Hendricks went down like a bag of #### from that punch, how many fighters could hack bareknuckle?

If you punch with the first 2 knuckles and land clean you won't break them.

If you punch with the last 2, you probably will.
True but I still feel pointy knukles while nice for cutting are more of a hinderance than an asset.

I used to get into a lot of fights in my younger days as did a buddy of mine. I have flat knuckles and never broke them but his pointy knuckles broke all the time.

Could have been his technique though I suppose. I trained Boxing for many many years and know how to throw a punch where as his only training was in Karate. He had a pretty mean headlock but wasn't really much of a puncher, haha.

Why did the ref stop the fight, it wasn't mma, rules don't allow shots to a grounded opponent? Should have given him a 10 count.

Bare knuckle is going to make a lot of guys quit.

Getting punched bare knuckles hurts a lot worse. The knuckles digging into your face, nose, lips, teeth.

Boxing gloves suck to just different. It’s way Loren impact with a glove. I’d bet it causes more concussions.

You’re also not going to want to tuck your chin and absorb the punch bare knuckle. The harder you try to keep your head from slamming left or right the harder the impact you absorb on your face is going to be.

The timing bare knuckle is way different to. Gloves slow you and your opponent down. Bare knuckle everything’s all slick and flimsy. It kinda looks weird.

I don’t even know what to say. Johnny you’re making some poor choices

im no hendricks fan, but with out seeing the rest of that fight, its impossible to tell what damage hendricks had suffered before getting dropped/throwing himself on the floor.

This might sound stupid, but if you're used to getting punched in the face with gloves on, but then one day get punched (hard) right on the cheekbone without gloves you will think your face has been broken.

Not from pain but if you're used to one feeling and then another feeling happens instead you get that "shit, something's wrong" moment.

Even the sound within your own head is different. It genuinely sounds like your skull has cracked open if you don't know what to expect.

I don't care who you are. If you think there is a chance your skill is broken, you go down.

fuck get back on the gear if you're still gonna fight ...dude went from the guy who arguably dethroned GSP to a whole bum over night
He probably was, I doubt they test much if any in bare knuckle fighting. Probably just rudimentary testing at the time of the fight if that. But it doesn't help much if you don't train hard. And Hendricks stopped trying a while ago.

Last edited:
I think guys with big hands, especially if they do some makiwara training have a huge advantage bare knuckle.
I would think precision strikers would be the ones to benefit the most. they are able to do more damage with straight shots to the face or chin; and guys who throw winging shots would be a lot more likely to break their hands.

Edit: I don't watch and I doubt there are many skilled strikers in Bare Knuckle; but I'm saying if they did fight in it they would be the ones that benefited the most because they would gain the advantage of causing more damage while being less likely to break their hands than people who try to throw heymakers.

Last edited:
If you've seen Jay Cuccinello's face lately, you know most MMA guys don't want any part of it.

The fall from grace from Rigg has been epic.Like I say a gazillion times- an unforgiving game.

If I was running the bare knuckle show I'd be throwing the farm at Shane Carwin

Would you? Or would you stay away from guys like Carwin and Rumble?

Do you really wanna be famous for people dying at your first or second show??

Everybody involved with this shit needs to be blackballed from the industry. End of story.

Not surprised at all that Hendricks has resorted to this shit

im no hendricks fan, but with out seeing the rest of that fight, its impossible to tell what damage hendricks had suffered before getting dropped/throwing himself on the floor.
His face was bleeding in the first. He was taking shots before hand. That was the second round when he got dropped.

People point out with bareknuckle the risk of breaking hands with head shots.
But you can dig body shots in more
Also face punches can hurt more

Hendricks went down like a sack of potatoes, never seen that before. He is a tough mofo and used to eat shots like that all day with gloves and from guys who are some of the hardest hitters in mma like Lawler. I dont believe his chin has gone, he is only 34. Plus it wasnt a KO, he just dropped holding his face and covering, not something you usually see unless bones got broken (maybe orbital or nose?)

So how many mma fightera could hack bare knuckle fighting? Its not the same.

Man, I had no idea Hendricks was fighting barenuckle. And he lost?!

This story just got sadder, I didnt even know it was possible to get sadder.

What happen to him????

This is more than USADA.

Most mma fighers are glass jawed bums. Lucky to can grapple and kick.

Where can i watch these bare knuckle fights??

I think guys with big hands, especially if they do some makiwara training have a huge advantage bare knuckle.
I read once that small hands might actually be better in boxing, because they concentrate the force on a smaller point of impact. And that Mike Tyson had relatively small fists for his size which made him more dangerous.

Johnny hendricks is a Wrestler who has 1 shot power. That no way translates to being a good boxer of any kind. He deserved to get KTFO for being stupid. Just like his Management team deserves to get fired for allowing a Wrestler to do boxing. "JOHNNY?" "what do you mean Barqs has bite" is as relevant and this man NOW

I read once that small hands might actually be better in boxing, because they concentrate the force on a smaller point of impact. And that Mike Tyson had relatively small fists for his size which made him more dangerous.

In boxing you have your hands wrapped and protected. Besides ideally you are only making contact with you first two knuckles.

It's just physics. Momentum = mass X velocity. That why a truck is going to have more impact than a car moving the same speed.

Back