Here's How The GSP Vs Bisping Fight Will Go Down

ufc announces 5 round main event fights 5 yrs ago.
gsp retired 4 yrs ago.

get it now?

Crash-and-burn.jpg

This is a tough hill for GSP to climb after a long layoff. He jumping up a weight class against a much larger man with good boxing and great TDD. It may be the biggest challenge of his career, and he's coming off a long period of inactivity. This may be one and done for GSP, but he will make a good sum of money in the process. Georges is a competitor and he may surprise me, but I have a difficult time coming to that conclusion given the circumstances.

This is a tough hill for GSP to climb after a long layoff. He jumping up a weight class against a much larger man with good boxing and great TDD. It may be the biggest challenge of his career, and he's coming off a long period of inactivity. This may be one and done for GSP, but he will make a good sum of money in the process. Georges is a competitor and he may surprise me, but I have a difficult time coming to that conclusion given the circumstances.

GOATs don't fear climbing hills when they're used to climbing walls.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3097-1381923339-22.gif

For GSP to come back after a 4 year lay off in one of the fastest growing sports in the world, at 36 years old, after an ACL surgery, and he looked like shit in his last fight against someone who is currently 1-5 in his last 5 fights; and then go through all that to beat the champion of a larger weight division you have never fought in is very hard to believe. Is it possible? Yes, however everything seems to be stacked against GSP.

Yet again, Bisping has also not fought in over a year and in his last fight his face got reconstructed by a 46 year old dan hednerson; and hendo who doesn't have the best cardio (especially at 46) was still able to stay in there and not get finished by bisping. A tired hendo was even able to get a takedown on bisping I think in the 5th round. Given. GSP doesn't have the same power as dan henderson but GSP still has a shot.

If this was 4-5 years ago GSP wins without a shadow of a doubt, however now it seems like all the chips are stacked against him. I hope GSP wins, and if he does it would be an incredible feat. I sort of wish we saw GSP vs anderson as a tune up fight at MW. It makes sense, Silva is still tanked top 10 at MW and they are both old.

GSP hasn't fought in four years, apparently he has still trained (although unsure how often, what intensity or was he sparring) & training & fighting are different beasts. Even before he retired he had clearly slowed down & took far more damage in his last couple of fights than the rest of his career combined.

Bisping being the natural MW (who has competed at LHW) is going to have the advantage of being comfortable fighting at 185 whilst I think the additional weight is going to affect GSP, plus The Count is used to facing bigger & stronger fighters.

Bisping's stamina advantage also shouldn't be overlooked, I think he takes this & rather easily.

Bisping will enter the ring confidently.

giphy.gif

GSP will analyze him.

giphy.gif

Then GSP will do wahthever he wants wehenever he wants....

He will punch when he wants.

tumblr_mb0te4E86p1ry1rm7o2_400.gif

He will takedown when he wants.

gsp-textbook-takedown_zps3b2b1e23_medium.gif

And he will hump when he wants

UFC79-GSPXMattHughes-R1-2-BreakBodyLock-400-sg.gif

Then a new champion will be crowned.

200.webp

And the old MW champion will be history.

giphy.gif

You're welcome.
Someone gets it it's gonna be a boring fight crowd is gonna boo Gsp gonna get the takedown beginning of the fight

For GSP to come back after a 4 year lay off in one of the fastest growing sports in the world, at 36 years old, after an ACL surgery, and he looked like shit in his last fight against someone who is currently 1-5 in his last 5 fights; and then go through all that to beat the champion of a larger weight division you have never fought in is very hard to believe. Is it possible? Yes, however everything seems to be stacked against GSP.

Yet again, Bisping has also not fought in over a year and in his last fight his face got reconstructed by a 46 year old dan hednerson; and hendo who doesn't have the best cardio (especially at 46) was still able to stay in there and not get finished by bisping. A tired hendo was even able to get a takedown on bisping I think in the 5th round. Given. GSP doesn't have the same power as dan henderson but GSP still has a shot.

If this was 4-5 years ago GSP wins without a shadow of a doubt, however now it seems like all the chips are stacked against him. I hope GSP wins, and if he does it would be an incredible feat. I sort of wish we saw GSP vs anderson as a tune up fight at MW. It makes sense, Silva is still tanked top 10 at MW and they are both old.
I agree the odds are stacked against him but i feel like that is the point. He is pulling a Conor taking a fight with huge reward almost no risk and I say that as a gsp fan.

Built in excuse if he loses. Now I must go sit in the corner in shame for bringing up McNugget in a thread that has nothing to do with him :(

-johnny Hendricks retired gsp with an bloody-faced asswhoopin. ......hendricks ffs!
let that sink in.

Dude. That Johny Hendricks was cartoon style one-punch KO'ing top 10 veterans.

In the first round.

Context matters.

Wouldnt be shocked if it looked like the Cung Le fight and GSP is just all beat to shit in the fourth

Unfortunately I have the same feeling. Difference is GSP's an incredible MMA wrestler, which Cung most certainly wasn't. However; the 4 year lay off, not to mention 2nd ACL surgery during said lay off, combined with the size disparity and Bisping's TDD and cardio might be enough that he's still able to put a real hurting on him.

GSP has shown he's capable of taking a lot of punishment and still doing what he needs to do to get the W though, so here's hoping. Really nervous for this fight, but always am for the ones I'm most excited about.

Maybe, but I can also see Bisping winning.

Wouldnt be shocked if it looked like the Cung Le fight and GSP is just all beat to shit in the fourth

Honestly expecting it to look a lot like that fight. GSP is even built like Cung Le at this point

Back