Here's A Woman Who "Gets It" About Fat Shaming

I'm gonna need to see pics of mom before I make an informed decision.

<{ohyeah}>
She said she is "slim and a size 10". Size 10 is not slim...Other than that, I agree with her completely. Especially the part about role models.

She's scared to let her children be around fat people.

She's retarded and overbearing and her children will probably end up being bad at life.
Role models are a thing you know, and why would you want a healthy child looking up to obese person as a role model?

That's a hilariously inept equivalence.
Uh, no it's not. You're talking about addictive behavior in both cases. I fail to see how that's a false equivalence. Both are addicted to chemical compounds. The fatty is addicted to: sugar, salt, fat, etc. The heroine addict is addicted to heroine. Both will kill you.

I dont know if I believe that. I think a lot of it is genetic. I eat pretty shitty but I work out and am yoked so I wouldn't know.

As a obese person, I disagree with you. Most do eat like shit because they don't give a shit. As I have posted elsewhere, I only recently started giving a shit for this very reason. I wanted to be a be a better role model for my children, I wanted to be able to play with them, and do active, fun things. So, I am kicking ass and in time I will be able to burn all my cloths and pictures like the cleansing of a plague.

As a obese person, I disagree with you. Most do eat like shit because they don't give a shit. As I have posted elsewhere, I only recently started giving a shit for this very reason. I wanted to be a be a better role model for my children, I wanted to be able to play with them, and do active, fun things. So, I am kicking ass and in time I will be able to burn all my cloths and pictures like the cleansing of a plague.
Oh. Well I was giving you fatties the benefit of the doubt but I guess I was wrong. Good on you for giving a shit and hopefully you can lose the weight.

Role models are a thing you know, and why would you want a healthy child looking up to obese person as a role model?

Not everyone in your life is supposed to be a rule model.

If you don't have parents that model good behaviour or someone else to step in to that role then you're pretty much fucked unfortunately.

Uh, no it's not. You're talking about addictive behavior in both cases. I fail to see how that's a false equivalence. Both are addicted to chemical compounds. The fatty is addicted to: sugar, salt, fat, etc. The heroine addict is addicted to heroine. Both will kill you.

Drug addicts are known to be psychologically unstable and are prone to criminality.

The two things aren't remotely comparable on this context, and I feel stupid even answering this point.

But does that really apply? She didn't yell or berate the nursery school attendant directly, she simply enrolled her kid into another place.

If it had been a private thing I would agree. But the mother made it public, which is an asshole thing to do.

A different case if you remember was the guy on the plane texting and complaining about a fat woman sitting next to him and she saw it and went on a rampage. In that instance he didn't do a thing and his insults were private, she just had to be snoopy bc she knew her size was an issue on the plane.

We are all assholes but privately, it's human nature. But it's human decency to have public ridicule over it which is what this woman here did. It's not like the teacher went out looking for it and published it herself like the plane lady.

Not everyone in your life is supposed to be a rule model.

If you don't have parents that model good behaviour or someone else to step in to that role then you're pretty much fucked unfortunately.

Drug addicts are known to be psychologically unstable and are prone to criminality.

The two things aren't remotely comparable on this context, and I feel stupid even answering this point.
You really haven't thought this through.. like at all. You're most likely a fatty looking to rationalize your addiction.

You really haven't thought this through.. like at all. You're most likely a fatty looking to rationalize your addiction.

I totally did not expect you to eventually resort to this one.

I've been called a lot worse than a fatty on here son.

You'll have to try harder to hurt my feelings.

Its scary to think that mom has a role in helping carve out the values of a future adult. If she feels like that she really shouldnt have kids. We have enough hatred in this world. She soulds like a Nazi wanting everyone to fall into a certain ideal

Yeah, I guess she is more comfortable letting a skinny drug addict watching over her child. I don't know the laws in the UK, but in the US, not many daycare centers drug test their employees.

Seriously?

I'm shocked it took him that long considering who he is and the tone of his posts. I would have expected him to open with that one.

This world is full of pussies. Shaming is what prevents us all from being fat fucks. When the shaming stops more fat fucks will become.

Oh. Well I was giving you fatties the benefit of the doubt but I guess I was wrong. Good on you for giving a shit and hopefully you can lose the weight.
While I appreciate the benefit of the doubt, most, me included, do not deserve it. I know what caused it, and why it lasted so long. Entirely my own fault. So now I have the hardest thing I will ever do.

Its scary to think that mom has a role in helping carve out the values of a future adult. If she feels like that she really shouldnt have kids. We have enough hatred in this world. She soulds like a Nazi wanting everyone to fall into a certain ideal

kinda like you are?

I like what she stands for although I wouldn't go as far as she did. I wouldn't want an obese person dealing with my child's food intake but supervising them wouldn't really be a problem.

The lady has a big set of low hangers for taking on the PC liberal fatties though.
I assure you this is not a partisan issue. Everyone hates morbidly obese people.

I've been called a lot worse than a fatty on here son.

You'll have to try harder to hurt my feelings.
So I was right then. You're trying to cope and rationalize your unhealthy lifestyle.

Seriously?

I'm shocked it took him that long considering who he is and the tone of his posts. I would have expected him to open with that one.

No not seriously.

We're you asking seriously? Or putting a sarcasm on my sarcasms?

So I was right then. You're trying to cope and rationalize your unhealthy lifestyle.

I'll take you stooping to derping about how I must be a fatty as a concession that your previous argument was ridiculous.

No not seriously.

We're you asking seriously? Or putting a sarcasm on my sarcasms?

I'll take you stooping to derping about how I must be a fatty as a concession that your previous argument was ridiculous.
The comparison between food addiction and drug addiction has been made ad nauseum for decades, if not longer. If you don't accept it, that's fine. But many of us non-fattys see drug addiction and obesity as very closely related. Keep up the cope and rationalization.

I love fat people. I don't understand why so many people hate them. Meh. People are people to me. It's their character that matters most. And no I'm not going to think they're less than because they can't put down the Cheetos.

I knew a lot of fat people growing up. I never chose any of them for role models. And tbh they were all shitty people. Seriously. I hated being around them because they were such asses lol. Just because those people are in your life doesn't mean you'll grow up to idolize them. And if a kid does, I doubt they're choosing their idols based on them being overweight. Actually, isn't the problem that young girls idolize very thin women, and then develop eating disorders? Fuck, people even complain about Barbie these days.

Back