Here in Canada we dont use guns for self defence

What is the point? It was a bizarre fairy tail.

It was in regards to someone making a crack about keeping our American guns on our side of the border. So he was pointing out how it went the other way in the past.

What is the point? It was a bizarre fairy tail.

I'm with you all the way and totally support your way of thinking.

But unfortunately there were many of these awful killing machines in Canada and there still are.

5TC0lmj.jpg

mxukkzN.jpg

More than a million restricted, prohibited guns in Canada

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/guns-firearms-restricted-canada-1.4129994

The 2nd amendment exists as protection from the government, not home invaders. You just need to look at the atrocities of the nazis or soviets to realize this is not tinfoil hat conspiracy.

How are we supposed to do that though, check every southbound vehicle prior to its entry into the United States? People already complain about how invasive TSA can be. Nevermind about how some places are trying (and rightly failing) to move towards automation.

We do the best job we can and invest the money required within reason.

When you cross a border you should expect to be delayed for security reasons. I have always prepared and aloted extra time when travelling because of it.

But unfortunately there were many of these awful killing machines in Canada and there still are.

5TC0lmj.jpg

mxukkzN.jpg

What seems to be the problem? Restricted and prohibited firearms are still registered, for all the "good" that does and even the CBC is quick to dismiss the alleged rise of prohibs to simple diaspora. Also, gotta love the fear mongering:

"The number of prohibited firearms in Canada, such as fully automatic guns, edged up 0.5 per cent to 183,333"

They want you to think that there are more legal full autos now in Canada, by virtue of printed chicanery, which is a blatant lie.

Dear Canadian

Control you border. If drugs were legal in Canada we don't have a right to bitch about them getting into the US. It would be our responsibility to control outr border.

Yours truly
The US. Land of the 2nd and 1st admenment.
Let freedom ring.
Meh.... we arguably have more freedom than the US. We have the largest undefended boarder in the world with the US. There is a problem with them getting into our country. Just like the US will have a problem with weed once legal this summer getting into yours. In fact a good portion of the booze during the prohibition was smuggled in from Canada to the US.

5TC0lmj.jpg

mxukkzN.jpg

It’s not a fairy tale to state the fact that when the ban hammer was coming down, owners figured they wouldn’t get to sell down the line and started pulling full auto parts, jumping the boarder and selling them off in the USA.

Funny thing is in the USA, a gun manufactered as a machinegun, even without ANY machinegun parts in it, is a machine gun always and forever (“once a machinegun always a machine gun”) which technically makes it so Canadians were dumping what the US government considers MGs on US soil. Even semi autos imported in Canada don’t have the necessary blocking bars or US spec receivers which makes them machine guns according to our BATFE. Does it matter, nope Canadians brought over some cool, rarer crap that we didn’t have a lot of examples of; is if a huge problem? Nope, it barely contributed to our 500 million or so firearms.

However if Camadians want to say “we have too many firearms coming from USA” it has worked both ways, is currently working both ways. But the same posters who keep saying Canada gets guns from the US deflect and say “America doesn’t have an illegal alien problem, it’s barely anybody coming over” can’t have it both ways

Look at South American countries. They have strict gun control and yet have dis-proportionally more gun deaths and homicides than even the worst places in the US.

Meh.... we arguably have more freedom than the US. We have the largest undefended boarder in the world with the US. There is a problem with them getting into our country. Just like the US will have a problem with weed once legal this summer getting into yours. In fact a good portion of the booze during the prohibition was smuggled in from Canada to the US.

I got no problem with our friends to then north and loved it ever tike I visited.

The idea of using reasonable force in a home invasion makes sense. E.g. when an armed intruder breaks into my house, threatens me, my wife and my young daughter, and in response I shoot him in the face, pretty sure most juries would acquit on the grounds that my family's lives were in danger. On the other hand, if it was some punk unarmed kid trying to steal some random shit, I probably shouldn't have carte blanche in deciding whether the kid lives or dies.

Sidenote for our friends south of the border: it's much less likely that the intruder has a gun than it would be in the US. In the case he does have a gun, I believe you are justified in responding accordingly with your own firearm, even if it leads to the intruder's death. You break into someone's property threatening with a gun, all bets are off. But I'm pretty sure most sane juries would agree with that anyway.

Because of stupid law in canada you have to bury intruders in your yard or risk getting an assault charge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back