henry cejudo..

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
god that guy is so technical watching a few of his techniques i need to find more of his stuff i love his defense to low single here how he goes forward and uses his foot to push the grip off the first techniques amazing as well great set up to a inside trip if they have a deep underhook driving into you

I love inside trips and Cejudo has a pretty awesome inside trip. It is so sad to see the lack of them in freestyle.

I wish he showed more mma stuff

yeah funny in that 1 vid he showed like 3 better ways of doing traditional techniques

when you are the smallest in the gym you have to have great technique guys like caio terra bruno kolat all smallest competitors ad have great technique

Tekken.. how much have you actually wrestled with wrestlers

Tekken.. how much have you actually wrestled with wrestlers
a good bit kamal sharlous was my first wrestling coach i learnt a few things from dan vallimont who was a very good division 1 wrestler competed against jordan ect

a good bit kamal sharlous was my first wrestling coach i learnt a few things from dan vallimont who was a very good division 1 wrestler competed against jordan ect
I know who Vallimont was, but I’m asking because you talk and ask about technique like a fanboy more than someone who trains, always trying to find a trick or or something “slick/better”, or wishing you had exactly perfect circumstances or coaching before you get serious.

which makes me wonder how much you are actually training beyond going to a few camps. It’s an observation based on experience not an actual diss

I know who Vallimont was, but I’m asking because you talk and ask about technique like a fanboy more than someone who trains, always trying to find a trick or or something “slick/better”, or wishing you had exactly perfect circumstances or coaching before you get serious.

which makes me wonder how much you are actually training beyond going to a few camps. It’s an observation based on experience not an actual diss
may appear that way some people think they know everything alot of times ill ask questions that i already have an answer to but theres always variations of grips ect that i could actually use to make a technique better so i like to get input on how others do things

may appear that way some people think they know everything alot of times ill ask questions that i already have an answer to but theres always variations of grips ect that i could actually use to make a technique better so i like to get input on how others do things
Alright, let’s break it down logically. And I’ll explain in detail why my observations led me up around ask you that question
  1. You asked where you can find wrestling training in Orlando. And given what I know about Florida. Unless you have moved (always possible) those name drops were at clinics or visits. Not day in day out training
  2. I say that because, a good chunk of the questions you ask would be answered by consistent training with good partners
  3. Another chunk of your questions are trying to find the “easy” way out of stuff. Because the normal way is frankly difficult to do
  4. You keep putting things up about how bad you wish you had that coach you are showing. Which can make one assume you don’t trust your training
  5. You also occasionally ask questions you obviously do not know the answer to yet. Questions that if you were around good wrestlers or coaches consistently would be answered, Not because you are dumb.. (you clearly aren’t stupid) but because you haven’t tried it yet or aren’t around high level people enough
  6. And you ask questions, when answered, you act like you already know it all.
  7. From a coaching standpoint, you come across as anover-thinker, and probably get stuck in “paralysis by analysis”
So I’m not dissing, I do not think you are dumb. Maybe have a little Dunning-Kruger going, but that’s not the worst thing.And quite honestly I’m very happy you have been able to overcome your addictions and whatnot. That alone says a lot about as a person in a good way

But all my observations and experience lead me to think you are “consistently” around decent to high level knowledgeable wrestlers but mostly mma and Bjj guys. Now if you have moved, found a place in Orlando with high level wrestlers, want to compare your knowledge and experience vs mine.. I’m all ears

Dude, where and how did you train with those guys? That's some pretty high level coaching. Shalorus used to get shit on forums sometimes as someone who had inflated wrestling credentials but hes a guy who wrestled his whole life in Iran (and I believe a little in Azerbaijan), hes gonna have some skills.

Ha, Kamal was my first wrestling coach other than my dad (we didn't have a team in middle school and by HS I was 100 percent focused on debate, so didn't start until I was an adult). He's insanely good.

Dude, where and how did you train with those guys? That's some pretty high level coaching. Shalorus used to get shit on forums sometimes as someone who had inflated wrestling credentials but hes a guy who wrestled his whole life in Iran (and I believe a little in Azerbaijan), hes gonna have some skills.
I don't understand this, I see people saying Khabib hasn't fought a wrestler before, but if you fight someone who wrestled in Iran, you must assume he knows how to wrestle. Even the not-so-successful Iranian wrestlers are still reasonably high-leveled and know what to do.

Ha, Kamal was my first wrestling coach other than my dad (we didn't have a team in middle school and by HS I was 100 percent focused on debate, so didn't start until I was an adult). He's insanely good.
That mustve been in California right? Wrestling w Kamal?

I don't understand this, I see people saying Khabib hasn't fought a wrestler before, but if you fight someone who wrestled in Iran, you must assume he knows how to wrestle. Even the not-so-successful Iranian wrestlers are still reasonably high-leveled and know what to do.
In Kamal's 1st few MMA fights his wrestling background was talked up quite a bit. Not only was he from Iran but trained with a lot of good wrestlers and grapplers in the States as well. I think he lost a little credibility when his wrestling credentials were spoke of so highly but all that was found was an 0-3 performance at the 2004 Europeans and an 8th place finish at an Olympic Qualifier wrestling at both for Great Britain. This is unfair though. A. those matches were up at 84 kilos and B. he never claimed anything crazy, he just stated that he grew up wrestling in Iran (near the Azerbaijan border).

I agree with you, growing up wrestling in Iran is going to make you a hell of a wrestler. There was also Kamal's preference for sting, he didn't wrestle quite as much as he could have. Hes an interesting guy for sure.

He coached in Austin first, at CTC
Cool. I didn't know he spent time in Texas. He's one of those guys that kinda got shit from fans for puffing up his credentials but it was never him that inflated them, it was reporters and announcers trying to hype him up. However, from what Ive read he is extremely high level as you can probably attest to.

kamal back in 2010-2011 in austin use to teach wrestling out of a house he had matted out completely he was good friends with phil cardella a relson gracie bb and use to train alot there as well for his bjj man was crazy hed teach wrestling and only like 2 or 3 guys would b there and this was right before he fought jim miller and had a good stock in mma rankings

Last edited:
In Kamal's 1st few MMA fights his wrestling background was talked up quite a bit. Not only was he from Iran but trained with a lot of good wrestlers and grapplers in the States as well. I think he lost a little credibility when his wrestling credentials were spoke of so highly but all that was found was an 0-3 performance at the 2004 Europeans and an 8th place finish at an Olympic Qualifier wrestling at both for Great Britain. This is unfair though. A. those matches were up at 84 kilos and B. he never claimed anything crazy, he just stated that he grew up wrestling in Iran (near the Azerbaijan border).

I agree with you, growing up wrestling in Iran is going to make you a hell of a wrestler. There was also Kamal's preference for sting, he didn't wrestle quite as much as he could have. Hes an interesting guy for sure.
kamal has great wrestling but in fights he just fell in love with his power some guys just dont transition well

Alright, let’s break it down logically. And I’ll explain in detail why my observations led me up around ask you that question
  1. You asked where you can find wrestling training in Orlando. And given what I know about Florida. Unless you have moved (always possible) those name drops were at clinics or visits. Not day in day out training
  2. I say that because, a good chunk of the questions you ask would be answered by consistent training with good partners
  3. Another chunk of your questions are trying to find the “easy” way out of stuff. Because the normal way is frankly difficult to do
  4. You keep putting things up about how bad you wish you had that coach you are showing. Which can make one assume you don’t trust your training
  5. You also occasionally ask questions you obviously do not know the answer to yet. Questions that if you were around good wrestlers or coaches consistently would be answered, Not because you are dumb.. (you clearly aren’t stupid) but because you haven’t tried it yet or aren’t around high level people enough
  6. And you ask questions, when answered, you act like you already know it all.
  7. From a coaching standpoint, you come across as anover-thinker, and probably get stuck in “paralysis by analysis”
So I’m not dissing, I do not think you are dumb. Maybe have a little Dunning-Kruger going, but that’s not the worst thing.And quite honestly I’m very happy you have been able to overcome your addictions and whatnot. That alone says a lot about as a person in a good way

But all my observations and experience lead me to think you are “consistently” around decent to high level knowledgeable wrestlers but mostly mma and Bjj guys. Now if you have moved, found a place in Orlando with high level wrestlers, want to compare your knowledge and experience vs mine.. I’m all ears
i never said im currently training with them i said i did atm im at a place with only jiu jitsu so my only reference to technique is talking and getting partners to drill once i get a good placeto stay ina good location and do some other things ill def be there

i never said im currently training with them i said i did atm im at a place with only jiu jitsu so my only reference to technique is talking and getting partners to drill once i get a good placeto stay ina good location and do some other things ill def be there
So I was right,. Your only experience is from visits/clinics. Yet you think you already have the answers... ok

Back