Helwani: I could promote better than every other promoter

I stopped considering that stuff 'amazing' when I was like 10 years old and found out it was all an act ... then it just seemed retarded.

the thing is, even "fake" shit talk still makes the person have a reputation on the line.. We've seen time and time again how it can get to people (look at conor's opponents)

I stopped considering that stuff 'amazing' when I was like 10 years old and found out it was all an act ... then it just seemed retarded.

I guess that's why you & most of the mma world love watching Mcgregor & his antics. You haven't grown out of anything, wrestling today just sucks. If the WWE still had great characters you would still be entertained.

MMA version of first take. Anyways Ariel has been making this point even before his new show. The UFC is doing a shitty job of promoting. Which he isn't wrong, too many fights means you cant promote any of them

No, nobody likes you. You are an annoying hemorrhoid that people tolerate cause somehow you jumped on the TUF bandwagon and made a career out of it.

anyone who rips on Chael these days are outed for simply not liking him as a fighter-

his mma observations and short clips are the best mma watch on you tube, period.
He picks most fights wrong and he’s undeniably obnoxious and egotistical. Is less to do with him as a fighter and much more to do with his personality as an mma personality.

Tbh i will not want anybody of them as main promoter of mma: dana, ariel, chael... fuck all of them

Too bad dana already worked for years to push the core of mma business on douchebags, i don't know if a legit sport promoter can even do something at this point

anyone who rips on Chael these days are outed for simply not liking him as a fighter-

his mma observations and short clips are the best mma watch on you tube, period.

I like Chael as a fighter and his mma observations, i absolutely hate his view of the business of mma and how should be done

Oh really? I’m interested to see the numbers/ratings. Post it plz
https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-loses-500000-subscribers-april/

And the start of this spring was brutal for ESPN, costing the network 500,000 subscribers, or nearly 17,000 lost subscribers a day in the month of April. Putting that into context, this is $48 million in revenue that ESPN has lost forever. (That’s $8 a month x 500,000 lost subscribers x 12 months in a year).

The loss in subscribers puts ESPN down to just north of 86 million, which is a precipitous decline from the 100 million subscribers the network had as recently as the end of 2011. While the numbers of lost subscribers haven’t been as bad in the past few months, I suspect that’s because ESPN threw such a fit over last year’s numbers that Nielsen slowed down its subscriber attrition data for several months to make sure they weren’t off in their data measurements.

I mean, I just googled a quick article. If you like, feel free to watch this video or research further.

Im not saying there has been a decline, just the fact that the network is dead or more dead than the UFC. Thats ridiculous.

Im not saying there has been a decline, just the fact that the network is dead or more dead than the UFC. Thats ridiculous.
I would amend it to say, dying faster than the UFC. Obviously, it is a bigger brand at the moment. My post was inferring rate of decline.

I would amend it to say, dying faster than the UFC. Obviously, it is a bigger brand at the moment. My post was inferring rate of decline.
Fair enough. I still dont believe that tho since the UFC is literally one sport, while ESPN has rights to every major sport. As long as it has the NFL and NBA, it will be fine.

So since the UFC is part of ESPN now, what will that mean? I find it intriguing what will happen with viewership.

Fair enough. I still dont believe that tho since the UFC is literally one sport, while ESPN has rights to every major sport. As long as it has the NFL and NBA, it will be fine.

So since the UFC is part of ESPN now, what will that mean? I find it intriguing what will happen with viewership.

• ESPN’s 2017 Prime-Time and Total-Day Audiences Rise vs. 2016
  • ESPN Leads Cable Nets in Q4 Prime-Time Viewership for 18th Time in 19 Years
  • ESPN Has Led Cable for Key Male Demos for 18 Straight Quarters
ESPN’s 2017 viewership in prime time and in total day rose vs. 2016, while the network returned to its familiar spot atop cable networks in fourth quarter prime-time viewership and continued its streak of leading full-time cable networks in the key male demos to 18 consecutive quarters (4.5 years).

• In 2017, ESPN averaged 2,058,000 viewers (P2+) in prime time across TV and streaming, an increase of 7% over 2016. ESPN grew its audience among men and adults 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54.
  • ESPN also saw its total day viewership rise 1%.
  • In the fourth quarter, ESPN grew its audience 13% in prime to 3,052,000 viewers across TV and streaming, the best on cable, as it had accomplished from 1999 – 2015 before the aberration of last year’s political climate pushed ESPN to second place (behind Fox News). Audiences also rose by a double-digit percentage among men and adults 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54. ESPN’s total day viewership rose 9%.
  • In addition, the recently completed quarter was the 18th straight in which ESPN led full-time cable networks in delivering the key male demographic groups advertisers covert: men 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54.

Back