Help me understand, what's up with Teddy picking lomo as p4p

That close fight with Kovalev (that I thought he lost)...even though he took him apart in the 2nd fight. It still makes him look human.

Bud doesn't look human. He looked like a machine out there last night.

I have bud first and ward 2nd.

Bud is a special talent but putting him p4p above ward is living in the moment. Ward has a better resume and has wins over better opposition. Those last fights you are referring to were Ward going up in weight to fight and defeat the number one ranked LHW. And when the first win was questioned instead of taking his ball and going home AW got back in their and stopped Kovelev. Terrence is the undisputed champion but he has yet to fight an elite talent on his level. When he moves up to the 147 shark tank he will have his chance to make a legitimate claim to p4p 1. Until then it's Andre all day.

ESPN's P4P list should be shown on-screen and not Teddy's personal list. Teddy is only one of the panelists that vote on the Top 10 P4P at ESPN. He's had Loma as #1 P4P since after beating Walters or Sosa. I pointed it out a while ago in a post here and didn't agree with it. Lomachenko doesn't consider himself to be #1 P4P. He believes Crawford is. They're stablemates so maybe there's some bias there but he's said it more than once.

Teddy's going by the eye test and perceived ability more than résumé with Loma. He's doing this with Spence too, for example. He doesn't consider GGG to be a P4P fighter at all. I learned that Spence is Cuban though. Never realized.

That close fight with Kovalev (that I thought he lost)...even though he took him apart in the 2nd fight. It still makes him look human.

Bud doesn't look human. He looked like a machine out there last night.

I have bud first and ward 2nd.

lol at rating crawford over ward.
Lets see crawford fight the level of competition that Ward has before we make that comparison. Crawfords best wins are Postol and Indongo. These guys were barely on anyones radar before Crawford fought them.

lol at rating crawford over ward.
Lets see crawford fight the level of competition that Ward has before we make that comparison. Crawfords best wins are Postol and Indongo. These guys were barely on anyones radar before Crawford fought them.
I don't see how anyone is above ward p4p right now.

If Ward and Loma were both WW where would you put your money?

P4p is fun don't get your panties in a bunch.

If Ward and Loma were both WW where would you put your money?

P4p is fun don't get your panties in a bunch.
Ward easy. Ward knows how to do it all.

I know people like to insist otherwise, but Lomachenko is a pretty one dimensional fighter. He fights at one speed and does one thing. A boxer like Ward would figure that shit out.

I know people like to insist otherwise, but Lomachenko is a pretty one dimensional fighter. He fights at one speed and does one thing. A boxer like Ward would figure that shit out.

No

Agreed.

Lomachenko is a great talent but Ward, and Terrence Crawford are more versatile, and overall more complete boxers. How anyone could rate Lomacheko's skills over either of them is beyond idiotic.

Yeah, he is. He fights the same way against everyone.
You'll see when he fights someone who can adjust and he won't be able to. Couldn't adjust to Salido. Gamboa did. Garcia did.

He did adjust to Salido. Watch the end of the fight. Salido was figured out and he was letting his hands go. You think a guy that won two World Championships as an amateur and two Olympic gold medals doesn't know how to adjust? That's required for them to win their matches. They don't get training camps or film study for their opponents, they have to make their adjustments on-the-fly. Loma also adjusted to Russell's hand speed after the first couple rounds and shut it down.

Show me another fighter out there that's combination counter-punching like in the video I just embedded. When Lomachenko throws combos he isn't getting caught because he stays defensively responsible. Please stop playing analyst. Leave that to the real ones who all completely disagree with your statements.

@Seano now says that Garcia adjusted to Salido. That isn't what he said before.

You'll see when he fights someone who can adjust and he won't be able to. Couldn't adjust to Salido. Gamboa did. Garcia did.

Before...

Quitting on his stool is "completely outclassing" Salido?

What fight gets stopped for a broken nose? Complete bullshit doctors stoppage. Quitting is losing, in my book.

Usually not, but it did for Garcia. It did work for Hopkins against Dawson though. How many fights have you seen stopped for a broken nose? Why not stop fights for broken hands? Maybe Haye's loss to Wlad should be overturned because he hurt his toe!

They saw that Garcia was starting to fade and they played that doctor and unbelievably that doctor actually took the bait. Still can't believe it.

Me too. I question if he has the heart when the going gets tough.

LOL. Plenty more here http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/mikey-garcia-vs-lomachenko.3301169

Loma is definitely not 1 dimensional.

Come on, now you're just hating because he's getting so much attention without deserving it

I don't know about that .....

To be fair he did adjust to him towards the end of the fight obviously those rough tactics got him off his game but he was adjusting you can clearly see he was getting the better of it. You really think it goes the same way if they fight again ?

To be fair he did adjust to him towards the end of the fight obviously those rough tactics got him off his game but he was adjusting you can clearly see he was getting the better of it. You really think it goes the same way if they fight again ?
Well, no. Salido is 75 years old now.

He did adjust to Salido. Watch the end of the fight. Salido was figured out and he was letting his hands go. You think a guy that won two World Championships as an amateur and two Olympic gold medals doesn't know how to adjust? That's required for them to win their matches. They don't get training camps or film study for their opponents, they have to make their adjustments on-the-fly. Loma also adjusted to Russell's hand speed after the first couple rounds and shut it down.

Show me another fighter out there that's combination counter-punching like in the video I just embedded. When Lomachenko throws combos he isn't getting caught because he stays defensively responsible. Please stop playing analyst. Leave that to the real ones who all completely disagree with your statements.
You're making it sound like I said he wasn't skilled instead of saying he's one dimensional.

I said Garcia lacked heart, not that he wasn't skilled. I still wonder what will happen when Garcia is in another tough fight.

nice try, though.

You talked smack about Garcia and implied that he was a quitter when the going got tough and that he needed to take the easy way out in the Salido fight. But now, he's the man that will destroy Lomachenko in your eyes. He's just a pawn in your game of discrediting fighters. I will say that Lomachenko has been given too much credit by the media. His skills aren't in question though it's his thin résumé. For only 10 fights it's a very good one, however.

You talked smack about Garcia and implied that he was a quitter when the going got tough and that he needed to take the easy way out in the Salido fight. But now, he's the man that will destroy Lomachenko in your eyes. He's just a pawn in your game of discrediting fighters. I will say that Lomachenko has been given too much credit by the media. His skills aren't in question though it's his thin résumé. For only 10 fights it's a very good one, however.
I didn't say he wasn't skilled.

Garcia was a lot more dominant against Salido than Lomachenko was but he did quit. I still don't like the ending of that fight and I'll always question what happens when Garcia is in another situation like that.

I used to question how Lomachenko would respond in a fight like that too but he successfully avoided having to deal with that again anyway. Lomachenko doesn't seem to be looking for a challenge.

Back