Help ME Get To 155lbs!

10thpjj

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hi all.

I have edited the first post, as I have no fights coming up.

For anyone that is interested I made 155lbs for my last fight and won a tough 3rd Unanimous Decision.

Now I'm On a new carb cycling diet.

Go to page 31 for the new 'challenge' :D

Last edited:
dude you seem to be doing the right thing, how much road work are you putting in each day? And what is your daily caloric intake?

Was skimming your post and had several tips, then read the top; that you can't be dehydrated. That crumbled my reply. But keep up the work man, you are doing the right things.

EDIT: Maybe post your entire weak intake of food? Is your diet like the first two things listed implies?

Thanks for the responses guys! This is fairly typical of my diet. Generally I eat oats whey and berries in the morning, Meat and veg for lunch, meat and veg for dinner. Snacks (which are very few) are Nuts (almonds, pistachios, cashews and brazil) and fruit! taking 3x fish oil tabs a day. 1 whole food multi and vit C.

Kaj1964, I'm am unsure of my total calorific intake for a day. could you recomend me a calorie tracker that you know of? In terms of cardio I'm doing all my MMA which is tough but I am also running at least twice a week. When i go LSD I typically do around 30 minutes (unless of time restraints) Also my HIIIT is usually 15 minutes, i do a treadmill session which is 1 minute at the top speed my treadmill goes (10) and then 1 minute at 7. I do this for 15 minutes.

Thanks for the responses guys! This is fairly typical of my diet. Generally I eat oats whey and berries in the morning, Meat and veg for lunch, meat and veg for dinner. Snacks (which are very few) are Nuts (almonds, pistachios, cashews and brazil) and fruit! taking 3x fish oil tabs a day. 1 whole food multi and vit C.

Kaj1964, I'm am unsure of my total calorific intake for a day. could you recomend me a calorie tracker that you know of? In terms of cardio I'm doing all my MMA which is tough but I am also running at least twice a week. When i go LSD I typically do around 30 minutes (unless of time restraints) Also my HIIIT is usually 15 minutes, i do a treadmill session which is 1 minute at the top speed my treadmill goes (10) and then 1 minute at 7. I do this for 15 minutes.

Sounds like you are on the right track, if you arent ripped I would cut out the Nuts because of the fat content and just eat more red meat. Running everyday wouldnt hurt either even if is just a couple miles. Hope you make it dude

Im gussing you are holding on to too much water from dieting too hard, or you are miscalculating food intake by a monstrous amount.

at 167 lb doing mma 3x a week + hiit+ lsd + strength training there is no way you can hold all that together eating 1000 calories a day

Im gussing you are holding on to too much water from dieting too hard, or you are miscalculating food intake by a monstrous amount.

at 167 lb doing mma 3x a week + hiit+ lsd + strength training there is no way you can hold all that together eating 1000 calories a day

Where exactly did he say he was eating 1000 cal per day????

This is the one I use dude, I write all my food down on paper and at the end of the day punch it all in. Good luck

OK, this morning's weight. . .167lbs :mad: thats now 4 days in a row that I have ate strict and the scales have not moved! WTF??? It's getting a little frustrating and worrying now! :(

Sounds like you are on the right track, if you arent ripped I would cut out the Nuts because of the fat content and just eat more red meat. Running everyday wouldnt hurt either even if is just a couple miles. Hope you make it dude

I guess I could up the running a little bit! I am however, training 6 days a week and have never been a fan of a 7 day a week routine, as I like one day to fully rest and recover, the only thing I do on these days is go the movies with my bird or play golf or something!

Interesting point, as I do feel as though I am dieting much harder than I had to last time I went to 155. I was looking at a sheet with my last diets numbers on it and at this point and I was dropping like a pound a day (at least). Now I am am 4 days solid with no movement!

I don't think that I'm miscalculating my food intake. What ways do you use to prevent this? thanks.

23rd January 2010 - 4 weeks till fight day

• 10:30am PreWO (MMA) Oatmeal (skim milk) frozen mixed berries, whey shake (water) and a kiwi fruit. Pro28/C35/F6
  • 2:15 PWO Whey shake with water an banana. PRO25/C24/F3.
  • 3:15 Tuna, half an orange pepper, spring onion and spinach. Mixed with a bit of light mayonnaise. PRO28/C7/F7.
  • 8:45 Cauliflower Pizza from the main page! tasted really good! I had mushroom, red onion, pepper, chicken breast and chorizo on it! Nutrient profile, no idea!?! Pro high, Carb mod/high, fat mod/high.

I forgot to put my link sorry....

Calorie Counter - Free Online Diet Journal

24th Jan 2010

• 8:30am PreWO (MMA) Whey shake with oats and water, banana. PRO28/C40/6. (2 x fish oil, 1 multi, vit C.)
  • 12:00pm PWO. Protein shake with water. PRO24/C1.5/F2.
  • 12:45 3 egg omelette. Dash of skim milk, 4 mushrooms, half a yellow pepper, small handfull of spinach and red onion!
  • 4:15 Apple.
  • 6:30 Beef, carrots, turnips, broccoli and parsnips! (tried to make a traditional English Sunday dinner minus the the bad stuff so just kept the meat and veggies!)
  • 10:15: 5 strawberries and non fat natural yoghurt with a small amount of why mixed in.

It sounds like water retention; theres no wy your not loosing tissue with your training volume while eating so little. What's your water intake like?

It sounds like water retention; theres no wy your not loosing tissue with your training volume while eating so little. What's your water intake like?

Usually around a gallon a day. Probably another half gallon on top of that when training MMA!

You seem to be doing everything right, all I could suggest is drinking a shit load of coffee or adding in ECA.

You seem to be doing everything right, all I could suggest is drinking a shit load of coffee or adding in ECA.

Coffee? that sound awesome! I LOVE coffee but I wasn't sure if I could/should drink it a lot whilst dieting! sorry to hassle but why would coffee be of benefit? would it be to do with the appetite suppressant?

Back