Help me understand, what's up with Teddy picking lomo as p4p

I didn't say he wasn't skilled.

Garcia was a lot more dominant against Salido than Lomachenko was but he did quit. I still don't like the ending of that fight and I'll always question what happens when Garcia is in another situation like that.

I used to question how Lomachenko would respond in a fight like that too but he successfully avoided having to deal with that again anyway. Lomachenko doesn't seem to be looking for a challenge.

Yes, he (Mikey) was much more dominant against Salido but styles make fights and circumstances were different. He wasn't facing a 147 pound Salido that never had to make weight that was fouling his ass off from round 2 through round 12. He did headbutt Mikey on purpose but he wasn't aiming for his testicles all night. Garcia is also much bigger than Loma and Salido.

Salido just turned down 720k. That's not Lomachenko's fault. He's been trying to get Salido in the ring again since he moved up more than a year ago. You also tried to claim that Loma would duck Tank. Have you heard Tank's interviews lately? Floyd won't let him go near Lomachenko, but I called that. He's being advised to stay away despite being a titleholder in the same division. Loma can only fight guys that are willing to fight him. I'd say moving up after only 6 fights was to challenge himself. He never missed making weight at 126 pounds so he wasn't forced to move up, unlike Salido.

T Craw is P4P #1 IMO...he starts slow it doesn't mean he's losing a round...then once he figures out his opponent then he shifts on high gear...it's really a beauty watching him fight. I have Ward on #2 only because his achievements is better and more ripe than Loma. But watching Loma fight...it's only a matter of time until he passes Ward. when you have fighters who are nearly untouchable then they are right there on top and Ward has shown heart but having been put in trouble by Kovalev

Teddy said that the top 3 guys on his personal list are interchangeable in some recent video interviews. Number 5 wasn't supposed to be Spence from what Rigo said on Twitter. The Cuban flag next to his name was because allegedly Teddy had Rigo there but was told to take him off and they forgot to change the flag for his nationality.

Is he trolling ? Right in front of TC and Freaking Andre Ward saying lomo is the p4p, dude seems awfully corrupt

Corrupt? Are you suggesting Lomas people paid him to say that?

You mean in his second pro fight?
The one where he fought for a world championship, being touted for his unheard of level of amateur experience? Yeah, that was the one.

The one where he fought for a world championship, being touted for his unheard of level of amateur experience? Yeah, that was the one.
I mean.....are we really going to hold his second pro fight against him as if he hasnt gotten better?

I guess we can bring it up now because its still relatively early in his career.

Just seems a bit odd to me. we literally do that with no other fighter in history

I mean.....are we really going to hold his second pro fight against him as if he hasnt gotten better?

I guess we can bring it up now because its still relatively early in his career.

Just seems a bit odd to me. we literally do that with no other fighter in history
We all know about Hopkins, and probably most of us know about bentt, these things do linger with other fighters, we could name more with losses early doors.

Hey, he wanted to fight for titles in his second fight, then he doesn't get that luxury.

Teddy said that the top 3 guys on his personal list are interchangeable in some recent video interviews. Number 5 wasn't supposed to be Spence from what Rigo said on Twitter. The Cuban flag next to his name was because allegedly Teddy had Rigo there but was told to take him off and they forgot to change the flag for his nationality.

Good stuff thanks

Hey, he wanted to fight for titles in his second fight, then he doesn't get that luxury.

He gave up his signing bonus to arrange this to try and make history. That's a bad thing? Rademacher fought Patterson in his pro debut. Henry Armstrong was one of the greatest fighters of all time. He lost his debut and was knocked out, won his second fight and then lost his third and fourth. One of those fighters (third fight for Armstrong) was making his debut. http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/9018

Well I mean espn told him to pump up loma

I'm sure they did. Promoters do this stuff though with networks, especially Arum. But Atlas' personal P4P list already had Loma as #1 after his 8th fight (after he beat Walters), as crazy as that sounds. If you look at ESPN's writers' votes Atlas voted him P4P #1 back in March (I could find an even earlier vote from Atlas) which was well before Top Rank even had their ESPN deal. Loma was still fighting on HBO and had another bout there against Sosa.

This list is through March 23rd on how ESPN's writers voted. Eric Raskin also voted him #1. You can click the image and check how the panelists voted.

Last edited:
I'm sure they did. Promoters do this stuff though with networks, especially Arum. But Atlas' personal P4P list already had Loma as #1 after his 8th fight (after he beat Walters), as crazy as that sounds. If you look at ESPN's writers' votes Atlas voted him P4P #1 back in March (I could find an even earlier vote from Atlas) which was well before Top Rank even had their ESPN deal. Loma was still fighting on HBO and had another bout there against Sosa.

This list is through March 23rd on how ESPN's writers voted. Eric Raskin also voted him #1. You can click the image and check how the panelists voted.

On the one hand nava has a list that looks mental as well as atlas, on the other at least teddy had spence there.

We all know about Hopkins, and probably most of us know about bentt, these things do linger with other fighters, we could name more with losses early doors.
I mean..i dont hold hopkins first loss against him...

Its just odd we do it for lomo

in the big picture belts are pretty meaningless. Its more about competition.

Honestly....i dont remember a fighter who has fought this kind of competition so early....

And so for him to lose his second pro fight, to me, I don't hold it against him so much. we do it with literally no other fighters.

I mean henry armstrong lost a few fights early on and hes still an easy top 5 prper all time

So im not gonna do it with him.

Back