Help with History of Hawaiian Weapons Being Taken Away by Plantation Works

Lord Coke

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
War Room I need need your help.

I know that during the plantation days in Hawaii, plantation owners used to disarm the Native Hawaiian, Japanese and Filipino plantation workers. I need something I can actually cite to in order to demonstrate this. This is for a time sensitive matter. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
War Room I need a need your help.

I know that _____. I need something I can actually cite to in order to demonstrate this. This is for a time sensitive matter. Any help would be appreciated.
This is almost word for word the type of email Ive seen from some partners.

Good luck finding it. What time period you looking at and how long do you have?

three days the 1800s is what I am focusing on

You need a physical archive. Bad news, I know, but for colonial stuff of that nature you generally have to go look at real documents.

War Room I need a need your help.

I know that during the plantation days in Hawaii, plantation owners used to disarm the Native Hawaiian, Japanese and Filipino plantation workers. I need something I can actually cite to in order to demonstrate this. This is for a time sensitive matter. Any help would be appreciated.

So you're composing an NRA fundraising mailer?

Something like that would not require anything this nuanced.
Gib Money or guns byebye.

University probably has some historians who know about that. Maybe they can point you to the correct documents+provide an affidavit?

Maybe you can look for copies of what a plantation contract looked like at the time? It might reference armed status. Contact a historian at a local university.

Also, there might not be anything formally recorded of this. If it was like the mainland, there were few explicit rules barring something even if it was uniformly enforced.

Still, start with a historian.

University probably has some historians who know about that. Maybe they can point you to the correct documents+provide an affidavit?

Ya I am going to call UH today. Its still a little early their time.

I miss the Obama days. Second Amendment Foundation would do these robocalls. Obama is getting ready to do a UN style gun grab. Donate now to stand up to Obama and the UN. I never did figure out what a UN style gun grab is but I think it is the sentiment that counts.

Last edited:
Maybe you can look for copies of what a plantation contract looked like at the time? It might reference armed status. Contact a historian at a local university.

Also, there might not be anything formally recorded of this. If it was like the mainland, there were few explicit rules barring something even if it was uniformly enforced.

Still, start with a historian.

One of the native Hawaiian Professors at UH got back to me. She referred me over to someone at the law school. I gotta a feeling the law professor will know what this is about and I will not get to far.

One of the native Hawaiian Professors at UH got back to me. She referred me over to someone at the law school. I gotta a feeling the law professor will know what this is about and I will not get to far.
So lie about what it's about.

So lie about what it's about.

Of course that is what I did. I just said I was doing some research for a law review article. However, my name has been in the papers a lot in Hawaii recently due to the carry case. Hopefully I am just being egocentric. I'll post what she sends if I hear from her.

This is actually the first I've heard of something like that happening. I think it was probably unusual for contracted plantation labor to be able to afford firearms. If anyone would have a firearm it would be the luna which is basically like the plantation mp.

I've heard of confiscations of arms of Japanese Americans during WWII, but this is something completely different.

Good luck on your digging!

Back