Here's the reason why Stipe Miocic Took the belt from Dana and gave it to his coach

It's a petty move. That's what I expect to see on one of those all female reality shows.

Take the win. Take the HW record. Call it a day. All the other extra stuff is acting like a female.

Dana is beyond furious. I reckon he trashed his office after the fight

His ripped shredded 8 pac superhero titan got his ass whooped by a fireman and paramedic, who is a part time fighter.

As Stipe said in his own words.. while Ngannou is training like a mad man at the UFC performance center, I am cutting my grass and mowing the lawn.

Dana saying last night

"Francis took two weeks off at the end of camp, and nobody knew why" throws out some random dumb shit comment to make an excuse. WTF was that shit?

Stipe has been knocking out everyone too. He is very marketable to me. Fireman and HW champ. He is a blue collar peoples champ type..
Stipe is marketable within reasonable parameters if the UFC makes the effort. Stipe is a an elite fighter and a likable good guy. GSP is a similar good guy with lots of fans, but once GSP got sideways with the UFC and Dana, they went out of their way to crap on GSP despite his being one of the best all-time UFC draws and the WW GOAT. Stipe isn't the showman that McGregor is, but the guy shows up to work and delivers. The other guy is a clown and holding the entire 155 division hostage. That is the thanks the UFC gets for giving that turd all the breaks and short-cuts.

Stipe is marketable within reasonable parameters if the UFC makes the effort. Stipe is a an elite fighter and a likable good guy. GSP is a similar good guy with lots of fans, but once GSP got sideways with the UFC and Dana, they went out of their way to crap on GSP despite his being one of the best all-time UFC draws and the WW GOAT. Stipe isn't the showman that McGregor is, but the guy shows up to work and delivers. The other guy is a clown and holding the entire 155 division hostage. That is the thanks the UFC gets for giving that turd all the breaks and short-cuts.

The main thing to me is

"Put on exciting fights and fight the best" Stipe has been finishing everyone. And last night was an amazing performance IMO. The best of his career. Francis is a freight train of power, who was bigger than Stipe. Stipe dominated all aspects of the fight and it was a GSP esque route on the cards.. Beautiful fight..

Dana saying last night

"Francis took two weeks off at the end of camp, and nobody knew why" throws out some random dumb shit comment to make an excuse. WTF was that shit?
Yeah that was beyond pathetic. Francis took 2 weeks to go to Paris to train?? really Dana well let me tell you something.. Stipe was working a full time job 2 weeks before as he is not a full time fighter and never has been. LMAO.

Dana saying last night

Yep, those were the first words out of Dana's mouth during the interview. The excuse truck had arrived and was dropping off excuses...

dana wants his champs to promote conor style. it would be smart for them to do that and earn much extra $ with star power.

but respect to the guys who just wanna be themselves

Yeah that was beyond pathetic. Francis took 2 weeks to go to Paris to train?? really Dana well let me tell you something.. Stipe was working a full time job 2 weeks before as he is not a full time fighter and never has been. LMAO.
159.gif

I always liked Stipe but he does a disservice to himself. You don't have to be Conor, but you do need to be mindful of how you present yourself when you are the center of attention.

Look at guys like Randy Couture or GSP. Neither one was a brash shit talker but they both got huge pushes being themselves and being respectful. Stipe could be the same thing. Just a few easy steps.

1. Practice talking so people can actually understand you. Talk slower and more clearly. Can't understand a fucking word he says during fight interviews.

2. Get on the MAGA train. If Stipe came out wearing a MAGA hat wrapped in an American flag to represent middle america and cleveland, he would be huge. He doesn't have to change anything about his persona. Just be that hardworking middle american firefighter that works hard and is relatable to a large part of the country.

3.. Play up the croat side of things. Bring out a double flag like Tito used to do for Mexico/USA, or some croat branded stuff. Easy way to get more people behind you. Country is such an easy way to bring people together. Look at the brazilian stars, Conor with Ireland, Bisping and UK, Hunt and Aus, etc. It works.

No need to shit talk, no need to be fake. Just some careful work about how you speak and magnify your best attributes.

Stipe should be fucking Rocky Alboa, but instead hes a dead draw.

Stipe made a fan of me this weekend. I was on the fence and bought a bit of the Ngannou hype. I always fall for Dana's shenanigans.

This is why I love Stipe. People always talk about the Diaz brothers being badasses and stuff like that, and they are, but seriously, how can you not say that someone like Stipe isn't a total badass himself? The guy didn't get on the mic, or shoot his mouth off in a bunch of pre-fight interviews about being disrespected when he clearly was, he just got in the gym worked his ass off and showed up on fight night and handled his damn shit! He's totally blue collar and a throwback to when men were men and handled their shit without complaining or the fanfare of a bunch of sycophants. WAR STIPE!

Possible quote of the year.

wish stipe woulda knew dana said that and responded with this

thats funny as fuck tho as a comeback

If you are promoting the UFC, the type of fighter that Ngannou is is more marketable, it's as simple as that.

Nothing against Stipe, he's a very good mma fighter, but that performance was boring on a level not seen since Randy Couture held fuckers up against the cage for 25 minutes at a stretch.
Dominantly boring AF.

So promotion over sport? Now we wwe? Fuck ufc then

So promotion over sport? Now we wwe? Fuck ufc then
they want it to be WWE....they're WME era-Mcgregor era fans

i wanna see the best fighters fight the best not a circus show - if they dont respect what stipe's doing their a lost cause

dude had like 6 straight knockout finishes and has 14 finishes in 18 fights and theirs bitches on here complaining because he won by decision

they want it to be WWE....they're WME era-Mcgregor era fans

i wanna see the best fighters fight the best not a circus show - if they dont respect what stipe's doing their a lost cause

dude had like 6 straight knockout finishes and has 14 finishes in 18 fights and theirs bitches on here complaining because he won by decision

So many people that claim to be fans simply are not fans. In this new era of so-called fans anytime somebody has a tough fight, that means the next guy is going to kick your ass or you are not really that great. In reality every great all-time fighter in boxing or mixed martial arts has had a lot of tough fights.

Dana is a fight promoter.
Stipe is hard to promote.
Dana likes Conor because Conor has the "it" factor and doesn't need promoting.
Ngannou has a great back story and seems like a very cool guy.
Nothing against Stipe, but business is about making money.
Plus, the UFC needs to eventually crack Africa.
Put on ot simple DFW wants to the fighters to work their own promotions...

That was pretty comical. Dana didn't know how to react.

I don't know why the UFC has such a shitty relationship with most of its fighters.
Maybe that's the way to run this business, I don't know. But it's weird.

Back