Help My Bro Box His Belly Fat

Garygoldridge8

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
If you’ve lost a bunch of weight through Boxing then I could really use your advice.

I am in the best shape of my life as a result of Boxing. I am trying to get my brother to try it out because he is a bit overweight. Well frankly……..….he is fat as hell

I am his big brother so naturally, he won’t listen to me.

I was hoping to get some feedback from you so I could show him your viewpoint.

1. What was your biggest fear or frustration with starting boxing?
2. What has been your biggest benefit from boxing?
3. What would have got you to start sooner?

1) my biggest fear was that i was too unfit and would get absolutely hammered by everyone. That didnt happen, boxing folk are the nicest folk about. You get the occasional asshole who thinks its fun to wail on the newbies but they usually get dealt with. In my case i used it as motivation to get better and eventually got my own revenge. Nothing boosts your confidence than dropping a man with a body shot who was taking the piss with you just weeks before.

2) my biggest benefit was the massive boost in self confidence i gained when i started boxing. I was getting fitter, felt confident that i looked better and the women paid me FAR more
attention. The girls go nuts when they find out you workout and box.

3) i wish id been introduced to it sooner, i got into boxing as a bit if a joke really, a friend of mine challeneged me to a fight for a laugh and i took it seriously and started going to a boxing gym. Never looked back.

You can't push him into making this decision. He has to come to it himself. If you're setting a good example, that's the best you can do. But if you keep pushing it on him he's going to think you think that you're superior, and he's going to resent you and your lifestyle.

You have to push him into making this decision. He won't come to it himself. Screw setting a good example, force alone! that's the best you can do. Keep pushing it on him let him know that you're superior, and he's going to respect you and your lifestyle.

1. What was your biggest fear or frustration with starting boxing?
2. What has been your biggest benefit from boxing?
3. What would have got you to start sooner?

1. a) Biggest fear: Killing people.... mainly grapplers.
b) Biggest frustration: what to do with all of the dead bodies.... mainly grabblers.

2. Biggest benefit: Piston like jab (But I actually had that all along)

3. What would have got me to start sooner: An abundance of UFCers that needed a good beating.

1. a) Biggest fear: Killing people.... mainly grapplers.

Worries me to this day. If I'm out walking and I see someone leaving a gym wearing a gi, I just casually move to the other side of the street. Freezers full and the gators aren't biting lately. That's supply and demand for ya.

The biggest fear is FAILURE.

Failure to lose the weight, failure to be good at what you're learning, failing to live up to others expectations of you.

But if you are always afraid of failure, you will never achieve ANYTHING and you will continue to be unhappy and unhealthy.

And all that fear.. Will disappear once he sees what a boxing gym is really like, and the people there aren't what he thought, and hitting the bag and hanging out with friends is actually fun.... And soon he will be dragging YOU to the gym.

1. What was your biggest fear or frustration with starting boxing? - Getting hurt was my initial fear. Getting my feet right and general footwork as a whole was the main frustration as I came from a Judo background
2. What has been your biggest benefit from boxing? - I've been boxing for about 25 years on and off. A big reason for me starting was because I was getting in to fights all of the time. I needed to control my anger and aggression & It worked a treat!
3. What would have got you to start sooner? - Nothing really. I started boxing when I was in the Royal Navy. I had wanted to give it a go as I was a big boxing fan (especially Nigel Benn and Lennox Lewis)

Back