Here's how different boxing gyms can be...

This is advanced/competitors group, not beginners. Head instructor told me that the gym was a slaughter house before he took over. People knocked out left right and center. No structure.

Still for beginners, is best to do some kind of games, which are basically sparring with restricted rules. Like one guy has to block with just one hand, and other guy can only throw jabs. Those kinds of games really keep people interested.

Still for beginners, is best to do some kind of games, which are basically sparring with restricted rules. Like one guy has to block with just one hand, and other guy can only throw jabs. Those kinds of games really keep people interested.

The lower level classes were dreadful boxercises. I wouldn't take them. Then again, I'm not a beginner learning to put one foot in front of the other.

Gym 1 costs 262.2 dollars a year

Gym 2 costs
183.3632 dollars a year

Gym 2 has more merited fighters. Gym is however much much smaller. But who cares. They got a ring and some heaby bags. What more can you ask for
tenor (4).gif

The lower level classes were dreadful boxercises. I wouldn't take them. Then again, I'm not a beginner learning to put one foot in front of the other.

Maybe you are this once in a lifetime talent but if not this attitude is wrong in every way.
Advanced pro boxers even train the basics all the time again and again. I once saw a video with Usyk doing very basic 1-2 "beginner" and footwork drills for a whole training session. I guess we will soon see some real sparring footage in august if what you write is correct.

And 180$/year has to be a nonprofit boxing gym. No way they could survive otherwise. But thats not a knock against their quality. Some great nonprofit gyms around.

Maybe you are this once in a lifetime talent but if not this attitude is wrong in every way.
Advanced pro boxers even train the basics all the time again and again. I once saw a video with Usyk doing very basic 1-2 "beginner" and footwork drills for a whole training session. I guess we will soon see some real sparring footage in august if what you write is correct.

And 180$/year has to be a nonprofit boxing gym. No way they could survive otherwise. But thats not a knock against their quality. Some great nonprofit gyms around.

They have a female world champion.

The coach said based on my background, which includes a season of boxing, and three and a half years of "TKD kickboxing", that I don't belong in those lower level classes that amount to boxercises

Cardio is the most important aspect of boxing, period. Most amateur boxers won’t do the conditioning necessary to achieve the goals they put forth for themselves.

That being said, plenty of coaches will hide behind conditioning drills because they lack the technical understanding to run a systematic approach to a boxing program.

i watched first hand as David benevidez worked on his jab with his trainer for 35+ minutes before doing abs and conditioning.

They have a female world champion.

So what? Holly Holm was a world champion boxer and her boxing was dogshit.
Considering that the gym is letting you into the advanced group when you don't even know what a proper stance is, yeah...

View attachment 382989
Start sooner, you won't be young forever and one day you won't be able to train like you can now.

Its the other way around. The gym has to prepare for spacetimes arrival just like with the Royal Wedding this weekend. You CANT do this without proper preparation.

Red carpet is ordered but they still have to produce the new gym advertisements with spacetime and need more security to keep the fans in check.

The choosen one will arrive

1TpR.gif

Last edited:
Its the other way around. The gym has to prepare for spacetimes arrival just like with the Royal Wedding this weekend. You CANT do this without proper preparation.

Red carpet is ordered but they still have to produce the new gym advertisements with spacetime and need more security to keep the fans in check.

The choosen one will arrive

1TpR.gif
Blank+_b8a278366f8f507058ca0a2305880093.gif

Sparring is the best way to learn. Its a lot of more fun than conditioning, and sparring is a form of conditioning. The fact you get to have fun right at the beginning means you will likely come back.

Disagree

Hi FAN! LOL.....I still remember that. True story too. One of my main inspirations to train extensively with blades due to that incident.
everyone believes you and no one thinks you’re full of shit.

It was a bit like a buffé table with the coach presenting his fighters and their resume for me.

Spacetime wants the toughest guy always.

Back