HICT - Joel Jamieson

4daLuLZ

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
anyone here ever do these HICT protocols Jamieson used to promote here ?
Notice any difference ?
Especially in your ring craft. I mean footwork, moving and pivoting while boxing / kickboxing / MMA ?

I've been interested in HICT forever, but have never found a version of it I can do in my home gym. The closest I found was Len Schwartz' long strength ideas, ie. squatting and pulling up on a low pull-up bar, combining dips and goodmornings so you can do huge numbers of reps.

Interested in hearing what people say.

i've done it with stair machine and spin bike. The main thing i've noticed is that it drastically reduces soreness from other leg work

I generally do endurance training in large concentrated blocks that contain multiple methods, so isolating the effect of a single training method is dififcult sometimes. It would probably substitute for larger quantities of LISS in terms of maintaining adaptations.

Also, reducing recovery time from more intense methods is not nothing. It means i can use those methods with higher frequency

I generally do endurance training in large concentrated blocks that contain multiple methods, so isolating the effect of a single training method is dififcult sometimes. It would probably substitute for larger quantities of LISS in terms of maintaining adaptations.

Also, reducing recovery time from more intense methods is not nothing. It means i can use those methods with higher frequency

So it's a LISS analogue ?
And use it in LISS / Cardiac Output / HR lowering block ?

When do you train this ?

During anaerobic training ( ~20 minute hard runs / hard skipping sessions etc)
Or during sprint training ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back