Heminder who the true Fighter of the Year for 2016 was

Its something that happens. Its not Bisping fault that rounds have time limits. And lets not forget he only landed that knee when bisping wasnt looking.
True, but it was Bisping's responsibility to be looking. Anyway, clearly Bisping is a legit fighter of the year candidate. I just don't think sweating out decision wins in fights he almost got killed in is as impressive as three first round KOs. I loved his fight against Rockhold though.

<mma4>

Agreed
He's the baddest man on the planet.

He does talk like a smoker and his personality reminds me of the guy that wants to tell you a story and you are doing your best to give off feedback that you are in a hurry so you can get out of there.

That having been said, props to him. I think if he continues his winning ways, 2017 will be kind to him and he will get some much deserved love and respect from the fans. With certain personalities, it takes a little longer to appreciate their work.

Bisping,but stipe is a close second

Two close decisions where he got fucked up and almost finished and 1 ko>3 first round knockouts. Got it.

Agreed, he rules like some sort of king of kings which all other kings pay tribute to.
I made a post about this last month.

Stipe is the king, and the divisional champs are just lords of their own counties. Sure a lord of a large county (higher weight class) could get out of line and try to overthrow the king, but that most likely wouldn't end well for him.

Two close decisions where he got fucked up and almost finished and 1 ko>3 first round knockouts. Got it.
Yup, and lets not forget to mention that those two fights were against dudes in their 40's, long past their prime.

Yup, and lets not forget to mention that those two fights were against dudes in their 40's, long past their prime.
yes helpless old geriatrics :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
and bisping at 37,the young stallion that he is

Man, I tend to get into long winded discussions with you so I'm gonna try to avoid that, but are you seriously about to try to argue that Bisping's performances in 2016 can compare to Stipes?

In the last three years, Hendo and Silva are a combined 3-11.
Fun fact.
Edit, if we remove the bisping losses, that's still a 25% success rate.
I mean, we didn't see a prime Silva vs bisping, obviously, but at least we saw a not-so-shot hendo fight him. At UFC 100. 8 years ago.

I made a post about this last month.

Stipe is the king, and the divisional champs are just lords of their own counties. Sure a lord of a large county (higher weight class) could get out of line and try to overthrow the king, but that most likely wouldn't end well for him.
Love this post

Man, I tend to get into long winded discussions with you so I'm gonna try to avoid that, but are you seriously about to try to argue that Bisping's performances in 2016 can compare to Stipes?
I enjoyed them more,so he wins. Nothing against Stipe who i am also a big fan of. Arlovski win was predictable,he was the only fighter with a pulse that he fought no surpsise there.

Conor earned fighter of the year imo. His win over Eddie at 205 was nothing short of spectacular
Yes but he's also 1-1 against Nate and ran from defending his belt...he deserves a nomination but not to win

I enjoyed them more,so he wins. Nothing against Stipe who i am also a big fan of. Arlovski win was predictable,he was the only fighter with a pulse that he fought no surpsise there.
Nah, this isn't something that's judged based on your flimsy subjective pretense.

You can say you enjoyed them more cause he beat some fighter you hate or whatever, but comparing his hometown decisions over semi retired dudes in their 40's with Stipe's path of destruction, you're just being stupid.

Nah, this isn't something that's judged based on your flimsy subjective pretense.

You can say you enjoyed them more cause he beat some fighter you hate or whatever, but comparing his hometown decisions over semi retired dudes in their 40's with Stipe's path of destruction, you're just being stupid.
I dont hate anyone.It definitley is judged on my flimsy subjective pretense though :D

silva ko'ed bisping before the bell. hendo should have beat bisping, too.

Bisping had a great year, but I can't quite get over him being saved by the bell against Silva.
Agreed, and also cannot value a win over ancient, immobile Hendo the same as a win over Arlovski or Reem or Werdum. They're all old but all the HWs have looked good before running into Stipe.

Stipe should be FotY. Bisping a close second.

Yes but he's also 1-1 against Nate and ran from defending his belt...he deserves a nomination but not to win

He ran from a contender by fighting the champion of the weight class higher?
Do you know how dumb that sounds?

Conor earned fighter of the year imo. His win over Eddie at 205 was nothing short of spectacular
That's just one win. He went 2-1 with one of the wins being a razor close majority decision.

I'm not sure who is FOTY. I am sure that Conor is not.

Mike Perry with 4 KO wins and a loss that was a robbery and should have been a UD win for him

Stipe had an amazig year no doubts but HW being the weakest division, with the midget division, doesnt help him getting the recognition he deserves imo same for DJ
HW is scarce but no way it's like 125. That division is a one man division.

Back