Help me quit smoking!

I stopped by using vapes, i smoked from when I was 16 till I was 22, I've been on vapes for just over 2 years I first got a pen and I was using 12mg liquid, then I bought a box mod, I went down to 6mg, then for the last 18 month I've been using 3mg and now as of Thursday I'm using 0mg liquid. I still buy cigs when I go for a night out but to ensure I don't carry on if I have any left I throw them away before I go to sleep. I'm glad I have stopped my local shop charges £10.39 for the cigarettes that I smoke, and I don't live in London! Cigarettes are costing far too much over here now.

Day two. Trained. After training shower I hacked up a couple globs of gunk. My cough is already improving. My gf said it was a big difference. Now SHE smokes so it's been tricky being around that but I swear to god all this f12 advice is helping.

honestly smoke some weed. it will help you.

and don't drink. that's the real trigger in my experience

Day two. Trained. After training shower I hacked up a couple globs of gunk. My cough is already improving. My gf said it was a big difference. Now SHE smokes so it's been tricky being around that but I swear to god all this f12 advice is helping.

Your gf smokes?

That's like trying to lose weight while living in a candy store...

Your gf smokes?

That's like trying to lose weight while living in a candy store...

Yeah, but I've already made up my mind. She would stop smoking around me if I asked her to but I told her it's cool.

Immediately got sick upon quitting. Congestion mostly.

He drank like a damn fish and I'm sure he smoked a few. But was he a smoker-smoker? I just wish I could find that moderation but with this vice I seem to be all or nothing.

I don't know. In either case, he's not a very good role model. Just a superb writer.

Immediately got sick upon quitting. Congestion mostly.
I thought I was hacking up blood yesterday but it was just brown crud (tar I assume) mixed with green (allergies and a funk I've had). Scar d the bejeezus out of me until I saw it wasn't actually red.

Can't smoke weed. Wish I could. That PM I sent you. That's the reason.
feel ya. well yea if you need a kick pack a lipper or something. at least it won't affect your cardio.

most swimmers I know pack heavily because it's the nicotine kick without the cardio side effects

How are you doing today? Still on the wagon?

I'm going to keep asking in paternalistic fashion. You shouldn't casually ask obsessive people for help.

How are you doing today? Still on the wagon?

I'm going to keep asking in paternalistic fashion. You shouldn't casually ask obsessive people for help.

Doing fine! Cravings aren't too bad. Feel the lungs clearing up. The crap I'm hacking up is getting thinner. A purple belt woman at my academy who smoked for ten or fifteen years told me it took her six months for her lungs to clear.

Weird thing is now my gf is complaining that I snore, which she never did before. So I'm like WTF.

Kick her ass to the couch...keep the pimp hand strong homie.

Had bad cravings yesterday. Had a drag or two at the bar. Today is better. But yesterday I literally coughed up blood

That's a bummer. For what it's worth, most addictions research that I've seen doesn't indicate that sticking to a strictly cold turkey strategy is necessarily better, as long as your intention is to smoke as little as possible with the goal being no smoking as soon as possible. The important thing is to not think that falling off the wagon means you're failing or that you can't quit entirely in the future.

That's a bummer. For what it's worth, most addictions research that I've seen doesn't indicate that sticking to a strictly cold turkey strategy is necessarily better, as long as your intention is to smoke as little as possible with the goal being no smoking as soon as possible. The important thing is to not think that falling off the wagon means you're failing or that you can't quit entirely in the future.

No, I agree. It's not like I've bought a pack or even smoked so much as an entire cigarette.

The experience of smoking is different too. They don't taste the same, more like what they tasted like the first few times I ever had a cigarette (not good) and I get a nicotine buzz off one or two drags. So my sense of taste is improving, and my addiction is fading.

Lungs are a hell of a lot clearer too.

Back