win away from being just as relevant. I do agree tho another loss would be pretty significant. His next fight will determine a lot, but make no mistake the world will be watching and sherdog will be chirping

they wont cut him, that would not be in their interests to hand him to a competitor like that. they can just strip him of his belt and not book him in any fights. basically burying his career.

I doubt they will though, but they could

Without booking him for a fight, that would be considered breach of contract and he can sue to get released. They can put him on the shelf for about two years before this happens.

But even then, everyone would see any new LW champ as a paper champ, especially Conor.

Of course they won't cut him. If anything they'll do what they always do and wait till he loses once and cut him when he can't walk away with claim to being #1 p4p. Like it or not, he's probably the biggest star in the UFC other than the guy whose ass he just whooped.

They’ll never cut him. They’ll make him sit and rot before they do that. Randy Couture lost years trying to be free from UFC and all it did was cost him millions in lost wages and lawyers. UFC makes those contracts rock solid for situations like this.

Khabib's situation differs from Couture's in that Khabib is an undefeated champ and just smashed the UFC's golden boy. Couture didn't have such value at the time.

Cutting him is not a real punishment. His value is higher than ever, and he gets to be a free agent.

Making him sit in his prime while his contract runs out would be the real punishment.
Khabib will fight in Russia and the UFC can’t do a fucking thing about it

A dangerous path? What danger? Getting cutting from the org people on this board constantly claim is dying and bleeding for money anyway? <36>

The only thing I realistically see Khabib regretting is a) not getting to fight Tony, GSP, Max, Woodley and b) his buddy getting fucked out of a UFC career. But I think he'll be fine.

The Diaz brothers have been in about a hundred brawls and nobody gives a shit. Nick has fought dudes in a hospital. Conor's fought a fucking referee lol
Khabib jumps a cage and people are losing their minds.

MMA fans are hilarious.

The attention khabib is getting in Russia is going to make him think he is more important to the UFC than he really is. He needs to be careful. Khabib will never make alot of money off the us ppv market for various reasons. This is business at the end of the day. If you are having a negative affect on the company, it wont end well for him.

The UFC signed Greg Hardy, they wont cut Khabib.

The Diaz brothers have been in about a hundred brawls and nobody gives a shit. Nick has fought dudes in a hospital. Conor's fought a fucking referee lol
Khabib jumps a cage and people are losing their minds.

MMA fans are hilarious.

Khabib has some spotlight on him right now, and he is bad mouthing the company with false info whilst in this spotlight. Dana will be fuming.

I am huge Khabib fan but hes going down a very dangerous path! He is giving the UFC a really bad name. Not sure if Dana will look at him like the next Tito or Frank Shamrock.

1. Bad mouthing your employer, saying they are behind attacks on the bus

2. Threatening to leave the UFC

3. Fighting outside of the octagon

Hes ruining a great story line!!

He's probably the greatest LW in history and just beat the golden boy. He has all the momentum right now.

It's a pretty hard story to sell that Khabib is unfit for the UFC considering Conor threw a dolly through a bus window and injured multiple people, and the only punishment the UFC gave him was a LW title shot, which considering the outcome, actually was a punishment.

Khabib doesn't need the UFC right now. He's not the glitz and glamour guy that Conor is. He is quite content to take his belts and go home knowing he's the best LW in the world

If they cut Khabib, everyone will say that they tried to get rid of him for smeshing UFC’s posterboy and popstar McConor Gregor, lol. The little credibility they had will fly right out of the window in this case.

Hes going to find out in short order, he has little to no leverage.
He embarrassed himself, Dana White, and the UFC to a degree no yet seen. Sure, all the conor haters "wut wut wut about" Save it. Theres a reason this fight has been covered like this for the last week. Its NOT because kazam won. its because he assaulted people outside of the cage, and his team assaulted people after the fight Not a good look

If he pisses Dana off, Dana will just hold him under contract, and make him languish in the UFC and offer whatever fight he wants.kazam will have minimal say in his fights

I believe you mean it's not a good look for the UFC when their undefeated LW champ called them out on the double standard for doing nothing to Conor and his boys when they actually injured innocent bystanders on the UFC bus...

Conor was arrested by the NYPD. The UFC did nothing to Conor or his boys.

The UFC signed Greg Hardy, they wont cut Khabib.

Its not his actions which he needs to worry about, its the things he is saying about the UFC. Keeping his pay - false. Questioniong why they are punishing his team but not mcgregor - completely different circumstances. Talking about joining WWE. Enaging with 50 cent about joining Bellator

I'm sure Khabib's dictator friends can take care of that little contract problem, there is no sitting on the shelf for Khabib.

Khabib will fight in Russia and the UFC can’t do a fucking thing about it
And fight who? He has 11 UFC fights before that u can't even properly pronounce one of his opponents names. Before 229 he had a max ppv of 350k if he really wants the biggest mma check of all time like his team says he does then needs the UFC. Kinda sad 50 is messing with this guys head like that. His next fight needs to be against Tony if he wants to be the undisputed champ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back