Help me find a cartoon movie I watched as a kid..

54ddb9ee35d840cb81ee4c4b8a236918.jpg

?
No. Again no face and his head was a perfect cylinder

crayon-shinchan-camtam-chogokin-cantam-super-robo-action-figure-7.jpg

Either of these guys look familiar? Left is Mazinger which was Tranzor Z in the US and right is a Super Robot Chogokin character Chodendo Kantam. Might be mixing the two? One has a face and is red and black the other doesn't really have a face.

crayon-shinchan-camtam-chogokin-cantam-super-robo-action-figure-7.jpg

Either of these guys look familiar? Left is Mazinger which was Tranzor Z in the US and right is a Super Robot Chogokin character Chodendo Kantam. Might be mixing the two? One has a face and is red and black the other doesn't really have a face.
Nope. I'm trying to find something that resembles the head

Nope. I'm trying to find something that resembles the head

The head design that you mention is what's killing me. I've never been an anime geek but grew up on a LOT of Japanese "Super Robot" cartoons. Mazinger, Voltron, Shogun Warriors, Robotech, Mighty Orbots, etc. I can't for the life of me recall one that didn't have the classic features of either a face or some style of helmet like Medieval, Gladiator, or Samurai.

I feel your pain. It took a few years for me find the name of a really horrible Japanese Giant Robot show that I used to watch as a kid but was sweet relief when I found the name. It was Space Giants and it's worse than I remember lol.

Was gonna say Mazinger Z (aka Tranzor Z). What about Getta Robo where three robots combine to make the main robot, and one of the three has like a bucket head?

I bought the theme songs for these on iTunes USA.

Last edited:
BDDB6314-6D0D-4C9D-AE1F-E372E2600039.jpeg
Tetsujin 28
Are you sure it’s not this?
The rivets are around his chest though.

Watch this and tell me that's not it.

I know others have mentioned it once you see the intro it should jog you memory more than just a pic of the toy.

I think your memory is betraying you a bit in terms of the bolts on his neck. Tranzor Z had spikes coming out of the sides of his head, rather than bolts. Also what most people remember about this show was that the girl robot had missiles for tits. And she would launch them at enemies.

Also, it's less likely, but it could be grendizer too

Last edited:
This thread has been in the back of my mind. I need to know the answer.

Back