Here is a good angle of the knee.

It was a glancing blow... a partial, sliding shot... and ultimately an illegal shot.

I personally had no money on the fight and wasn't partial to either fighter so I have no bias.

Last edited:
Not the same knee, one got arm down. Romero hit perfect

It was a glancing blow... a partial connection... and ultimately an illegal shot.

I personally had no money on the fight and wasn't partial to either fighter so I have no bias. It's what I see.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

because it is no contact

Should be penalized regardless if it landed. Intention was illegal

because it is no contact

Was this no contact too?

giphy.gif

I've seen many glancing blows -- that didn't look as though they even connected -- cause the ol' wobbly dance.

Last edited:
I hear you about the knee, but am I the only one that noticed a few very hard elbows landed to the back of Emmets head? I noticed it clearly at the time and then again on the reply too. The commentators seemed to totally ignore it though

Yeah he attempted a "legal" knee. So why are you shocked he attempted it? If anything the rebound of the knee to Emmet's head could be debatable.

Lol. He attempted an illegal knee and luckily didn't connect like he intended. Once again, I'm very happy he won. I'm just baffled as to why he went for that knee. He was so close to getting DQed.

6026fb04cd291ceddb735992cc382544.gif

Should be penalized regardless if it landed. Intention was illegal

The intent to illegally strike his opponent was there, yes, but I disagree. Fouls are fouls regardless of if there was intent (think eye pokes and groin shots). Maybe they are more egregious if the intent is there, but that isn't what why we punish and determining if that intent is present would be incredibly difficult in many situations.

I realize this is not one of those situations as the knee attempted clearly was going to be illegal, but if we judge fouls by that standard you really start to muddy things up. Do we only take points when an illegal shot was intentional? How do we determine that on some of the more questionable situations?

I don't know if that makes sense, maybe not. But it seems like a slippery slope to go down.

Emmett ducked the knee.

He should have dodged the follow up punches.

after making this gif, ive decided it did land. not full on, but it did bounce off his head

its enough to file a protest....

if u really wanna get technical, it landed twice

tsAkZge.gif

This is what happens when you have shitty rules in a full combat sport like the UFC does.

Fedor is the GOAT.

from that angle it looks like his knee ricochets off his head behind Emmet's ear

Lol. He attempted an illegal knee and luckily didn't connect like he intended. Once again, I'm very happy he won. I'm just baffled as to why he went for that knee. He was so close to getting DQed.

6026fb04cd291ceddb735992cc382544.gif
Ill agree with you that a knee in that situation was random as fuck.

Back