Help with Laptop

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Okay, so my laptop worked perfectly yesterday. I heard sound from it and everything was fine.

But today, I turned my laptop on and my volume is on, yet I cannot hear anything. I have tried playing songs on VLC, Itunes and youtube, but sadly nothing.

Is there anything I can try? Or must I bring it to a shop?

Edit: it is fixed now

Last edited:
Okay, so my laptop worked perfectly yesterday. I heard sound from it and everything was fine.

But today, I turned my laptop on and my volume is on, yet I cannot hear anything. I have tried playing songs on VLC, Itunes and youtube, but sadly nothing.

Is there anything I can try? Or must I bring it to a shop?
You may be def. Are you able to hear anything at all?

You may be def. Are you able to hear anything at all?
Lol. I tried this too, but I confirmed this when I spoke with my mother today... Nope, just the fan, no audio/media sound at all.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaotolaryngology/article-abstract/607115

Syphilis can cause sensorineural hearing loss that is potentially treatable.

giphy.webp

Lol. I tried this too, but I confirmed this when I spoke with my mother today... Nope, just the fan, no audio/media sound at all.
I'm gonna be honest with ya buddy

I DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT FIXING COMPUTERS

Right click on the speaker in your system tray. Left click sounds. Go to playback tab. Right click on Speakers and left click on set to default device

A week ago VLC and ACE stopped playing sound on my XPS13 but itunes still did.
Reboot fixed it but guess you already tried that lol.

Realistically you're looking at replacing the whole thing and buying a Mac.

It is fixed now, I just needed to troubleshoot it from the audio icon. It said "audio services not working" but it is all good now. I can confirm that I am not deaf :D
Good, but you still have to get checked for syphilis.

I had a problem with a laptop where the sound from the speakers would get fuzzy if the laptop was on for over an hour. Restart and everything was fine. Sound was good on hdmi to a television and the headphone port sound was fine. I suspected the speakers but if they are bad they should always be bad. I updated the sound drivers and haven't had the problem again.

I had a problem with a laptop where the sound from the speakers would get fuzzy if the laptop was on for over an hour. Restart and everything was fine. Sound was good on hdmi to a television and the headphone port sound was fine. I suspected the speakers but if they are bad they should always be bad. I updated the sound drivers and haven't had the problem again.
I have had this problem when using VLC. When watching John Wick, or anything that has a high bass sound, everything sounds horrible. Restarting worked fine for 30 mins or so, until another high bass scene occured.

Back