Help me understand, what's up with Teddy picking lomo as p4p

I mean..i dont hold hopkins first loss against him...

Its just odd we do it for lomo
I don't hold that loss against lomo, but it showed technical flaws, if he learns how to cope with them nobody will care when the dust settles, people forget that often great fighters lost fights they had no business losing. I think it's exacerbated when people split the titles up and all say champion of the world like that means anythrhing if it isn't lineal or undisputed.

P4p lists are always subjective, and it seems Atlas is simply basing his picks off of the level of talent he perceives in each fighter. Atlas knows a lot about boxing - he was a fighter and trainer, and so it's hard for me to say he is crazy. Lomo, for me is the most fun to watch. His angles, footwork, speed , and technique are incredibly impressive to me. I haven't seen anything like it, but boxing isn't my first passion, so I am limited in my ability to analyze. The only thing he seems to be missing is huge power. Has he ever even been knocked down in all his amateur fights? Anyway, the point is p4p doesn't mean much......its just a way to subjectively compare fighters, who most of the time are in different weight classes and won't ever meet in the ring...

P4p lists are always subjective, and it seems Atlas is simply basing his picks off of the level of talent he perceives in each fighter. Atlas knows a lot about boxing - he was a fighter and trainer, and so it's hard for me to say he is crazy. Lomo, for me is the most fun to watch. His angles, footwork, speed , and technique are incredibly impressive to me. I haven't seen anything like it, but boxing isn't my first passion, so I am limited in my ability to analyze. The only thing he seems to be missing is huge power. Has he ever even been knocked down in all his amateur fights? Anyway, the point is p4p doesn't mean much......its just a way to subjectively compare fighters, who most of the time are in different weight classes and won't ever meet in the ring...
Do you not think atlas chooses favourites very early in their career and keeps on cheerleading regardless of how the career goes? He doesn't seem to like to switch lanes on people he has built up. He clearly isn't an idiot but he's stubborn. Stubborn people back themselves into strange lists because they don't want to say they were wrong.

Do you not think atlas chooses favourites very early in their career and keeps on cheerleading regardless of how the career goes? He doesn't seem to like to switch lanes on people he has built up. He clearly isn't an idiot but he's stubborn. Stubborn people back themselves into strange lists because they don't want to say they were wrong.

Truthfully, I don't know him like you guys do. You are prolly right. Being kind of a novice, I have to turn to the pros to really get good information. He did kinda annoy the crap outta me when he was commentating last fight. He is definitely on Lomo's nuts....lol

Truthfully, I don't know him like you guys do. You are prolly right. Being kind of a novice, I have to turn to the pros to really get good information. He did kinda annoy the crap outta me when he was commentating last fight. He is definitely on Lomo's nuts....lol
At the end of the day we are all fans here and the longer you stay around you learn who has insider knowledge and who are hardcore fans or not. There are journalists who make their money off the sport who some of us have been on forums with, I'm no expert but I like the banter and people's opinions because the journalistic opinion can change so quickly depending on geographic location.

Atlas seems to be a bit like Jim Watt. They decide who they like and what they want to happen and commentate accordingly.

At the end of the day we are all fans here and the longer you stay around you learn who has insider knowledge and who are hardcore fans or not. There are journalists who make their money off the sport who some of us have been on forums with, I'm no expert but I like the banter and people's opinions because the journalistic opinion can change so quickly depending on geographic location.

Atlas seems to be a bit like Jim Watt. They decide who they like and what they want to happen and commentate accordingly.

Yeah, I get that. Rogan does that as well, and I felt that way about Lampley and the HBO crew too. It's gotten to the point where I will watch the fight with the volume off, of simply try to tune out some commentators.

Back