Hey girlfriend, who are the top3 GOAT of Kickboxing?

Tayski

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
You know you have a keeper when you randomly turn to your girlfriend and ask:

"Who do you think are the 3 greatest Kickboxers of all time? If you think about K-1, Glory, etc., strictly kickboxing, not Muay Thai".

And her answer is then:

"hmmmm I'd say Andy Hug, Peter Aerts, and ehmm that really tall guy...hmm Semmy Schilt!"

Fellow sherdogers of this subforum, my mind is officially blown :D

ps: I never told her who I in my opinion are the GOATs of Kickboxing (IMO it's Semmy Schilt, Ernesto Hoost and Peter Aerts).

But still can't fault her for saying Andy Hug :)

That's pretty bad ass. The best thing a girlfriend had done Kickboxing related to me was blow and ride me multiple times while I laid back and watched the entirety of the Glory 70kg Grand Slam tournament. She ended up being a hoe, go figure...

I wonder if Broadcast has found a girl that is as passionate about SUPERKOMBAT as he is.

You know you have a keeper when you randomly turn to your girlfriend and ask:

"Who do you think are the 3 greatest Kickboxers of all time? If you think about K-1, Glory, etc., strictly kickboxing, not Muay Thai".

And her answer is then:

"hmmmm I'd say Andy Hug, Peter Aerts, and ehmm that really tall guy...hmm Semmy Schilt!"

Fellow sherdogers of this subforum, my mind is officially blown :D

ps: I never told her who I in my opinion are the GOATs of Kickboxing (IMO it's Semmy Schilt, Ernesto Hoost and Peter Aerts).

But still can't fault her for saying Andy Hug :)

You can be a proud boyfriend!

I wonder if Yodsanan has found a girl that is as passionate about Takeru as he is

I wonder if JayMuayThai has found a girl that is as passionate about Sitsongpeenong as he is

I wonder if Snubnoze has found a girl that is as passionate about ladyboys as he is

I wonder if Snubnoze has found a girl that is as passionate about ladyboys as he is
Snub is dating a ladyboy. Some fella called "Sebastian Cock". Ill tell you something tho. Ladyboys are great at handjobs.

Schilt, Hoost and Aerts.
Are those 3 the kickboxing goats based off popularity or actual pound4pound skill? Like in some parallel universe if you could have those 3 in their primes against prime petrosyan, prime buakaw and sittichai at the same weight would they actually beat them?

Are those 3 the kickboxing goats based off popularity or actual pound4pound skill? Like in some parallel universe if you could have those 3 in their primes against prime petrosyan, prime buakaw and sittichai at the same weight would they actually beat them?
There has been a discussion about this already. Greatness doesn't seem to be the same as highest skill level.

pound4pound is bullshit. Schilt, Hoost and Aerts would destroy Petrosyan, Buakaw and Sittichai one after the other if they fought in an open weight tournament.

pound4pound is bullshit. Schilt, Hoost and Aerts would destroy Petrosyan, Buakaw and Sittichai one after the other if they fought in an open weight tournament.

Thais usually did pretty well in k1 heavyweight and none of them were as good under kickboxing rules as Sittichai/Buak or Petro

Thais usually did pretty well in k1 heavyweight and none of them were as good under kickboxing rules as Sittichai/Buak or Petro

No Thai has ever gone far in K-1 Heavyweight, they just don't have the genetic build for it. My point is that Buakaw and Petrosyan are legends of 70kg, but they'd get KO'd by any of the top heavyweights for obvious reasons.

Fights with rules are bullshit, these heavyweights don't stand a chance against people with guns.

No Thai has ever gone far in K-1 Heavyweight, they just don't have the genetic build for it. My point is that Buakaw and Petrosyan are legends of 70kg, but they'd get KO'd by any of the top heavyweights for obvious reasons.

If the sport had no weight classes that argument would make sense, because then every fighter would try to get bigger in order to be competitive, but now fighters actively try to stay at a certain weight class. Dominating the most stacked divisions is more impressive than doing well in a few-man-division imo.

If the sport had no weight classes that argument would make sense, because then every fighter would try to get bigger in order to be competitive, but now fighters actively try to stay at a certain weight class. Dominating the most stacked divisions is more impressive than doing well in a few-man-division imo.

I don't disagree with that, however when the sport had no weight classes (i.e. the old school K-1 days) that's what people were doing, getting bigger in order to be competitive.

Buakaw and Petrosyan could try getting as big as they want, I can't imagine them doing any well against the likes of Hoost, Schilt, Aerts, Le Banner, Hari etc.

Fights with rules are bullshit, these heavyweights don't stand a chance against people with guns.

You're really missing the point here. I don't see what's wrong with admitting that being physically bigger is a massive advantage in a fight even under the rules you're the best at. There's a reason Bob Sapp managed to beat Hoost twice, it's not because he's a skilled fighter...

Back