Henry Cejudo 2.0: I'm The One To Trap The Mouse

Henry vs. Mouse II

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

“When I fought Demetrious, I was only in MMA for exactly three years, and I’m still growing as a fighter. I never did amateurs in mixed martial arts. I went straight pro, and I was kind of in the fast lane a little bit,” Cejudo said during the UFC 215 post-fight press conference.

“I’m the one. I know I’m the one. I have the style. I have the wrestling. I know I’m the one to beat Demetrious Johnson. I don’t just want to fight Demetrious, I want to beat him. He’s been on my mind since he beat me. I’m a competitor man...”

“Anyone has that fighter’s chance, but I still believe that I have the style to eventually beat him. I truly do believe that,” he said.

https://sports.yahoo.com/henry-cejudo-im-one-beat-demetrious-johnson-162917044--mma.html

maxresdefault.jpg

“When I fought Demetrious, I was only in MMA for exactly three years, and I’m still growing as a fighter. I never did amateurs in mixed martial arts. I went straight pro, and I was kind of in the fast lane a little bit,” Cejudo said during the UFC 215 post-fight press conference.

“I’m the one. I know I’m the one. I have the style. I have the wrestling. I know I’m the one to beat Demetrious Johnson. I don’t just want to fight Demetrious, I want to beat him. He’s been on my mind since he beat me. I’m a competitor man...”

“Anyone has that fighter’s chance, but I still believe that I have the style to eventually beat him. I truly do believe that,” he said.

https://sports.yahoo.com/henry-cejudo-im-one-beat-demetrious-johnson-162917044--mma.html
If any FLW has a chance now, it's him. After two or three more fights he might be the one to dethrone MM.

He got demolished in the first fight, but he certainly looked great last weekend.

never heard of you or your manlet fighter

If any FLW has a chance now, it's him. After two or three more fights he might be the one to dethrone MM.

I'm not sure if he can dethrone MM, but he has the better chances for sure
A really interesting rematch

He has as good a chance as anyone at 125. If they rematch and he gets squashed again, I would say it's finally time for people to start respecting MM for the great fighter he is.

Cejudo? Wasn't he the little teaspoon of Bisquick that was going to become a boxer years back?

He looked like a damn world beater in his last fight.

This may be the rivalry that FLW needs.

I always thought Cejudo and Horiguchi had the best chances to bet MM at FLW but due to the extreme shallowness of the division they were matched up with Manlet Mouse WAY too EARLY.

Cejudo 2.0 I could see giving Manlet Mouse a run for his money, he was still a panic wrassler when they first fought who couldn't throw a proper combo.

<mma4>

Mouse has the division on stranglehold until he retires or moves up. He takes every opponent seriously and I doubt Cejudo has closed that gap at all since the last fight...which was a a FIRST ROUND BEAT DOWN.

Hard to look past the demolishing DJ gave him the first time, no matter how good he looks against other guys

Cejudo's performance at 215 is the best thing to ever happen to the fly weight division. Finally a young talented kid who's crazy competitive head hunting the goat. No more Ray Borgs sorry.

Cejudo looked good on Saturday but he's still not beating MM.

Is he seriously trying to claim his improved performance is down to 9 months of training since losing to Benavidez or is it the 18 months since first losing to MM?

If Cejudo improves at the same rate he did from MM to Joe B, and from Joe B to Reis, for another fight and then for the rematch, I believe he would actually be the favorite.

Cejudo has developed, and will hopefully continue to do so. At the same time, DJ is also constantly improving. I think a rematch is more intriguing now than it seemed a week ago, but DJ is on another level, and will win again.

Cejudo looked great but DJ beat him pretty recently and pretty easily.

Back