Helwani: Lyoto Machida Officially Joins Bellator

Bellator loves leftovers

giphy.gif
yeah and look at all that fresh, new and young promising fighters that ufc sign :)

Another former UFC star is on his way to Bellator.

Lyoto Machida has verbally agreed to an exclusive multi-fight contract with the promotion, sources told ESPN. "The Dragon" is expected to sign the deal in the very near future.

Machida, 40, leaves the UFC on a two-fight winning streak and a 24-8 record. He most recently knocked out Vitor Belfort via front kick at UFC 224 last month in Rio de Janiero, which was the last fight on his UFC contract.

Machida's Bellator debut isn't set just yet, but he is expected to fight again in 2018. He joins the likes of Rory MacDonald, Benson Henderson, Gegard Mousasi, Frank Mir and Matt Mitrione, among others, who have recently left the UFC to sign with Bellator.
http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...yoto-machida-agrees-multi-fight-deal-bellator
BUT UFC IS BIGGER THEN SOCCER

I've been over Machida for years. But this is an interesting signing.

It seems Chandlers contract is up and he might be leaving.
If Bellator signs a 40 year old Machida and let Chandler slip...
I wont call it a healthy Bellator.
I can see UFC going after the poster boy just for shits n giggle.

Also lol at people believing in sponsors money in 2018.
Bellator is losing viewers thats not what sponsors pay for.

Chandler has done enough for that company and should leave just so he knows how he would've done in the UFC plus a lot of people think he might have a competitive fight with Khabib so I would like to see him sign if he leaves

Chandler has done enough for that company and should leave just so he knows how he would've done in the UFC plus a lot of people think he might have a competitive fight with Khabib so I would like to see him sign if he leaves

Oh I would not mind him signing with the UFC at all.
BUT if Bellator signs Machida and lets Chandler slip... I think thats a bad trade for Bellator.
People are talking like Bellator is stepping up by signing Machida. If losing Chandler on the way is a step up.

Good fit I guess. He's not getting anywhere near a title shot UFC.

Oh I would not mind him signing with the UFC at all.
BUT if Bellator signs Machida and lets Chandler slip... I think thats a bad trade for Bellator.
People are talking like Bellator is stepping up by signing Machida. If losing Chandler on the way is a step up.

Yeah. Machida doesn't have a whole lot of time left imo and he beat Beflort while he had one foot out the door and squeaked by Anders who should've got the nod (but who cares now) I'm sure theres still guys he can handedly beat in Bellator but I wouldn't bet he could take Moose again in a rematch..

He could get a warm up fight and fight Kato or someone like that tho

Let's all have a drink to that!

1eb60545-cc16-4c22-a4fc-a184887e4e8d.jpg

Oh fuck yeah. One less Points Karatechopsocky in the UFC. Let Bellator's audience do the boooing for a change. Hopefully, the next to go is Wonderbread.

Bellator is really the first step of retirement right? Is that how they want to be seen? I don't say it's bad since they have all big names, but is it really supposed to be semi-retired 40 year olds fighting there? It's like a retirement league

Bellator is really the first step of retirement right? Is that how they want to be seen? I don't say it's bad since they have all big names, but is it really supposed to be semi-retired 40 year olds fighting there? It's like a retirement league

And they are doing Wand vs Rampage 4 in September.

Personally i miss Bjorns tournament style, and finding new fighters.
You might not have heard about them but it was different from the UFC.

Bellator gets away with paying these guys less than they were making in the UFC, but allowing them sponsors. I hear Rory MacDonald makes most of his Bellator fight night money through his cryptocoin sponsor.
Rory made 400k for his first fight in Bellator, I’m not sure your facts are correct.
For his final fight in the UFC I think he got 59k to show.

Rory made 400k for his first fight in Bellator, I’m not sure your facts are correct.

Bellator paid Rory 100K flat according to the ACs.
"Rory MacDonald won the Bellator welterweight title in a unanimous decision victory over Douglas Lima in the co-main event. MacDonald and Lima both walked away with a guaranteed haul of $100,000."

Speaking of facts not being correct...

Yer because what athletic commissions quote is always correct lol do a quick google search of “Rory MacDonald 400k” if you think he is getting paid less by Bellator than he would earn in the UFC

Yer because what athletic commissions quote is always correct lol do a quick google search of “Rory MacDonald 400k” if you think he is getting paid less by Bellator than he would earn in the UFC
He's making that much with his cryptocurrency sponsor, which is what I said in the post you were trying to "correct."
Bellator gets away with paying these guys less than they were making in the UFC, but allowing them sponsors. I hear Rory MacDonald makes most of his Bellator fight night money through his cryptocoin sponsor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back