Here is what I saw as a boxing guy

This fight wasnt supposed to be competitive at all. You guys are acting like bitchweather fought Ali or something. He shoyldve had his ass out in 2 or 3 rounds not 10.
<LikeReally5>

"pretty boy" floyd could, but not this floyd. put him against Canelo/GG/Pac and he will lose under 4 rounds.

I don't get this size thing. If u take Lesnar amd out him in a sanctioned bout with Floyd, Floyd would ko him. I do believe it was more fatigue than anything with better conditioning, he would have been able to protect himself better. Conor really needs to get a new cardio routine. Trash that McGregor fast shit. Just do running boxing sparring.
You don't get the size thing? Floyd isn't a one shot KO power puncher to start with and when you are significantly larger then your opponent you are more able to absorb their punches. Conor said Nate was better able to take his shots then the FWs he was used to crumbling with one shot and its one of the few things he said that was pure Bnllsh!t.

You don't get the size thing? Floyd isn't a one shot KO power puncher to start with and when you are significantly larger then your opponent you are more able to absorb their punches. Conor said Nate was better able to take his shots then the FWs he was used to crumbling with one shot and its one of the few things he said that was pure Bnllsh!t.
Nate Diaz spars boxers. His chin is just different. He got dropped, but never was close to being KOd. I dont think Diaz absorbing the punches had anything to do with his size, but rather his experience. 6 yrs ago, I dont even know who Conor was fighting. Mayweather was fighting championship boxers.

Nate Diaz spars boxers. His chin is just different. He got dropped, but never was close to being KOd. I dont think Diaz absorbing the punches had anything to do with his size, but rather his experience. 6 yrs ago, I dont even know who Conor was fighting. Mayweather was fighting championship boxers.
World champion 115 lb boxer takes on a mid level HW boxer. No way the little guy KOs him despite the skill gap. Size matters.

because conor was an 0 and 0 mixed martial arts fighter.

could you picture the same thing happening in mma or kickboxing?

Boxing is part of MMA, so they are familiar with it and most generally have decent boxing fundamentals. Unlike boxers who don't dabble with kicking or grappling. So I can't picture the same thing happening in MMA or kickboxing because the circumstances and situation is not the same.

Conor went 0-0 as a boxer, but has been fighting in MMA primarily as a striker for years now. He is going to have some sort of understanding in the striking department, granted of course not in the same level as boxers but he can hold his own. While boxers will not stand a chance in MMA because they don't kick or grapple in their sport and will be unfamiliar with the strikes.

ok so last night was fun. Drinking, watching the fight whatever the fuck

Anyways.

I saw conor come out really hard the first threeish rounds. Throwing a ton of punches ( a few blatantly illegal but eh, he was trying to win).

In those three rounds i watched floyd do, what he has done to every opponent he has ever had. Analyze. Sit back and let his opponent do his thing until floyd goes on the attack. I had conor up 2-1 after three ( i believe the judges had floyd ahead 2-1 on the cards)

Than.......it got embarrassing.

First off all I kept hearing was conors un-orthodox technique and how it was gonna give floyd problems.......I dont want to talk shit to much but cmon......he was god awful from a technique standpoint.

Second we all know about conors gassing problems but he looked fucking done in the middle of round 4. His technique was already pretty terrible but it was getting worse and worse as the fight went on.

Arms flailing, mouth open, chin up. And than from about rounds 4-10, floyd beat the absolute living shit out of him.

And than conor got stopped..... yes floyd is the best boxer since sweet pea, but still. He hasn't been considered a knockout artist since his days as a super featherweight, is 40 years old and has been retired for two years.....and conor looked about 20 pounds heavier.

Conors un orthodox technique....absolutely non existent. He looked awful.

Speaking as a conor fan in mma..........

Sorry guys. I see no moral victories here. As soon as floyd turned it on it was embarrassing and the skill gap was lunacy......waste of time imo
"But-but-but Conor's million$!"

Mayweather was a true Ring General last night. Conor-worshippers will never understand this.

I've literally never seen Floyd walk an opponent down, completely disrespecting his opponents power. Defense out the window, fuck it and walk forward. Which is pretty embarrassing since Conor is known for his power.

Any moral victory people think there is here, there isn't much of it.

Reading this thread, I doubt some posters have even found the torrent of the replay yet.

It took the self proclaimed best ever 10 rounds to put away an amateur.

Boxing purists were trying to say crazy shit like Conor wouldn't land a single punch.

Yes, Conor got schooled like virtually everyone assumed he would, but I think he did better than most thought he would.
He didn't do jack shit the way he said he would...he thought boxing is a sport he can dominate overnight. It's like a triathlete will suddenly dominate marathon....it's similar and different at the same time....yes he sold and hype up the fight because $$$ is involve...but that's where it ends...wolf tickets are sold...some people knew buying into it what they expect to happen. and then there are casuals who actually believed the hype....keep believing what you believe in but last night's fight should serve as a lesson...fighters may run their mouth but this was a little too far...

Anyways.

I saw conor come out really hard the first threeish rounds. Throwing a ton of punches ( a few blatantly illegal but eh, he was trying to win).

In those three rounds i watched floyd do, what he has done to every opponent he has ever had. Analyze. Sit back and let his opponent do his thing until floyd goes on the attack. I had conor up 2-1 after three ( i believe the judges had floyd ahead 2-1 on the cards)

First off all I kept hearing was conors un-orthodox technique and how it was gonna give floyd problems.......I dont want to talk shit to much but cmon......he was god awful from a technique standpoint.

Second we all know about conors gassing problems but he looked fucking done in the middle of round 4. His technique was already pretty terrible but it was getting worse and worse as the fight went on.

Arms flailing, mouth open, chin up. And than from about rounds 4-10, floyd beat the absolute living shit out of him.

And than conor got stopped..... yes floyd is the best boxer since sweet pea, but still. He hasn't been considered a knockout artist since his days as a super featherweight, is 40 years old and has been retired for two years.....and conor looked about 20 pounds heavier.

Sorry guys. I see no moral victories here. As soon as floyd turned it on it was embarrassing and the skill gap was lunacy......waste of time imo
Conor took a chance. He did good but gassed. The judges and ref were paid off though when everyone except tge "judges" had McGregor win the first 4 rounds. Even the "stoppage" was staged the ref seen a opportunity to call the fight and did. But he should have given Conor a standing 8 count if it was a regular boxer and not Conor they would have started a count. But we all knew the only way Conor was going to win was by ko and that the judges would rig it if it went to a decision.

World champion 115 lb boxer takes on a mid level HW boxer. No way the little guy KOs him despite the skill gap. Size matters.
If u take a 115lb boxer and put him in the ring with Brock Lesnar, or a 200lb black belt in bjj master under boxing rules, they'd get KOd. Boxers are conditioned to take punches. Conor is not a boxer.

I really don't get this. Conor was probably more gassed than hurt. So this is moot.

The only KO Floyd has in the last 10 years was the cheap shot against Ortiz....

Anyways.

Sticky this post plz

He didn't do jack shit the way he said he would...he thought boxing is a sport he can dominate overnight. It's like a triathlete will suddenly dominate marathon....it's similar and different at the same time....yes he sold and hype up the fight because $$$ is involve...but that's where it ends...wolf tickets are sold...some people knew buying into it what they expect to happen. and then there are casuals who actually believed the hype....keep believing what you believe in but last night's fight should serve as a lesson...fighters may run their mouth but this was a little too far...

I was saying all along that Mayweather would win easily, dumbass.

I was saying all along that Mayweather would win easily, dumbass.
da89166c5b569296e6fd5209142ef6a06129cb7c44a6f830b97962f7f759e1f1_1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back