Heroin addiction cure in the making.

They would because their bodies wont be able to process heroin at all, so they will shoot up but their brains wont react to it.

And when they're in withdrawal, they will go to the next readily-available opiate to sate their addiction. Potentially shit like fentanyl.

That's cool if true, but it seems that it blocks the high, which we can do by physically preventing the heroine in rehab or similar

I think the more effective "vaccine" would be something to block the withdrawals, thats what drives people back or to other drugs that reduce the suffering. I.e. Get piss drunk so you don't feel the withdrawal as bad
Not really, the problem is relapsing, addicts won't return to it if it gives them no effect. Withdrawals are the short term problem.

The Illuminati will hide it from us

lol, gimme a call when you can eliminate withdrawals or reverse dependency. Sounds like more a vaccine than a cure, and no one is going to take the heroin vaccine.

And when they're in withdrawal, they will go to the next readily-available opiate to sate their addiction. Potentially shit like fentanyl.

Yes, but at least the heroin trade will be fucked up.

lol, gimme a call when you can eliminate withdrawals or reverse dependency. Sounds like more a vaccine than a cure, and no one is going to take the heroin vaccine.

If you eliminate the high you eliminate the withdrawal.

The withdrawal is your body responding to a high.

If you eliminate the high you eliminate the withdrawal.

The withdrawal is your body responding to a high.

I guess, but would that apply for a long-time user?

Becuase heroin is one of the most destructive drugs out there?

Coincidentally, my morning of calls and texts began at 6am due to this exact thing. My mom is visiting from out of state. My brother is a heroin addict, liar, and thief who has cleaned her out and destroyed her home. Lately he's been passing bad checks and his apprehension has become a top priority for local law enforcement. SWAT entered her house today but unfortunately he wasn't around. (Presumably) thanks to the neighbors and my sister no harm came to her two pit bulls. Sweet little pups that they are.

Well even if they don't shoot up heroine, they're going to take whatever they can get their hands on that will help with the suffering of withdrawal

As has been pointed out, the withdrawal is short term and without the appeal of the high there is no incentive for the junkie to return to the drug post vaccination. I'm sure some will then find comfort in other substances and I'm sure some will return to more normal lives.

The researchers of The Scripps Research Institute announced a vaccine that has the effect of blocking the high from heroin.

That is not a cure, that's taking away the only good thing from heroin.
I thought they found a way to make Heroin healthy and not addictive so you can shoot up whenever you like without any negative consequences whatsoever.
That's what I would call a cure.
I already had my syringe ready.

Yes, you cant physically get addicted if your brain stops reacting to heroin.

But if you're already addicted, won't your body and brain crave that reaction? I just smoke weed once in a while, I'm honestly curious.

But if you're already addicted, won't your body and brain crave that reaction? I just smoke weed once in a while, I'm honestly curious.
Probably. Your brain receptors are already fucked up, there is no turning back.

Arent most addictions just temporary?

If you're addicted, and heroine no longer works, don't they just try to find another drug to get high on?

How much does this help anything in your opinion Rod?

People, a lot of the time, stay with the drug they're addicted to. If you look at crack, there are tons of users who have been taking it for decades. Crack has been systematically diluted at a steady rate. People are paying more for crappier crack, but they're addicted to it, and instead of pivoting towards heroin or meth, many simply take the crappy crack, no matter how dilute it actually gets.

So if someone is craving a high and is vaccinated against heroin, what stops them from finding a replacement opiate?

So if someone is craving a high and is vaccinated against heroin, what stops them from finding a replacement opiate?
They're going to work on other vaccines that target other opiates. My guess is money and accessibility, pills are expensive and weaker than heroin from what I understand (Which is why we have a heroin/fentanyl problem today)

They're going to work on other vaccines that target other opiates.

And when someone needs surgery or breaks their leg, they're just out of luck? This vaccine is not a panacea for the opiate epidemic. It will be just another tool, if it ever even makes it to the market.

This vaccine is meant to take before you try heroin. Once you do try, it will feel like nuffin.

We need to lock all people in padded rooms so nobody has any chance of doing anything that in any remotely way can negatively affect themselves.

Back