Hey UFC just man up and solve that eyepoke problem

Just buy Bellator and use their gloves ;) A lot more difficult to extend fingers with them.

With UFC gloves you have to actively close your hand to not extend, with other mma gloves from several manufacturers you have to actively open the hand to extend fingers. A very very big difference.

d7ArXZk.jpg

This .. I was going to post the same thing

BUT YEAH THIS ... THIS RIGHT HERE

iT'S because the UFC doesn't want to give up their pride ( ha ha ) and admit that their gloves suck.
They don't want to admit the competitor has better equipment and switch over to a different style .

It would be pretty quick & easy. Maybe that awesome fighter's union should request it ?

I agree TS that eyeholes are an issue and a fairly easy fix: change gloves to PRIDE style gloves and hold the refs to account. No warnings - it's a point deduction.

I do think with the UFC gloves a lot of eye pokes are unintentional.

Rogan has been bitching about this for years - it's actually surprising it continues with no real interest in changing anything.

Snap the finger, walk away.

It's on the refs. Who aren't employed by the ufc. It's known that points are almost never taken for any fouls, so why would the fighters change anything if they don't have to.
I agree, it's on the refs, they need to call this out more. After one verbal.warning for fingers out they should take a point, if an eye poke occurs they should seriously consider a point. Same for low blows. Even if they are somewhat accidental there needs to be some punishment. They are professionals and should be training to prevent these from happening.

Pretty easy fix for "intentional" pokes:

1st offense: deduct 10% of the fighters purse
2nd: deduct 20% of the purse, plus 1 point deducted from the fight
3rd: deduct 30% of the purse, another point deducted
4th: deduct 50% and auto DQ

Do that and people will learn extremely fast. And by "intentional" I mean pokes that the fighter can help, which is usually them sticking their fingers outward. Accidental pokes happen, but they should be determined by replay and the fighter given a warning to correct the technique.

Yes .........AND

its on the ufc. WHEN HAS DANA EVER SAID ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT EYEPOKES??????????

FUKN NEVER. His silence enables the eyepokers and lets the Refs off.... FUK-EM BOTH
It's not his job. They don't make the rules. The commissions do. They provide the refs too. You'd have a point if pokes, and even just extending the fingers, wasn't already against the rules.

There's already rules in place, they're just not being enforced.

I agree TS that eyeholes are an issue and a fairly easy fix: change gloves to PRIDE style gloves and hold the refs to account. No warnings - it's a point deduction.

I do think with the UFC gloves a lot of eye pokes are unintentional.

Rogan has been bitching about this for years - it's actually surprising it continues with no real interest in changing anything.

The glove design is horribly flawed. I can’t believe they’ve been using the same stupid gloves for 21 years. They’ve updated the cage, fight shorts, cameras, they can spend six figures to basically not change the logo, but they can’t be bothered to fix the gloves.

It's not his job. They don't make the rules. The commissions do. They provide the refs too. You'd have a point if pokes, and even just extending the fingers, wasn't already against the rules.

There's already rules in place, they're just not being enforced.

True Rules are In Place and they do NOT Enforce.

Dana? C'mon... HE speaks his mind too much at times.. WHY NOT ON THIS....? His Silence is Deafening Sir and for a reason

True Rules are In Place and they do NOT Enforce.

Dana? C'mon... HE speaks his mind too much at times.. WHY NOT ON THIS....? His Silence is Deafening Sir and for a reason
I don't think he really gives a shit, but who knows. He's never done much to address bad decisions either. Dana is a douche, I'll always agree with that. But the real question is why won't the refs enforce rules already in place.

Back