Help Needed: Wikipedia is out of date on champions

carelessandheem

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_mixed_martial_arts_champions
Wikipedia is somewhat up to date on UFC champs, though i had to add cyborg

I also had to remove numerous ufc fighters from regional standings as champions and change WSOF to PFL as well as remove RFA and legacy and put in current LFA champs.

But i need help, ACB champs should be in there as well, some of the japanese orgs shouldn't be in there and i'm not sure if dheigo lima should still be listed. and the regionals they do count are kinda outta date. LFA, Titan, M-1, Road, KOTC etc do belong but I think that we need to look over stuff like FFC and MFC, and include something like EFC, Hard knocks or TKO instead.

So as the worldwide community of sherdog, either update the page yourselves or tell me alll of what is outdated and I will overhual the whole page, not just PFL/LFA and stuff off the top of my head, PRetty sure ivan isn't a M-1 champ and evolev wasn't on there for M-1 either so pretty sure anything that isn't the big 4, is horribly out of date

If Rizin had active champs i would add them in a instant.

I just use tapology, every person that is hardcore enough to care about Deep or LFA is going to check out tapology over wikipedia

Last edited:

I also had to remove numerous ufc fighters from regional standings as champions and change WSOF to PFL as well as remove RFA and legacy and put in current LFA champs.

But i need help, ACB champs should be in there as well, some of the japanese orgs shouldn't be in there and i'm not sure if dheigo lima should still be listed. and the regionals they do count are kinda outta date. LFA, Titan, M-1, Road, KOTC etc do belong but I think that we need to look over stuff like FFC and MFC, and include something like EFC, Hard knocks or TKO instead.

So as the worldwide community of sherdog, either update the page yourselves or tell me alll of what is outdated and I will overhual the whole page, not just PFL/LFA and stuff off the top of my head, PRetty sure ivan isn't a M-1 champ and evolev wasn't on there for M-1 either so pretty sure anything that isn't the big 4, is horribly out of date

Movsar Evloev (M-1 BW champ) is not listed, Ramazan Emeev signed with UFC so he souldn't be listed as M-1 MW champ, Syuri Kondo signed with UFC so shouldn't be listed as Pancrase SW champ, Damir Ismagulov is M-1 LW champ, Ariane Lipski is Women's SW champ in KSW, Kleber Koike Erbst is FW champ in KSW, Marcin Rozalski is HW champ in KSW, Jason Jackson is WW champ in Titan, Freddy Assuncao is LW champ in Titan, Jose Torres is FlyW and BW champ in Titan, Kalindra Faria is Women's BW champ in Titan.
ACB champs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_Championship_Berkut#Championship_history

Also Ji Yeon Kim (Deep Jewels BW champ) and Amanda Lemos (Jungle Fight BW champ) are both UFC fighters.

And also Bekbulat Magomedov is BW champ in WSOF/PFL.

well i did add some of these, LW champ is actually
Abukar Yandiev
for M-1

but added most of the male stuff, too tired to do the rest, and adding ACB is too big a task for my abilities in editing wikipedia

Won't be using wikipedia until they'll edit out "Rickson versus Eugenio Tadeu" still written on Rickson's main page.

Abukar Yandiev
for M-1

but added most of the male stuff, too tired to do the rest, and adding ACB is too big a task for my abilities in editing wikipedia
Where did you get this info from? He vacated the title and said something like that he retires/takes time off and will return to mma if the UFC signs him.

Abukar Yandiev
for M-1

For example, website related to M-1 lists Ismagulov as their LW champ http://www.mixfight.ru/ Russian Wikipedia page of Abukar says that he was M-1 champ but vacated the title https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Яндиев,_Абукар_Алиханович Russian Wikipedia page "List of M-1 champions" https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Список_чемпионов_M-1 says that Yandiev vacated the title and left M-1 in February of 2017.
And maybe you should add Adriano Moraes to the list - he is interim FlyW champ in ONE.

Where are Tapology champions listed?
on organizations pages, which are tricky to get to, and they are often full of un-updated champs and mispelled fighter names,odems was spelled odoms etc

on organizations pages, which are tricky to get to, and they are often full of un-updated champs and mispelled fighter names,odems was spelled odoms etc

I see. I always go to wikipedia for the champs list which is the best I found.

which is why we did a minor update on it. but definitely not up to snub. can't wait for google to take over and just have it like they do weather and sports scores

Do u work for Wikipedia or some shit?

I used to try to keep up with updating MMA stuff on Wiki but goof mods ruined it for me.

Anyone with an account can update it and you don't have to worry about full pages randomly getting deleted. Another bonus is all of the fighters will have pages on the site that you can directly link to unlike Wikipedia. I used to keep most of the Asian champ listings up to date but fell away from it once I was made the editor for Japan as that takes up a good chunk of time.

which is why we did a minor update on it. but definitely not up to snub. can't wait for google to take over and just have it like they do weather and sports scores
If you still wanna update: Adriano Moraes beat Kairat Akhmetov so he is ONE Flyweight champion now.

Back