Here in Canada we dont use guns for self defence

All ten of what? People? Guns? Gun shows, dude it was the 70s-80s and 90s the pre-internet days, until 1997 or so ALL American “gun shows” were cash and carry, tell me who in the 90s were parking their Canadian plated cars, just miles across the border selling guns from their trunks? Did someone with a sense of humour decide to steal a Canadian license plate to sell weapons in the USA?

You want proof, the only proof out there is anecdotal evidence from people who lived it, something along the lines of “prove to me someone can buy drugs” if you never bought or sold you go by word of mouth. Go join one of the many firearms community message boards out there and ask, truth is it happened, and after the dry spell in Surplus weaponry after Vietnam, it held people in the USA over until the fall of the Soviet Union and the great arms sell off they had.
Fake news, if it's not on social media or easily found within the first few pages of a Google search, it didn't happen.

300 million is a ten year old stat that never included pre 68 manufactured guns, curio and relics, muzzleloaders and homebuilds.

And we do have a problem with criminals and mental illnesses, doctors treating symptoms and not causes
You have a problem with legislation and gun culture, the NRA should be abolished and started back up from scratch.

Example:

President Donald Trump quietly signed a bill into law Tuesday rolling back an Obama-era regulation that made it harder for people with mental illnesses to purchase a gun.

The rule, which was finalized in December, added people receiving Social Security checks for mental illnesses and people deemed unfit to handle their own financial affairs to the national background check database.

Had the rule fully taken effect, the Obama administration predicted it would have added about 75,000 names to that database.

President Barack Obama recommended the now-nullified regulation in a 2013 memo following the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, which left 20 first graders and six others dead. The measure sought to block some people with severe mental health problems from buying guns.

You have a problem with legislation and gun culture, the NRA should be abolished and started back up from scratch.

Example:

President Donald Trump quietly signed a bill into law Tuesday rolling back an Obama-era regulation that made it harder for people with mental illnesses to purchase a gun.

The rule, which was finalized in December, added people receiving Social Security checks for mental illnesses and people deemed unfit to handle their own financial affairs to the national background check database.

Had the rule fully taken effect, the Obama administration predicted it would have added about 75,000 names to that database.

President Barack Obama recommended the now-nullified regulation in a 2013 memo following the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, which left 20 first graders and six others dead. The measure sought to block some people with severe mental health problems from buying guns.
That EO put people on a list with NO adjudication no day in court and no way to defend themselves from having rights stripped.

And the NRA board are against machineguns, against AR15s and believe the 2nd is for hunting only. They have also written every gun law the US has. So, sure disband the organization that wrote all the legal restrictions US citizens have on firearms. I’m with you they suck

That EO put people on a list with NO adjudication no day in court and no way to defend themselves from having rights stripped.

And the NRA board are against machineguns, against AR15s and believe the 2nd is for hunting only. They have also written every gun law the US has. So, sure disband the organization that wrote all the legal restrictions US citizens have on firearms. I’m with you they suck
You are trying to tell me the NRA is against AR-15s and believe the 2nd is for hunting only? I think we are done discussing my man, you are trolling.

You are trying to tell me the NRA is against AR-15s and believe the 2nd is for hunting only? I think we are done discussing my man, you are trolling.
As late as 2010 the NRA tradeshows werent showing AR15s or sound suppressors, they barred vendors from showing these items. they got on the AR band wagon due to industry support and to drum up business after sandyhook, that’s when they coined ‘america’s rifle’

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...r-wanted-legal-machine-guns-bump-fire-stocks/
https://www.ammoland.com/2018/01/nr...marion-hammer/comment-page-2/#comment-2332505
Meet former NRA president marion hammer, she believes nobody needs more than 5 shots for hunting. Also is still a board member to this day

There’s also video of a former board member from texas stating that the 2nd is for hunting only, video is from 2007

I'm usually on your side, but that's really a CBP issue on the American side. Random export checks are a rarity on either side, especially near the aforementioned bordering states. That'd be like me expecting CBP to keep ITAR items...like Magpul DVDs, lol, out of my country by controlling their outward flow.

A country is responsible for what crosses it borders.

However there is nothing wrong with the US doing everything they can to help out. This is being a good neighbor and I want the US to be that.

As late as 2010 the NRA tradeshows werent showing AR15s or sound suppressors, they barred vendors from showing these items. they got on the AR band wagon due to industry support and to drum up business after sandyhook, that’s when they coined ‘america’s rifle’

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...r-wanted-legal-machine-guns-bump-fire-stocks/
https://www.ammoland.com/2018/01/nr...marion-hammer/comment-page-2/#comment-2332505
Meet former NRA president marion hammer, she believes nobody needs more than 5 shots for hunting. Also is still a board member to this day

There’s also video of a former board member from texas stating that the 2nd is for hunting only, video is from 2007

You know who else is on that NRA board?
site-4-610x368.jpeg

Fake news like your Biggar story?
Obviously...I mean who else would understand rural Saskatchewan better than a Torontonian, Montrealer or Vancouverite who read about it in the news once?

Show me a city with high crime and I’ll show you that the city is run by Demonrats.

gun control is another attack against honest taxpayers to pander for votes from the low intellect.

What in the actual fuck does what you said have to do with self-defense or the law in either Canada or the US?

Aside, too bad old @KONE is a goner, or I'd invite him here to see what a real false equivalency looks like.

I have mixed feelings on this.

On one hand people are rarely shot.
I live in Toronto and something like 60-100 people get shot every year. It’s limited really to the real hardened gangbangers and maybe one or two innocent bystanders per year.

On the other hand we really have not much recourse for self defence. We are expected to abandon our home to Home invaders and gather your family and run for it rather than defend yourselves lethally.

What do you guys think of the Canadian model.

https://www.google.ca/amp/nationalp...on-case-to-test-canadas-self-defence-laws/amp

I’ve actually attached a recent case from my city where 3 brothers were arrested after beating the crap out of a Home invader and leaving him in critical condition.

I wish we could change these laws, but at the same time I don’t want things to turn to the Wild West. Florida, Zimmerman, etc.
It's silly we can't use by whatever means necessary to protect family and property.

nothing about gun control is about guns or preventing crimes. It's another movement to give gumbint more control and pander to votes. The government never wants to get to the root of the problem, perfect example is in illegal immigration.

The issue was this kid shouldn't have been able to purchase a gun. He was mentally unstable amongst other concerns. Yet here in the great old U.S we ignore mental disorders at the sake of feelings. Gender dysphoria is ignored as we change reality to fit the vocal few's feelings.

Law breakers should not be protected. Canada is ass backwards. For every 1,000 lives saved by a responsible gun owner, Canada and the US focus on the exception. When an illegal kills someone they say it's an "exception" and the vast illegals are good. It's non stop comedy listening to fake news on how the exception becomes the rule when it fits their narrative.

Canada should allow home owners to protect themselves.

I know a bunch in AB who have guns for self defence. But then again we're the Texas of Canada.

I just want to know who are the politicians and people backing them that think home intruders deserve to have rights once they enter your home?

If cops are put into a dangerous situation, they have the right to kill to protect themselves even if it just means the perp is reaching into their pocket.

But a man can't protect his home from an unknown intruder in the middle of the night. When you get startled awake and you are protecting your family and your dwelling, you shouldn't have to wait until you see a gun pointed at you or until the threat of violence is upon you. You should have the right to use any means necessary to end the threat upon arrival before it becomes a life threatening event. You don't wrestle the guy to the ground and try and hold him there while you dial 911 with your spare hand. You end the situation as soon as it becomes a threat and it's a threat once they cross that boundary from the outside world and into your home.

A country is responsible for what crosses it borders.

However there is nothing wrong with the US doing everything they can to help out. This is being a good neighbor and I want the US to be that.
How are we supposed to do that though, check every southbound vehicle prior to its entry into the United States? People already complain about how invasive TSA can be. Nevermind about how some places are trying (and rightly failing) to move towards automation.

You know who else is on that NRA board?
site-4-610x368.jpeg
You’ve named one pro gun advocate on the NRA board who has been to one meeting in the past five years.

I can name a dozen or more people who believe the 2nd covers double barrel shotguns and hunting rifles only

Back