Heyman: Brock Lesnar was never in his ‘absolute physical peak’ during UFC run

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Lesnar was considered as a physical specimen by many during his UFC run. But according to his manager Paul Heyman, the recurring health problems became a deterrent for him to reach his full potential in the UFC, and in his previous ventures as an athlete.

“I would suggest that Brock is really now in his physical prime because he was robbed of reaching his full potential as an athlete in his 20’s and early 30’s by diverticulitis,” Heyman said on the Fight Society podcast (via FOX Sports). “If you look back at his career, by the time he was in the NCAA Division I wrestling championships, he was already suffering from diverticulitis.”

“His body, which was so fine tuned and he had done so much to train his body to accomplish the goals he had envisioned for himself, his body was suppressing and using up so much energy and so much of his strength and his ability to suppress the diverticulitis, and finally diverticulitis couldn’t be suppressed. He probably had it throughout his entire college career.”

“So you never saw him at his full potential in college,” he continued. “You never saw him at his full potential in his first run in WWE. He went into the Minnesota Vikings camp not only with the diverticulitis inside of his system but a broken jaw and a fractured pelvis, which he covered in the book that we wrote together and then you never saw him, not once did you see him in UFC at his absolute physical peak.”

The 39-year-old Lesnar made another MMA run last July at UFC 200. After winning a dominant unanimous decision verdict against Mark Hunt, results were overturned to a no contest when he tested positive for clomiphene, a banned substance.

In mid-February, Lesnar announced his retirement from MMA. But according to Heyman, those doors are not yet fully closed.

“I think what’s next for Brock Lesnar besides what’s happening in WWE, could it be UFC? Could it be another sport? I think it’s something that he’s going to look at and say ‘I bet no one thinks I can do that,” Heyman said. “All right, I’m going to conquer that.’”

“Besides obviously the greatest payday of his life, it’s the same thing that’s motivating [Conor] McGregor into wanting to fight [Floyd] Mayweather because … I’d have to say a great deal (is obviously) the lure of the enormous payday but a lot of it (is also) the lure of ‘you know what people don’t think I can (beat Mayweather) … and I can!”

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/3/28/15083812/ufc-brock-lesnar-paul-heyman-mma-news

His physical peak isn't going to change the fact the man didn't like being punched in the face.

at his physical peak he still would have tapped fast to Frank, beat Couture, beat Frank with a tad bit more training and patience, lost to Cain, and eaten that knee from Overeem. so shrug.

but i certainly don't blame his friend & manager (or whoever this guy is) for putting the best spin on it all as possible. i do blame dumb fans for eating up spin every chance they get.

don't be a dumb fan.

idlbwlo.jpg

Brock vs Fedor

Coming soon

at his physical peak he still would have tapped fast to Frank, beat Couture, beat Frank with a tad bit more training and patience, lost to Cain, and eaten that knee from Overeem. so shrug.

but i certainly don't blame his friend & manager (or whoever this guy is) for putting the best spin on it all as possible. i do blame dumb fans for eating up spin every chance they get.

don't be a dumb fan.

I thought this was funny.

So he's suffered from the disease since he was 20 or so? Bullshit

So he wasn't at his physical peak while on steroids?

So best ever bork lazer = healthy tummy and a big bag of illegal perfomance enhancers. Got it.

Not like it would have made a difference. He had the issue solved back at UFC 200 and still had a boring fight.

So he's saying g he was in his peak vs hunt?

Makes no sense, guy sounds like he's selling something

Fighters can be so delusional, claiming they're always in their prime, no matter what age or low point they've reached in their career. It's either mental illness or dishonest marketing strategy.

steroids tho , dude is full of kaka

What are you trying to say that he could have outrun the beatings he received by having DV

Brock had to make the 265lb limit in the UFC so he couldn't roid to his heart and colon's content.

Lesnar was considered as a physical specimen by many during his UFC run. But according to his manager Paul Heyman, the recurring health problems became a deterrent for him to reach his full potential in the UFC, and in his previous ventures as an athlete.

“I would suggest that Brock is really now in his physical prime because he was robbed of reaching his full potential as an athlete in his 20’s and early 30’s by diverticulitis,” Heyman said on the Fight Society podcast (via FOX Sports). “If you look back at his career, by the time he was in the NCAA Division I wrestling championships, he was already suffering from diverticulitis.”

“His body, which was so fine tuned and he had done so much to train his body to accomplish the goals he had envisioned for himself, his body was suppressing and using up so much energy and so much of his strength and his ability to suppress the diverticulitis, and finally diverticulitis couldn’t be suppressed. He probably had it throughout his entire college career.”

“So you never saw him at his full potential in college,” he continued. “You never saw him at his full potential in his first run in WWE. He went into the Minnesota Vikings camp not only with the diverticulitis inside of his system but a broken jaw and a fractured pelvis, which he covered in the book that we wrote together and then you never saw him, not once did you see him in UFC at his absolute physical peak.”

The 39-year-old Lesnar made another MMA run last July at UFC 200. After winning a dominant unanimous decision verdict against Mark Hunt, results were overturned to a no contest when he tested positive for clomiphene, a banned substance.

In mid-February, Lesnar announced his retirement from MMA. But according to Heyman, those doors are not yet fully closed.

“I think what’s next for Brock Lesnar besides what’s happening in WWE, could it be UFC? Could it be another sport? I think it’s something that he’s going to look at and say ‘I bet no one thinks I can do that,” Heyman said. “All right, I’m going to conquer that.’”

“Besides obviously the greatest payday of his life, it’s the same thing that’s motivating [Conor] McGregor into wanting to fight [Floyd] Mayweather because … I’d have to say a great deal (is obviously) the lure of the enormous payday but a lot of it (is also) the lure of ‘you know what people don’t think I can (beat Mayweather) … and I can!”

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/3/28/15083812/ufc-brock-lesnar-paul-heyman-mma-news
Its cool to think such a superman could exist, but if he is such a physical freak, why did he cheat to enhance himself even more considering the cheating ended up delegitamizing his accomplishments in the eyes of most. What was the point of that? It certainly wasn't a very smart thing to do.

many athletes' careers were ended by injuries. Brock is lucky. at least he can still compete and use steroids

His colon was damaged from the same drug that made him big And strong, And world champion, so his prime without diverticulitis would be at Middleweight.

Back