Hemp Sensation Gi Review, now w/ pics

cjlewis01

Drained Ear Belt/Paper Airplane Champ
@Black
Reaction score
I ordered the Submission FC Hemp Sensation Gi a while back.

Just got the email that it has been shipped.

I am willing to do a review, but have never done one before. So if there is enough interest I will go ahead and do it, but I need to know what you guys would like to hear from me regarding the gi and review itself.

Thanks
EDIT:

Here are pictures of the gi
2012-05-04214257.jpg

2012-05-04214521.jpg

2012-05-04214630.jpg

EDIT 2:

Rolled with the gi for the first time. I was very happy with the fit. I did feel like maybe the pants were a little tight in the crotch area, but never noticed it while rolling.

Everyone at the gym really liked the look of the gi, but more importantly my instructor rolled with me. He said the gi felt soft, especially for a new gi, and performed very well. He seemed to be very impressed with the gi after rolling.

I am going to through this in the dryer to see how much shrinkage happens, its just a tad big, but they do advertise it as preshrunk, so I am interested to see how much it shrinks. I think the Submission FC guy said about 5% in one of his posts here. Will update later.

Last edited:
There's always interest in a review. Even if I get 0 replies on a review thread, my blog sees over a hundred hits on the review.

What should I include in the review?

Whatever you look for in a gi. Quality, aesthetics, comfort, etc.

There are two aspects to reviewing - the statistics (size, shrinkage, weight, materials, website etc) and the subjective commentary (what was it like when rolling, any good and minus points etc). Adding good well lit photographs and gi comparisons also help readers assess whether they like the product. Good luck.

My Hemp sensation gi arrived tomorrow. I'm keen to see if it improves on the only other hemp gi I sampled (Datsusara).

What gi's are you going to do comparison shots with Meerkat?

And when will it air? I am super interested in getting this gi.

What gi's are you going to do comparison shots with Meerkat?

And when will it air? I am super interested in getting this gi.

Whatever I have lying around I guess - prob SYR Count and Estilo3. I'll post up a first impressions post on my fb page a few days after I get it.

here are some comparisons with my hand me down blue Atama A3.
This gi is an A2

I have washed it once in cold water after these pics were taken, and will update thread monday late or tuesday after I roll in it.

I like how the gi looks, and it seems to fit very nice. The only thing is I don't think I really want it to shrink at all, so I may never put it in the dryer.
2012-05-04214832.jpg

2012-05-04215139.jpg

2012-05-04215207.jpg

2012-05-04215218.jpg

It does. Got a pair on their way.... After seing these pic's, Im even more eager to get my mittens on them

Design-wise could do without the back skirt embroidery and smaller shoulder "submission" font. Also would change the front skirt embroidery to a smallish contrasting green patch, but that's minor.

But it looks really good regardless. We'll see if Datsusara can compete.

I'm digging the hemp sensation for sure! Looks clean and classy with a little bit of flare. I wonder how it stacks up against the Datsusara.

Was it made in Pakistan?

Was it made in Pakistan?

unfortunately yes

Also since real life kicked my butt today, I will be adding to the review on wed night/thursday with regards to rolling

Why is it unfortunate?

It's just a personal preference. I usually try to buy American, maybe Brazillian since they treat their workers better, but I just couldn't find an alternate for this gi made in either of those two places.

Its not too unfortunate.

I am fairly sure Brazilians use the same equipment/labor as Pakistani's, so the only difference would be in what country your money ends up.

I am fairly sure Brazilians use the same equipment/labor as Pakistani's, so the only difference would be in what country your money ends up.
Exactly. Except China perhaps.
And an American-made gi would be crazy expensive for the same quality.

Back