Here's your Dem memo

TapoutforSprawl

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
http://docs.house.gov/meetings/ig/ig00/20180205/106838/hmtg-115-ig00-20180205-sd002.pdf

Warning, pdf file

Haven't read it myself, I hear it's heavily redacted though.

Hmm...

d7elRBV.png

Last edited:
Theres more content on a lil wayne mp3 over the public airways than this memo.

Dude seems a little shook to me.

"You will see a lot of interesting things that sound really bad like a lot of things with this Russia investigation over the course of this past year... but what you're not gonna see is anything that rejects what was in our memo".

Last edited:
Theres more content on a lil wayne mp3 over the public airways than this memo.
The memo is ten pages long, contains numerous references to the record, and the excerpt posted by TS is the most heavily redacted section.

"You will see a lot of interesting things that sound really bad like a lot of things with this Russia investigation over the course of this past year... but what you're not gonna see is anything that rejects what was in our memo".

Just read the memo and Nunes's claim is a boldfaced lie.

"DOJ provided additional information through multiple independent sources that corroborated Steele's reporting, including {redacted citation directly to FISA applications}"

"Far from 'omitting' material facts about Steele, as the {Nunes Memo} claims, DOJ repeatedly informed the Court about Steele's background, credibility, and potential bias . . . the fact of and reason for his termination as a source . . and the likely political motivations of those who hired Steele."

"The FBI properly noticed the FISC after it terminated Steele as a source for making unauthorized disclosures to the media."

"The {Nunes Memo} asserts that the FBI has "separately authorized payment' to Steele for his research but neglects to mention that payment was cancelled and never pmade . . . Steele never received payment from the FBI for any dossier-related information."

"{Nunes's Memo} falsely claims that the FISA materials 'relied heavily' on a September 23, 2016 Yahoo! News article by Michael ISikoff and that this article 'does not corroborate the Steel e Dossier because it is derived from material leaked by Steele himself.' In fact, DOJ referenced Isikoff's article, alongside another article the Majority fails to mention, not to corroborate Steele's reporting, but instead to inform the Court of Page's public denial of his suspected meetings in Moscow . . . "

Last edited:
My favorite lines from the Dem memo: “ Steele’s reporting was confirmed by multiple independent sources, including [sources named]”

You know what that means:

The memo is ten pages long, contains numerous references to the record, and the excerpt posted by TS is the most heavily redacted section.

I was shocked to learn that Trump not only paid to have those hookers piss on the Obama's bed but insisted each one eat a big bowl of cream of asparagus soup first. That was just straight up nasty.

trumps coordinated campaign with nunes completely failed to discredit Mueller and lay the ground work to fire him. What a disaster.

This guy is such an amateur. I still don't get how the GOP trusts him with the intelligence committee.

Lets all wait for the rebuttal rebuttal before we jump to conclusions.

lmao @ this being what the dems wanted released. It's as if they aren't even pretending to be competent anymore. This has to be some sort of Republican subterfuge.

Lets all wait for the rebuttal rebuttal before we jump to conclusions.

Why stop there. Let's just cut to the chase and say we need to all hold our judgement until the democrats finally put their heads out of their asses ans formulate a strategy that somehow disguises the gross negligence and incompetence of the FBI (rivaled only by the dem party itself) while simultaneously making it look like Russia won the election for Trump.

Wait... that'll never happen you say because it's candyland levels of make-believe..... well that's a perfect outcome for dem's then.

lmao @ this being what the dems wanted released. It's as if they aren't even pretending to be competent anymore. This has to be some sort of Republican subterfuge.
Did you read the thing? It is a point for point rebuttal of everything Nunes implied about Carter Page and Steele. How could it have been better, from a Democrat point of view?

I’m curious to know what information would have satisfied you as a GOOD reply to the Nunes memo if this wasn’t it.

I don’t think you’ll have an (coherent) answer.

A Saturday night document release???

You’re a political lightweight if you don’t immediately realize what that timing means.

A Saturday night document release???

You’re a political lightweight if you don’t immediately realize what that timing means.
The declassification/redaction determination is by the executive. The timing of when it was declassified is therefore on the Trump administration. The dems submitted the memo to be released nearly a month ago, and it is labelled January 2018. You even made two threads in which this was discussed.

Did you read the thing? It is a point for point rebuttal of everything Nunes implied about Carter Page and Steele. How could it have been better, from a Democrat point of view?

I’m curious to know what information would have satisfied you as a GOOD reply to the Nunes memo if this wasn’t it.

I don’t think you’ll have an (coherent) answer.

Easy. No matter how hard the dems try, they can't spin the Nunes memo because it's so obviously true. Here's a hint: if you find yourself trying to defend the FBI and/or you find yourself unable to admit that there is CLEAR ineptitude, malfeasance, corruption and incompetence at the FBI then you're purposefully ignoring reality. If you're not doing it on purpose then you're just a moron.

FFS, take the politics out of it for a second. Are you aware that the FBI would have stopped 17 people from dying in a school if the FBI had even semi-competent people in its ranks? WTF. I can't wait for that NCAA investigation to get finalized though, that's a real hum-dinger. Think of all the lives that will be saved from an investigation of dipshits throwing a ball around while other dipshits watch. Before you argue that the FBI can do two things at once, reality shows that they can't. Even so, if it becomes clear that they had competent people on the NCAA case then that should enrage everyone even MORE. It wouldn't though because 1. that's not likely to be the case and 2. if that is the case and you're not even more upset then your a partisan dipshit that puts lives over admitting that we have at least one institution in this country that is so fucked no one knows how to clean it up.

Back