Here is my big question: WHY are you Liberal, or Conservative

I'm liberal because I hate white men with money and enjoy pretending to care about shit to get validation on social media.

Hate white men with money? I hate myself?

People who spurn Jesus are always ready to tell Christians what Jesus would have done. Sometimes they are right, but not often.

Jesus was infuriatingly hard to nail down on political issues. Given the difficulty of knowing where he stood on the issues of his own day, it can be a bit arrogant to claim too certainly where he'd stand on the issues of our day. Jesus almost always talked about how individuals should live, and the moral and religious demands they should consider themselves internally beholden to rather than about the way society should be organized.

Personally, my Christianity informs my political positions, but almost always indirectly. I also know people with very different politics than my own who are fervent Christians. Ultimately, it's not a religion with strong political demands. I think center right and center left positions in the US both fir well enough with Christianity, but I see alt right and far left views as being much harder to reconcile with a biblical worldview.

this is kinda true.

but "give to him who would beg of you" is pretty clear, even given the inevitable translation screw ups. i dont even agree with that, but i find it odd that so many on the right claim to idolize jesus, but basically ignore such passages.

christianity is become identity politics. its been sucked into the machine. what jesus meant is now what republicans say he meant. nevermind events like the peasants war, where people recognized jesus as a spokesman for the poor, and killed for it. today that is very different.

lol. stop following the click bait, and you'll be less outraged.

Goddamn, a Cro Cop AV. He was one of the main reasons I joined this site. I honestly wish I could enjoy MMA like that again. I just can't anymore.

Goddamn, a Cro Cop AV. He was one of the main reasons I joined this site. I honestly wish I could enjoy MMA like that again. I just can't anymore.

mma did have some sort of a magical quality back in the early 2000's for me. im not sure whats changed. i still love it, but in a different way.

Can't join a party where the men think sucking dick is "progress" but inanimate objects like guns are scary. On top of the fact that the women like Rachel Maddow are tougher than your average man.

In other words, The Democratic party is a joke and full of fucking pussies, like the following:

@Trotsky @Rational Poster @Fawlty @Falsedawn @zebby23 @Hit-N-Run @luckyshot @Lowmanproblems @M3t4tr0n

Sounds like you just have lingering butthurt snowflake.

Stop tagging me you literally no one.

this is kinda true.

but "give to him who would beg of you" is pretty clear, even given the inevitable translation screw ups. i dont even agree with that, but i find it odd that so many on the right claim to idolize jesus, but basically ignore such passages.

christianity is become identity politics. its been sucked into the machine. what jesus meant is now what republicans say he meant. nevermind events like the peasants war, where people recognized jesus as a spokesman for the poor, and killed for it. today that is very different.

I view "give to him who asks of you" as an individual command. I follow it to the best of my ability, and have given more than many during my life. But it's not necessarily the same as developing a welfare system. I'm all for a social safety net as a matter of policy, but I feel commanded by Scripture to give to those around me who I know are in need. Not the same thing in my experience.

I know several good liberals who feel very good in their conscience about their political stances, but who have never visited a poor person's house with a few bags of groceries. So I think it cuts both ways.

As far as Christianity becoming identity politics, maybe it depends what church one attends, but I could scarcely agree less. Church is the one place I know people aren't judging me by race or sex or by political affiliation. Our commonality runs much deeper than those shallow things; it is founded on a mutual love and worship of Christ.

Jesus would also remind everyone that there are only 2 genders and marriage is between a man and a woman

He never married and seemingly never got laid in his thirty some odd years but did make sure he kicked it with a bunch of bros like all the time.

Sounds like your man was probably gay himself dude. Looks and rolls like that dude from queer eye for the straight guy.

He never married and seemingly never got laid in his thirty some odd years but did make sure he kicked it with a bunch of bros like all the time.

Sounds like your man was probably gay himself dude. Looks and rolls like that dude from queer eye for the straight guy.
Wow, edgy take. Christians btfo!

Jesus would also remind everyone that there are only 2 genders and marriage is between a man and a woman

Jesus certainly would not have approved of a homosexual lifestyle, but it's harder to say whether he would have approved of laws against homosexuality. His approach to problems of sin was internal rather than external, as he famously said: "First clean the inside of the cup and the plate, that the outside also may be clean."

I think a reasonable line was crossed theologically with the expansion of the definition of marriage to include homosexual marriage. It is extremely difficult to show that Jesus or his apostles would ever tolerate anything like this, because while they would tolerate various sinful lifestyles, they never legitimized them.

Well, I guess it’s because the democrat party I grew up with is dead.

Pretty much this

But in all honesty, once you grow up you realize everything isn’t free, and you gotta fend for yourself.

But in all honesty, once you grow up you realize everything isn’t free, and you gotta fend for yourself.
Unless you are a soy bean farmer in Idaho or a coal company WV. Then you get that sweet GOP teat.

But, yeah, if your a retarded kid with polio, you can get straight the fuck out of here with those pre-existing conditions. You get to fend for yourself.

I’m curious where anyone said life was fair

Open white nationalist racists support the Republican Party as do Christian bigots. I believe in affordable college for all, basic medical care for all, food and clean water for all and affordable housing for all.

I could never be a republican for all reasons stated above. I could also never get behind a president who admits to sexual assault, lies about everything, refuses to learn because he already “knows more than the generals”.

My goodness I could go on and on

How anyone with a working brain isn’t a Democrat or an independent is beyond me.

You just did.

Maybe you should look up the cost of college education and hospital visits before the government dipped their dickless incompetent hands into it. My grandmother saved her hospital bill from my dad's birth and it was a 6 day stay and a baby delivery for $24 and people went to college and paid the whole thing off with summer jobs just 40 years ago before these shitty government backed loans wrecked it and the price skyrocketed.

I'm a small government conservative because governments all over the world have shown over and over they are absolutely not to be trusted with power. My gf's grandfather had his farm confiscated and was sent to a gulag in siberia because he fed his family instead of handing over all his crops to the gov't. As a result, 6m Ukranians starved to death because all the other kulak farmers had the same.

These shit for brain pet projects hurt the people they claim to help. They had their "war on poverty" that has ripped apart the black family, boosted the single motherhood rate from very low to 75%, created a permanent underclass, a culture of dependence and neighborhoods full of crime. When has wallowing in misery and a victimhood complex ever helped anybody? It's cool, just leave it to a bunch of people you'll never meet, just give them control over every aspect of your life and they'll fix everything. Get the fuck out of here.

@Seano
How would you describe the Conservative solution to poverty?
He has no solutions, just a a vague sense that everything is the victim’s fault.

Es normal conservative.
I’m a conservative because I’m not a fucking moron...
Take an honest look through this thread (requires reading; hard, I know).

If you can HONESTLY tell me that the conservatives have articulated more substantive, intelligent, good faith arguments than the liberals, and indicate the post numbers to support this, I will let you name my sig.
I'm conservative because I have a brain.
Ditto.

Last edited:
Back